U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times

Advertisements

i hope you can all find the patience and objectivity to read this:

Why I Support Amnesty for Immigrants - The Case for Immigrant Amnesty

Old 10-13-2007, 07:49 PM

457 posts, read 302,203 times
Pro-ILLEGAL tripe. Plain and simple. This is NOT a battle against immigrants who choose to come here and become law-abiding citizens through the proper channels.

I am sick and tired of people continually labeling this as simply a struggle for freedom. We HAVE a path to citizenship; Countless millions have used it and continue to use it. And those that have and do, would appreciate the same courtesy.

I am through with your flaming and rhetorical posts.

Last edited by PApisces; 10-13-2007 at 08:01 PM..

Old 10-13-2007, 08:13 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
They need to take their struggle for freedom to THEIR elected representatives in THEIR own country!

THEIR problems are NOT our problems nor should they ever be. Our problem is how to deport them all.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:37 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
They need to take their struggle for freedom to THEIR elected representatives in THEIR own country!

THEIR problems are NOT our problems nor should they ever be. Our problem is how to deport them all.

Agreed, and the Mexican government will never change if the poorer Mexicans are allowed to keep coming over. Sending them back and forcing them to change their own system from within is actually the humane thing to do.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Pro-ILLEGAL tripe. Plain and simple. This is NOT a battle against immigrants who choose to come here and become law-abiding citizens through the proper channels.

I am sick and tired of people continually labeling this as simply a struggle for freedom. We HAVE a path to citizenship; Countless millions have used it and continue to use it. And those that have and do, would appreciate the same courtesy.

I am through with your flaming and rhetorical posts.
excuse me? who am i flaming?

you are correct. we do have a path to citizenship. it is costly and takes many years, in most cases. we create illegal immigration by making our path to citizenship unattainable to the people that would benefit from it most: the poor and the desperate. if we reformed our immigration policies, we would eliminate the "criminal" class we create.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

they have a zapatista army that has been relatively unsuccessful in persuading government action. the best they have done so far is get vicente fox elected, but he was unable to impact any major change.

but one thing you say is definitely untrue: their problems ARE our problems! why do you think we have debate over immigration? the problem obviously exists, and we should find intelligent ways to deal with it. criminalizing people and being uncompassionate is no humane, or intelligent, way of dealing with the situation at hand, in my opinion.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Agreed, and the Mexican government will never change if the poorer Mexicans are allowed to keep coming over. Sending them back and forcing them to change their own system from within is actually the humane thing to do.
why cant we do it diplomatically? the united states has a lot of power and influence over mexico. it would be better to use diplomacy, instead of hoping that a bloody revolution would enact any change. the mexican army has all the guns. we've seen what happens when you try to revolt against the army in burma (myanmar). do you really wish that sort of situation on the people of mexico, when we have the means to use diplomacy and help solve the problem in both countries?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
why cant we do it diplomatically? the united states has a lot of power and influence over mexico. it would be better to use diplomacy, instead of hoping that a bloody revolution would enact any change. the mexican army has all the guns. we've seen what happens when you try to revolt against the army in burma (myanmar). do you really wish that sort of situation on the people of mexico, when we have the means to use diplomacy and help solve the problem in both countries?
As long as the millions and millions of illegal alien criminals are out of the United States I figure how Mexico changes is none of our business.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
As long as the millions and millions of illegal alien criminals are out of the United States I figure how Mexico changes is none of our business.
so you think that the united states was wrong for involving themselves in the balkans or against nazi germany in ww2?

Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so you think that the united states was wrong for involving themselves in the balkans or against nazi germany in ww2?
I definitely have an opinion on those subjects but I don't want to hijack the thread so I won't comment on that question.

I will say however, immigrants should only be allowed in to the United States based on what they have to offer the United States. Whether a potential immigrant could prosper or improve his life by coming here should not enter the equation or even be considered.

As far as diplomatic efforts go, sure if a phone call can improve someone's lot in life that's fine. But the internal affairs of other nations should be for the most part none of our business. If it helps you understand my position I don't believe in foreign aid at all. No military aid, no economic aid, no humanitarian aid. At all, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or