U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM

14,214 posts, read 7,406,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
what dirt did they pile on themselves?
Every time they commit a crime,"dirt"
Just bein silly is the idea that "if what they were doin was legal they wouldn't have to shoot cops" thats plain silly!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
Why have any laws at all, then? Let's get rid of all of them for law enforcement's benefit. That would make their jobs super easy!
this is actually a valid point. the less laws there are on the books to enforce, the more in benefits law enforcement in terms of safety and effectiveness. but again, where is the middle ground? surely we can concede there is a need for law enforcement to help find the identities of rapists, murderers, child abusers, etc.., but is there really a need for law enforcement to ticket jaywalkers, expired meters, mild speeders, non-intrusive protesters, etc.? arguably. but this is the end of the law enforcement spectrum where it gets a little blurry between safety and intrusion. the immigration policies, in my view, fall somewhere closer to the blurry side of the spectrum, along with prohibition and civil rights in general. law enforcement should have little authority on personal freedoms or enacting laws restricting them (inclusive of the tax on immigrating legally).

Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM

348 posts, read 914,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
We post things like this to show everyone that not all illegals are here simply for a better life. Plenty of them are criminals and this is just another of many crimes that would not have occured if this person was not allowed to come into the country illegally....again

Agreed, I will post every bit of dirt I find on an illegal, and believe me there's no shortage, just to show people who haven't figured it out yet...that they are CRIMINALS and should be treated as such.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Every time they commit a crime,"dirt"
Just bein silly is the idea that "if what they were doin was legal they wouldn't have to shoot cops" thats plain silly!
well then the citizen populace has quite a bit of dirt, too. cant we be dirty together?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
We post things like this to show everyone that not all illegals are here simply for a better life. Plenty of them are criminals and this is just another of many crimes that would not have occured if this person was not allowed to come into the country illegally....again
there are more people here to work than there are to commit crime (aside from the "crime" of immigrating). why would you characterize them as criminals when it is factually documented that most of them are not?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
there are more people here to work than there are to commit crime (aside from the "crime" of immigrating). why would you characterize them as criminals when it is factually documented that most of them are not?

Are you denying the fact that them being here ILLEGALLY is not a crime? That's their first offense...then it just goes downhill from there.

I'll give you this, you sure are passionate about illegals.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Agreed, I will post every bit of dirt I find on an illegal, and believe me there's no shortage, just to show people who haven't figured it out yet...that they are CRIMINALS and should be treated as such.
aside from the crime of crossing borders, what crimes do most of them commit once theyre here? and can you please source your answer.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Are you denying the fact that them being here ILLEGALLY is not a crime? That's their first offense...then it just goes downhill from there.

I'll give you this, you sure are passionate about illegals.
im passionate about being compassionate. letting people work here to make better lives for themselves is something i encourage. making laws preventing them from doing so seems inhumane. criminals come with every society, we shouldnt let it discourage us from trying to help the rest of the people.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
aside from the crime of crossing borders, what crimes do most of them commit once theyre here? and can you please source your answer.
Ok Senor Ghost, here's just one link New FBI Statistics on Crimes Committed by Illegal Aliens - CA Political News by Stephen Frank (http://capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?article25 - broken link)

if you google "crimes committed by illegal aliens" you will pull up endless accounts, but I don't have time to read through the dirt for you.
I am sure the page count will outnumber those such as "illegal aliens are law abiding citizens"
Happy reading

Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
im passionate about being compassionate. letting people work here to make better lives for themselves is something i encourage. making laws preventing them from doing so seems inhumane. criminals come with every society, we shouldnt let it discourage us from trying to help the rest of the people.

Our laws do not state that nobody can immigrate to our country. The laws are in place to make those worthy of becoming a citizen, work to do so. I'm all for that.
Check out Mexico's immigration laws...see if they'll let you move in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or