U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times

Advertisements

The Democrats are assuring they have loyal voters in future elections I see....

Quote:
Tens of thousands of young illegal immigrants are taking advantage of President Barack Obama's offer to let them stay and work in the United States.

The government said Friday it has approved 53,273 applications under the program that began in August to waive deportations of qualifying illegal immigrants who came into the country as children. Altogether, more than 300,000 have applied; requests have been coming in at a rate of 4,827 a day. Most are still under review.
50K young illegal immigrants avoid deportation - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

This is proof positive of rubber-stamping. It is humanly impossible for DHS to have conducted "thorough" background checks on over 53,000 applicants in less than 3 months, especially given their limited resources. I honestly don't know why they even bothered with this charade. They should have simply told all Dreamies to submit their name, address, and DOB "for the record." Make no mistake, if they pass amnesty, those so-called background checks will be handled with the same lightning speed. In other words, there will be no investigation.

Anyone who has gone through the REAL process will tell you this is BS. Furthermore, if they can process over 53,000 DACA applicants in less than 3 months, why on earth do they always have such a huge immigration backlog? Of course, the answer is clear: They actually investigate those cases, unlike this DACA farce.

Heck, a background check on 53,000 U.S. citizens who haven't used several aliases and other fraudulent info would take longer than this. Ask anyone who has had a background investigation for a security clearance if theirs was completed in less than 3 months. Most will tell you it takes a minimum of 6 months, and often up to or in excess of 1 year. For heaven's sake, don't you think the government should be even more diligent in investigating unlawful foreigners with a penchant for fraud? Incredible!

This would be funny if it weren't so serious. We have no idea how many reprobates have been issued SSNs, work permits, and driver's licenses. Well, now they can legally enter any federal building in this country and board any commercial aircraft. I guess we should all feel warm and fuzzy and sleep so much better knowing that thousands of illegal aliens have been "approved" through the honor system. No national security threat here.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times
I bet they arent even getting their fingerprints and just setting up another system that can be a tool for fake IDs and fake papers. THATS WHAT HAS TO BE STOPPED

Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
More proof that rank-and-file Americans are being sold out by our own country. Sickening.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM

8,185 posts, read 21,745,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

I didn't read the article but before you go on about "Democrats", you are aware that twice as many illegal aliens were deported during Obama's first term than Bush, Jr's first term?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I didn't read the article but before you go on about "Democrats", you are aware that twice as many illegal aliens were deported during Obama's first term than Bush, Jr's first term?
That's already been debunked in here many times. Obama has instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrants that don't have a felony record. Just bringing you up to date.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
And just think about how many more would have been deported instead of picking and choosing. We should give Obama a medal for doing his job? I am still waiting for him to deport his Uncle the illegal and criminal.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And just think about how many more would have been deported instead of picking and choosing. We should give Obama a medal for doing his job? I am still waiting for him to deport his Uncle the illegal and criminal.
Don't hold your breath. Both his aunt and uncle will remain, and WE will support them. His aunt has already been living in Section 8 housing for years at taxpayers' expense, receiving disability checks and food stamps, while she sports designer sunglasses.

There's no telling what tax-funded benefits his drunken uncle receives. Since they aren't considered "violent criminals," they, like millions of other "law-abiding" illegals, qualify for Obama's planned amnesty. I wonder if he has other illegal relatives waiting in the shadows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or