U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 PM

457 posts, read 302,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
because their government is an oligarchy. same as the united states. its like asking the american public why the war in iraq is still going on even though the majority of us want the troops home.
So we should just sit idley by and foot the bill? You know what? I'd rather support MY family's Social Security retirement; I'd Rather support my fellow AMERICANS Social Security.

There may be some turmoil to follow with their rallies for the non-existant rights they think they are entitled to, but, even if troops are required to forcibly remove them, they will be sent back south. Period.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:23 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Because their OWN governement doesn't give a damn about them.
that is true.

Quote:
Imagine if the situations were reversed. They cry about "unfair" treatment in Irving. In mexico, the corrupt "police" force would just shoot them and leave them for dead alongside the highway...after ROBBING them.
and that is unjustified as well. but does the lesser of two evils imply good?

Quote:
They have been treated nothing but kindly as they rob us blind.
who is treating them kindly? look at the general attitude on this board alone.

Quote:
Why does mexico NOT care for it's own?
because they are a corrupt government.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,615,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
It's only appealing to the employers because we aren't enforcing the law in a meaningful way. If an employer knows he is going to spend the next ten years in a tent city jail for hiring an illegal he won't do it. It just won't be worth risking his freedom.

You fix the invasion problem by putting the army on the border and letting them defend the United States with tanks and M-16s. Illegal aliens are at best, economic terrorists and criminals.

And then Mexico decides they won't import any more Pringles Potato chips. Sounds funny doesn't? It's a billion dollar business in Mexico. You really think our govt is going to deploy military pointed at the civilians of a "trade partner" (regardless of whether we label them criminals or other equally damaging labels).

I'm not blasting your idea per se, it has to go further up the food chain for there to be a significant change.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
So we should just sit idley by and foot the bill? You know what? I'd rather support MY family's Social Security retirement; I'd Rather support my fellow AMERICANS Social Security.

There may be some turmoil to follow with their rallies for the non-existant rights they think they are entitled to, but, even if troops are required to forcibly remove them, they will be sent back south. Period.
ok, so how do you fix the problem?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:25 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Quote:
10 years in jail for hiring an illegal immigrant is your solution?

at best, theyre survivalists. at worst, theyre criminals. putting the army along the border will only raise the body count. people will still try to make it over.

let me ask another important question: WHY are they coming over here?
Actually, about ten years in a tent city jail in the middle of the desert. The key is once people see they will actually lose their freedom, and that the government is actually going to enforce the law, then people will stop hiring them.

They aren't survivalists, they are part of a huge foreign army that has invaded the United States.

They are coming here because our government lets them. If the United States government stopped the criminals from invading this nation and deported the ones already here then the Mexican people themselves would pressure their own government into positive changes. Anything short of that, including allowing the invasion to continue, only encourages more illegals to come here and does nothing to solve the problem in Mexico.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
that is true.

and that is unjustified as well. but does the lesser of two evils imply good?

who is treating them kindly? look at the general attitude on this board alone.

because they are a corrupt government.
1. It is not "evil" to deport them, it's the law.
2. They are a constant and growing drain on our economy; and they are now demanding "rights" to MORE money and priveleges.
3. How again does this excuse mexico and make them OUR responsibility? Hell, our govt can't even get to Louisiana to care for our OWN problems.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
ok, so how do you fix the problem?
I've answered your questions. How do YOU propose we change things? or are you just here to enflame the board and pose rhetorical questions?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
And then Mexico decides they won't import any more Pringles Potato chips. Sounds funny doesn't? It's a billion dollar business in Mexico. You really think our govt is going to deploy military pointed at the civilians of a "trade partner" (regardless of whether we label them criminals or other equally damaging labels).

I'm not blasting your idea per se, it has to go further up the food chain for there to be a significant change.
What Do Subsidized Corn, A Militarized Border, and Finance Reform Have To Do With It? - CommonDreams.org

a good article about the effects of a militarized border.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,128 times
Quote:
Remember, walls dont work! and our jails are already overcrowded. let's hear a real solution, and elaborate on WHY it would work.
Walls work great for Israel, China and now India is building 2000 miles of wall.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I've answered your questions. How do YOU propose we change things? or are you just here to enflame the board and pose rhetorical questions?
i think if the united states bolstered mexico's economy, and helped put more money into the working class (stateside and in mexico), then the illegals would have less of a reason to come here to make a living. also, streamlining the legal process (and making it way less expensive) would also encourage people to not circumvent the system.

its the same logic you use with the war on drugs. to get rid of all the dealers, you legalize the product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or