U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 PM

18,093 posts, read 20,061,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Original article (broken link)

City Data thread
From reading this article about Arizona I have a question. I thought the reason illegals immigrans wanted to have children here was so the children would be US citizens. So if they were born here how and why can they get a Mexican birthcertificate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
From reading this article about Arizona I have a question. I thought the reason illegals immigrans wanted to have children here was so the children would be US citizens. So if they were born here how and why can they get a Mexican birthcertificate?
Unless once in Mexico there is a possibility that the American kids could be booted out as illegal immigrants SOB.

Remember that Mexico's immigration laws are nastier than ours.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 PM

18,093 posts, read 20,061,218 times
See that is what I was thinking. Now if Mexico boots them out they have to come without their illegal parents then what? Who will take in the children here?

The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is how johnny quick they are getting these birth certificates but they have been in our country for years and couldn't apply for citizenship?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Illegal immigration is not just a problem in Calif, Az and Tx..we have huge numbers in Georgia and I appreciate our Governor's stance on this issue. Georgia is now known as Georgia-fornia and not because of movie stars and palm trees.
I know but Places like California, we see the most illegals.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:33 AM

348 posts, read 914,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I know but Places like California, we see the most illegals.
Obviously, but you are also a more liberal state than Georgia and Oklahoma, so it is no wonder that your elected officials won't do anything about it.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Default undocumented

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
I don't know..who designates a city a "sanctuary city"? And when did these start popping up? I must have been living under a rock because I have only heard of them this year.
Its just like "undocumented" they dont want to say we dont enforce laws against illegals. Its a "spin" term

Unless the white house stops allowing them into the country, state laws only force illegals for another state to live. Federal resources are still drained but maybe not that states. Also when a state is in perile...the feds will make ALL taxpayers pay for it. Have you noticed how many of these new laws in the states dont have tooth becauase the feds dont allow it.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,613 times
I love the fact that Oklahoma is taking a stand with the illegal immigration issue. its about time, and hopefully other states will follow Oklahoma. In chicago there is a severe problem with illegal immigration, and I am hoping Illinois will be the next state to pass the law. Others from other countries are spending so much money and time to get here LEGALLY, and its not fair that the other just crawl through a tunnel, or swim across a river to get here. Its not fair! Hopefully in the year, or couple years to come, all states will approve and pass this law!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM

790 posts, read 1,429,916 times
I wish every state would follow Oklahoma. I think in the next few years we will see the Libertarian Party gaining strength with candidates similar to Ron Paul or a Tom Tancredo. Elected officials that will spend less time + wasted energy on the Middle East, less time pandering to vocal minorities and crooked + corrupt dictators from MOD CUT countries. More time defending legal citizens + reducing wasteful spending on useless programs and smokescreen military operations. More money spent on law enforcement and bringing down the hammer on hard core criminals, building a large fence along the entire Mexican border with heavy surveillance. Once the wall is complete we can deal with those in this country here illegally. Those who have stayed out of trouble should be given a path to citizenship.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-15-2007 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or