U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i know about pearl harbor, buddy. my dad was a history major and we watched the history channel together way too much. but we declared war on japan. germany was an ally halfway across the world. between the US and china, japan didnt stand a chance. the european allies were adequately equipped to face hitler without our involvement.
All the more reason for YOU to bone up on your history----not your dad.

I, too am a history buff-------and, certainly do not claim to know all either

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 AM

457 posts, read 302,203 times
Quote:
absolutely. so to assume that picking off the immigrants one by one is going to stop the flow is unreasonable. we need to tackle the problem at its source, the corrupt government and damaged economy of mexico.
Agreed. But, giving money or any financial support to a corrupt govt will only result in failure. What needs to happen is that instead of fleeing HERE, the ILLEGALS need to protest and stand up against their own oppressive govt. It's no more our right to force mexico's govt to change than it is theirs to force us to.

It is incumbent on the mexicans to stand up and demand change of their own Govt. If they put HALF the effort into that as they do here, just imagine the possibilities.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 AM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
No, I can't take the time to read BS. Illegal is Illegal.
how do you know its BS if you dont read it? MOD CUT.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-14-2007 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: No personal comments!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Agreed. But, giving money or any financial support to a corrupt govt will only result in failure. What needs to happen is that instead of fleeing HERE, the ILLEGALS need to protest and stand up against their own oppressive govt. It's no more our right to force mexico's govt to change than it is theirs to force us to.

It is incumbent on the mexicans to stand up and demand change of their own Govt. If they put HALF the effort into that as they do here, just imagine the possibilities.
you dont get it. if mexican nationals stood up to their government, it'd be another burma. do you really want to see that?

3,886 posts, read 5,995,057 times
I don't care if Mexico has to get a Chavez, Peron, or a Pinochet to get things right then so be it!

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
i know about pearl harbor, buddy. my dad was a history major and we watched the history channel together way too much. but we declared war on japan. germany was an ally halfway across the world. between the US and china, japan didnt stand a chance. the european allies were adequately equipped to face hitler without our involvement.
(before this thread gets locked) Total fiction. Have you never heard of the Lend Lease act. Are you aware that the Merchant Marine suffered the highest casualty rate of any of the branches of service because so many of their ships were torpedoed while ferrying supplies to Britain? And this was before Pearl Harbor. Did you know that we sent over 2 million 2 ton trucks to Russia? Or that getting desperately needed supplies to Russia on ships via Murmansk was one of the most dangerous assignments imaginable? To say Europe could have won WW2 without US involvement is simply not true.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All the more reason for YOU to bone up on your history----not your dad.

I, too am a history buff-------and, certainly do not claim to know all either
ok, ill agree on a stalemate here. a lot of the argument is theoretical and subjective at this point. we were getting a little off topic anyway.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 AM

457 posts, read 302,203 times
Quote:
you dont get it. if mexican nationals stood up to their government, it'd be another burma. do you really want to see that?
You don't get it. I do not care what happens. It's THEIR problem and they need to solve it. Not the United States. WE fought our OWN wars of independence against an oppressive govt: Britain.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
yeah, germany declared war after we declared war on japan, because they were allies. hitler never managed to attack the americans on their own soil. the declaration was just a fancy way of stating alliance.
Answer the question. Has Mexico issued a formal declaration of war against the US?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
You don't get it. I do not care what happens. It's THEIR problem and they need to solve it. Not the United States. WE fought our OWN wars of independence against an oppressive govt: Britain.
because we were armed, and fought on our own land, against a similar army. in mexico, youre talking poor nationals vs. the military, who is armed with machine guns. it is much more comparative to burma than the revolutionary war. the mexican nationals know this, so they wont sacrifice themselves for nothing. they will continue to come here and work and try to make a change without bloodshed. the united states will continue to house illegal immigration until we can help enact change in mexico without bloodshed. agree or disagree, that seems to be one of the only realistic solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or