U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times

Advertisements

Ah sanity at last. I am white but am also 1/8 shoshone out of Dubois wyoming originally. I often wondered how Legal hispanics felt about the illegals speaking for them. My wife is a legal immigrant from thailand and she is stunned at the fact we tolerate these criminals. She also finds it shameful that they lie cheat and steal from the land that offers so much.
More power to those who are legal and speak out against those who would trespass against us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I'm glad to meet you too. We who are mixed race occasionaally find racisim in our own Indian culture from those who are full blood American Indian I found out awhile back. I joined a Choctaw forum and as soon as I mentioned my mixed blood I was immediately attacked and treated as if I was an illegal alien by most on the board, not all but enough to know that I wasn't really welcomed by them. Kinda strange feeling when the Chief himself sent my husband a beautiful certificate claiming him to be an Honorary Member of the Choctaw Tribe after we met him out in CA. Sorry everyone....kinda off subject and I apoligize.
That is pretty pathetic that the so-called 'full blood' Choctaw, etc. would have any issue with a person of proven part Choctaw heritage.

Although; I felt a similar sense of being ostracized by a bunch of Romanians of Hungarian heritage visiting my country when they found out I could not speak Hungarian-------those foreigners ignored me and started jabbering away in their language.

Apparently; what really frosted their collective pumpkins was that I am a direct male descendent of the brother of a Hungarian revolutionary from the 16th Century yet I speak only English.

Suffice to say: if the above were illegal immigrants; Yours Truly would have notified ICE-------'ethnic solidarity' be damned.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 10-15-2007 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors

Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 PM

447 posts, read 705,862 times
proof positive that this is not a race thing....thank you very much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or