Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
We will gladly smuggle arms to the Mexican revolutionaries. Building and distributing arms is something were very good at
yeah, aka watching other nations lay waste to each other is something we are very good at.

who do you think armed saddam hussein and the taliban?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i know this because that is what happens when you have an unarmed citizen populace fighting against an armed government military. it might not be "shoot on sight", but the nationals would be killed by the thousands, if not worse. how are you supposed to take on the military without weapons and expect to be successful?
The citizens of Czechoslovakia did it. (see the 'Velvet Revolution'). And Chinese students faced down tanks at Tianneman Square. Why should the Mexicans not be expected to make any sacrifices to reclaim their country? It is just too easy to them to come here and do nothing to address the problems in their country.

Quote:
"they cannot keep coming here". but they will. until we solve the problem ourselves. they're our "burden", so we need to fix it. life ain't fair, is it?
Sounds alot like the 'Manifest Destiny' you were just talking about.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,198 times
I dont know if they are bringing thier culture to us or that there is a great number of criminals escaping prosecution in mexico and other contries, but the crime has me running for the hills. The tagging, the small theft from everything left out or even not chained down and alarmed is staggering. The lack of respect and morals is another issue. I can only imagine things like a faith that allows you to steal on friday and repent on sunday makes it ok to steal again on monday! of course probably my uneducated opinion!!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The citizens of Czechoslovakia did it. (see the 'Velvet Revolution'). And Chinese students faced down tanks at Tianneman Square. Why should the Mexicans not be expected to make any sacrifices to reclaim their country? It is just too easy to them to come here and do nothing to address the problems in their country.
the velvet revolution was the dissolution of a communist government through worker strike. the same tactic would be unsuccessful in mexico. a general worker strike would do very little to persuade the government. it would have the same affect there as it would here in america.

Quote:
Sounds alot like the 'Manifest Destiny' you were just talking about.
let me make this very clear: i believe that manifest destiny is bullsh**. i think we should embrace cultures and use our power and wealth to humanely right the wrongs in our own country and diplomatically help to solve the problems of our neighbors, if the citizen populace wants it. an economic balance will help improve relations, and stop the uneven immigrant/emigrant flow. i believe in compassion and SHARING. i learned those in kindergarten.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgolddigger View Post
I dont know if they are bringing thier culture to us or that there is a great number of criminals escaping prosecution in mexico and other contries, but the crime has me running for the hills. The tagging, the small theft from everything left out or even not chained down and alarmed is staggering. The lack of respect and morals is another issue. I can only imagine things like a faith that allows you to steal on friday and repent on sunday makes it ok to steal again on monday! of course probably my uneducated opinion!!!!
i would like to see a source linking those crimes to illegal immigrants, and how the source acquired those numbers, if not already cited.

respect and morality are subjective, and work both ways. you may feel disrespected, so might they. what are either of you doing to change it?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:26 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
the velvet revolution was the dissolution of a communist government through worker strike. the same tactic would be unsuccessful in mexico. a general worker strike would do very little to persuade the government. it would have the same affect there as it would here in america.

let me make this very clear: i believe that manifest destiny is bullsh**. i think we should embrace cultures and use our power and wealth to humanely right the wrongs in our own country and diplomatically help to solve the problems of our neighbors, if the citizen populace wants it. an economic balance will help improve relations, and stop the uneven immigrant/emigrant flow. i believe in compassion and SHARING. i learned those in kindergarten.
I am sooooo tempted to say something. But I think I'll just keep quiet.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I am sooooo tempted to say something. But I think I'll just keep quiet.
feel free to direct message me. i have never reported anybody, or even given a negative rep, and dont plan to.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
Quote:
you are correct. we do have a path to citizenship. it is costly and takes many years, in most cases. we create illegal immigration by making our path to citizenship unattainable to the people that would benefit from it most: the poor and the desperate. if we reformed our immigration policies, we would eliminate the "criminal" class we create.
Ghost that path to citizenship is costly and takes many years however, it was created like that for a reason. It's not unattainable at all. It's called patience and perserverance and those who respect and go through the process, are the ones that will more than likely have something to offer to the U.S. If it were an easy undaunting path, then guess what, you'd have America full of exactly what you have right now - a country that is over-populated and over-run.

There are checks and balances to every thing in life - and the checks and balances are in place for a reason.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
This thread has nothing to do with the article originally referenced. It looks like many of the other threads here, and the discussion is going nowhere.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration