Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 PM

457 posts, read 431,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
how is my idea nonsensical? if i enflame a board with a difference of opinion, that is too bad. i am certainly allowed to have my own solutions. i am not breaking any rules, and i feel that i am able to reinforce my solutions with logic and reason (and history).
You certainly may have your views. I would not argue with that. However, revisionist history should not be cited as "proof" of said viewpoints.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
they do not work where they are constructed. that is an untrue statement. southern california has one of the most fenced lengths of border, yet they also have one of the densest populations. they even fined a company in san diego for using illegals to build the fence. it is not an effective solution. so what is?
Actually it has worked in Southern Cal. Since they put up the new fence the invasion has moved to Arizona. The problems Arizona is having is a direct result of the fence working in Southern Cal. At least that's what the border partol is saying.

As far as the dense population in Southern Cal goes, blame that on illegals crossing over before the fence went up.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
That would work great for Mexico, and her army of invading illegals, but it wouldn't be so good for the United States.
it wouldnt be any worse for us. we would just have more mexican goods in our markets. we could easily substitute imports from other countries with mexican goods.

Quote:
Our underclass is too large as it is. Our middle class is shrinking more and more every year, and the primarily illiterate Mexicans illegals do absolutely nothing to change that by coming here.
our middle class is shrinking due to the federal reserve act and the income tax. if you search google video for "america: freedom to fascism", you can find the authorized director's version available for free, in full. it is a great documentary showing the history of the dollar deflation in america, due to the banking industry.

Quote:
In short, overall they injure our economy, they certainly don't help it.
we have had mexican labor for over a century, through our economic ups and downs. i dont understand how they have shown to have any consistent impact on our economy in any manner.

Quote:
And as far as incentive goes, if the illegals knew they would be greeted with a M-16 and jailed in a tent city jail that would take away any incentive as well.

so we should burden the taxpayers by incarcerating immigrants? that doesnt seem inline with your beliefs. maybe you should rethink your position?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
You certainly may have your views. I would not argue with that. However, revisionist history should not be cited as "proof" of said viewpoints.
what is better proof than real life experience? and where is the "proof" that supports your ideas?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Actually it has worked in Southern Cal. Since they put up the new fence the invasion has moved to Arizona. The problems Arizona is having is a direct result of the fence working in Southern Cal. At least that's what the border partol is saying.

As far as the dense population in Southern Cal goes, blame that on illegals crossing over before the fence went up.
can i see your source for that, please?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:15 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
so we should burden the taxpayers by incarcerating immigrants? that doesnt seem inline with your beliefs. maybe you should rethink your position?

It costs very little to incarcerate someone in a tent city jail. A bottle of water and a baloney sandwich. Sheriff Joe Arpiao of Maricopa County, Arizona has it down pat. It cost less than a quarter a meal for the inmates to eat. Additonally, there are no real overhead costs. How much does a tent cost? If someone trys to escape you shoot him.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
what do you base that number off of?
If we can pick up 38 million illegals from south of the border I'm pretty sure we could pick up couple hundred million from around the world if it was free and legal. Come on, not the solution.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It costs very little to incarcerate someone in a tent city jail. A bottle of water and a baloney sandwich. Sheriff Joe Arpiao of Maricopa County, Arizona has it down pat. It cost less than a quarter a meal for the inmates to eat. Additonally, there are no real overhead costs. How much does a tent cost? If someone trys to escape you shoot him.
sounds great. a country full of prisoners.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If we can pick up 38 million illegals from south of the border I'm pretty sure we could pick up couple hundred million from around the world if it was free and legal. Come on, not the solution.
most people that immigrate from mexico do it because of the economic gap and the geographic proximity. to assume that overseas countries would lend us the same amount of immigrants is just absurd and unsubstantiated.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Why keep them as prisoners? A bus ticket back home would be cheapest of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration