Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 PM

66 posts, read 75,966 times

Advertisements

I was doing some research for you guys and this came out on google:

"While many Americans believe illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, billions of dollars deducted from paychecks issued to undocumented workers flow to the Social Security Administration (SSA) every year. Those workers almost certainly will never see that money again."

" In 2009, the last year for which figures are available, employers reported wages of $72.8 billion for 7.7 million workers who could not be matched to legal Social Security numbers.

That total hit a record $90.4 billion, earned by 10.8 million workers, in 2007, just before the recession. Some of those were legal workers who simply made paperwork mistakes, but the majority are believed to be illegal immigrants.

Because those wages were reported by employers and not paid under the table, Social Security and Medicare deductions had to be made. A total of 12.4 percent of those wages went into the SSA system — 6.2 percent paid each by the worker and the employer. An additional 2.9 percent was paid into Medicare, half by the worker and half by the employer.

That means about $11.2 billion went into the Social Security Trust Fund in 2007, and $2.6 billion went into Medicare. While that money will be used to pay retirees and health-care beneficiaries, it most likely will never be claimed by the illegal immigrants who contributed it."

In other words : We do pay taxes the only difference is that you get all the benefits and we do not. Well some people get more benefits than others.

The only benefit that I have received from this country was " free education" and Has NOT been FREE after all, I will explain why. My family have been paying taxes for the past 7 years. If you add up my dads, my moms and my income for the past 7 years, we have paid around $16,800.00 on taxes. (that includes Federal Withholding, Social Security and Medicare.) We don't get a tax return, So that money is for the government.

I believe with that amount of money our education has not been free. We have basically pay for it over the years.

Look at the numbers, Every year more illegals are declaring taxes that's helping this country economy.

Last edited by baby2012renter; 11-20-2012 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby2012renter View Post
I'm not lying so there is no catch, if you didn't know it is possible to have to citizenship. As I responded to the other post, if you don't know about it google it.
They didn't hear you post in German, and thought they had caught just another Mexican...

Old 11-20-2012, 11:31 PM

66 posts, read 75,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
They didn't hear you post in German, and thought they had caught just another Mexican...
haha

I almost passed out when I saw how much money we have paid on taxes or has been deducted from our paychecks all this years. and I was called a thief and a criminal! wow!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
haha

I almost passed out when I saw how much money we have paid on taxes or has been deducted from our paychecks all this years. and I was called a thief and a criminal! wow!
Well, you challenged their stereotypes, of course it is not that hard to do that...

Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
I'm not lying so there is no catch, if you didn't know it is possible to have to citizenship. As I responded to the other post, if you don't know about it google it.
I am well aware of dual citizenship. What other country do you hold citizenship in besides Germany? Latina isn't a nationality/country.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:

"While many Americans believe illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, billions of dollars deducted from paychecks issued to undocumented workers flow to the Social Security Administration (SSA) every year. Those workers almost certainly will never see that money again."

" In 2009, the last year for which figures are available, employers reported wages of $72.8 billion for 7.7 million workers who could not be matched to legal Social Security numbers.

That total hit a record $90.4 billion, earned by 10.8 million workers, in 2007, just before the recession. Some of those were legal workers who simply made paperwork mistakes, but the majority are believed to be illegal immigrants.

Because those wages were reported by employers and not paid under the table, Social Security and Medicare deductions had to be made. A total of 12.4 percent of those wages went into the SSA system — 6.2 percent paid each by the worker and the employer. An additional 2.9 percent was paid into Medicare, half by the worker and half by the employer.

That means about $11.2 billion went into the Social Security Trust Fund in 2007, and $2.6 billion went into Medicare. While that money will be used to pay retirees and health-care beneficiaries, it most likely will never be claimed by the illegal immigrants who contributed it."

In other words : We do pay taxes the only difference is that you get all the benefits and we do not. Well some people get more benefits than others.

The only benefit that I have received from this country was " free education" and Has NOT been FREE after all, I will explain why. My family have been paying taxes for the past 7 years. If you add up my dads, my moms and my income for the past 7 years, we have paid around $16,800.00 on taxes. (that includes Federal Withholding, Social Security and Medicare.) We don't get a tax return, So that money is for the government.

I believe with that amount of money our education has not been free. We have basically pay for it over the years.

Look at the numbers, Every year more illegals are declaring taxes that's helping this country economy.
As I have often said, if Americans were holding those jobs that illegal immigrants are they in turn would be paying into our tax coffers also. Any income taxes that illegal immigrants do pay and don't get a refund on I would consider a fine for being here illegally and to help cover their social costs. At any rate it doesn't justify them working or living here.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:

it's not helping us.

looks like all that "foreign labor" money is helping mexico's economy:

Last year Mexico received more than $17 billion in remittances. The amount of remittances in Mexico exceeds the amount of foreign direct investment in the country. This is not surprising given that a significant portion of Hispanics in the United States are of Mexican descent.

it looks like they are sending that money "home", and i wish they would "follow the money".

you have not told the truth on several posts, including the one where you said that you were going to stay and pay your debts off, and then later said that you would leave as soon as you got the money.

so excuse me if i don't believe you when you say that your family has paid over 16K in taxes and received nothing in exchange. (except that "free" education), and, of course, then there is this:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...refund-checks/

Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
I came with a tourist visa, my dad came with a work visa.

I'm tired of explaining everything all over again. If you want to know more about me, read all my posts from the beginning and you will understand.
I was born early in the morning, but not THIS morning. C'mon, baby, you're going to have to do better than this. I believe it is YOU who needs to re-read your posts from the beginning, because you obviously can't keep your story straight.

First, you said WE, as in, "your family" came here on tourist visas. Now, your dad came on a work visa. Please explain how your dad entered this country on a work visa without being sponsored by an employer. Remember, you said he was a "self-employed" landscaper.

Allow me to refresh your memory. . . .

Quote:
We came with a tourist visa, so we came legal and we paid an extra fee to extend our visa for 6 more months, then we stayed illegal but my dad was declaring taxes, he was working "cash" self employed doing landscaping and my brother and I were his dependents.
Perhaps you should have done a little research first and visited the USCIS website prior to posting. Had you, you would realize Germany is NOT on the eligible list of countries for H-2B Visas (temporary non-agricultural workers). Oops!

Quote:
A national from a country not on the list may only be the beneficiary of an approved H-2B petition if the Secretary of Homeland Security determines that it is in the U.S. interest for him or her to be the beneficiary of such a petition.
USCIS - H-2B Non-Agricultural Workers

I can certainly understand how your dad working "cash" as a landscaper would be in the "best interest" of this country.

Quote:
Yes I have 2 citizenship, is there a problem? If you didn't know that is possible to have 2 citizenship google it.
So, you're a German and Latina through dual citizenship? If you want to keep your German citizenship, you had better do it quickly. However, there are exceptions, and I'm sure you fall under that category.

Quote:
Any German citizen who applies for and acquires foreign citizenship, whether in Germany or abroad, automatically loses his or her German citizenship. This occurs automatically by law; you do not have to make a special declaration or notify the German authorities. And it makes no difference how you acquired German citizenship.

Anyone with multiple nationality who has acquired German citizenship according to the principle of birthplace (Section 4 para. 3 of the Nationality Act) or by naturalization in accordance with Section 40 b of the Nationality Act* must choose between his/her German and foreign citizenship upon reaching the age of majority and before his/her 23rd birthday.

Those wishing to retain their German citizenship must declare this in advance of their 23rd birthday. They must also officially renounce their foreign citizenship before their 23rd birthday, otherwise they will automatically lose their German citizenship.
BMI - Homepage -Important questions and answers regarding German citizenship

Quote:
So according to you: you pay thousand on taxes? We all pay pretty much the same, is a percentage of your paycheck (the more you make the more you pay simple as that. )

While I worked as a waitress I was getting paychecks, and a percentage of my paycheck was deducted to pay for federal tax, social security and medicare / medicaid.

Now I'm self employed and I still pay taxes, just like you do. I have a social remember? So when I declare taxes I do it the same way as you do. Every year I receive a W2 form from the places that I have worked for during that year..
No, we do NOT all pay "pretty much the same." By your own admission, "the more you make, the more you pay." I assure you, my tax obligation far exceeds yours. But, that isn't the issue. Furthermore, the average annual cost per student for a public school education is over $10,000. I don't know where you attended school. But, if you attended in places like DC and NY it was very expensive. You stated your combined family tax contribution (you, your dad and mom) for 7 years totals $16,800. That doesn't even cover your 3 years in public school, let alone your brother's 7 years. Please.

Quote:
The nation's elementary-secondary public school systems spent an average of $10,615 per pupil in fiscal year 2010, up 1.1 percent from the previous year, according to statistics released today by the U.S. Census Bureau. District of Columbia public schools spent $18,667 per student in 2010, which is the most of any state or state equivalent. States that spent the most per pupil were New York ($18,618), New Jersey ($16,841), Alaska ($15,783), Vermont ($15,274) and Wyoming ($15,169)
D.C. Leads Nation as U.S. Per Pupil Tops $10,600, Census Bureau Reports - Finance, Insurance & Real Estate - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

You obviously haven't paid much attention to your withholdings. Otherwise, you would realize "Medicaid" is NOT a payroll deduction. So, you did not have Medicaid deducted from your paycheck. Not now, or ever.

Quote:
[color="Magenta"]I was doing some research for you guys and this came out on google:

The info you posted has been debunked numerous times. Perhaps you'd like to explain how the government determines the tax contributions of illegal aliens. Sorry, but "illegal alien" does not appear as a line item on tax returns, does not appear on a W-2 or an ITIN, nor does the government issue special illegal alien SSNs.

Quote:
haha

You almost passed out over that? Are you kidding? $16,800 divided by 7 (years) divided by 3 (you, mom, dad) = a whopping $800 per year per person. Give me a break.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,935 times
Quote:

Just so you know, all that SS money isn't just from illegals, its from people who's last name does not match their SS# or from typos on their forms. This includes many women who marry, many typos, etc. The money goes into an ETF, not directly into SS. Also keep in mind that half of the money is paid by the employer, so that further decreases any money that is paid by illegal workers. As an immigrant that worked here legally (to include some illegals as well that can claim SS through working in the US and receive it through Totalization Agreements) holding German Citizenship as you claim you get to draw on those monies as you retire, look into the Totalization Agreements with Germany and the US, so your money is not lost. Nor did it benefit the US.

Quote:

NO, you have paycheck withholdings, that is not paying taxes. At the end of the year you file a tax form based on your income and deductions, you are likely to have a negative tax return based on what you are stating about your income, meaning you receive back more than what was with held. As for being self employed, you should be sending in all your estimated withholdings quarterly, that means you would be sending in 12.4% for SS, Fed Tax, etc every 3 months.

What do you mean you don't get a tax return? If you filed your tax forms correctly, you would have received a tax withholding return to include any and all deductions that could be claimed, more then likely amounting to a negative tax return (you received back more than you paid in).

Just because your Dad filed tax forms on his income does not mean that you paid for your or your brothers education. Schools are paid for through property tax in your state, not through federal tax withholdings. You paid property tax through your rent, however unless you paid close to $100,000 (avg. of $10k per student including ESL per year, 7 years for your brother and 3 years for you = 10 years) in property tax in the past 7 years, you didn't even pay enough to cover your educations.

Are you aware that they (illegal workers) received back more then $4.2Billion just from claims on their tax forms using ITIN numbers (that means they received more than they paid in from their withholdings, ending with a negative tax owed. Basically they were paid by the US govt for working here illegally and not making enough money), and in 2011 it was estimated they would receive back more then $7Billion than what they paid in. So look at that, they receive back more then they pay in. That is not helping the economy or the US, but it is costing the US citizens.

FactCheck.org : Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 11-21-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
...Are you aware that they (illegal workers) received back more then $4.2Billion just from claims on their tax forms using ITIN numbers (that means they received more than they paid in from their withholdings, ending with a negative tax owed. Basically they were paid by the US govt for working here illegally and not making enough money), and in 2011 it was estimated they would receive back more then $7Billion than what they paid in. So look at that, they receive back more then they pay in. That is not helping the economy or the US, but it is costing the US citizens.

FactCheck.org : Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants
Basically you are saying that an ITIN is always used to illegally work in the United States, which is not necessarily the case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration