Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
well then the citizen populace has quite a bit of dirt, too. cant we be dirty together?
Thats not the point of this thread, maybe they can be dirty on their side of the border.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Our laws do not state that nobody can immigrate to our country. The laws are in place to make those worthy of becoming a citizen, work to do so. I'm all for that.
Check out Mexico's immigration laws...see if they'll let you move in
our immigration policies are expensive and lengthy. tell me how a poor person is expected to legally immigrate here to work in fields if the immigration process costs thousands of dollars?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
im passionate about being compassionate. letting people work here to make better lives for themselves is something i encourage. making laws preventing them from doing so seems inhumane. criminals come with every society, we shouldnt let it discourage us from trying to help the rest of the people.
Those who want to come to this country should do so LEGALLY - as is required by every nation on earth

Those here ILLEGALLY should be (and in some cases) dealt with - and dealt with swiftly - including immediate deportation

Strengthening the borders - putting our military on the borders - immediate deportations - dealing severly with employers who hire illegals - excluding illegals from benifits intended for LAWFUL residents (such as in state tuition and certain welfare benifits) - except for life and death situations, no free health care. Removal of the anchor baby laws -

AND, IMO, all the above is either happening or will become very widespread in the next few years

AS it should

Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Ok Senor Ghost, here's just one link New FBI Statistics on Crimes Committed by Illegal Aliens - CA Political News by Stephen Frank (http://capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?article25 - broken link)

if you google "crimes committed by illegal aliens" you will pull up endless accounts, but I don't have time to read through the dirt for you.
I am sure the page count will outnumber those such as "illegal aliens are law abiding citizens"
Happy reading
those numbers have no discovered original source, on the fbi or ins websites. you better fact-check before you go posting something that anyone could've written up. 95% of murder warrants? that alone makes the statistics seem uncredible.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM

273 posts, read 249,142 times
In smaller mexican towns, the government doesn't provide law enforcement for their citizens and the people are left to protect themselves through psuedo neighborhood watch groups.
They better hope that never happens here or they won't be walking away after a crime. Just last month in Texas, a hispanic man was beaten to death by a crowd of people after the car he was in ran over a little girl. Too bad, so sad.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Those who want to come to this country should do so LEGALLY - as is required by every nation on earth

Those here ILLEGALLY should be (and in some cases) dealt with - and dealt with swiftly - including immediate deportation

Strengthening the borders - putting our military on the borders - immediate deportations - dealing severly with employers who hire illegals - excluding illegals from benifits intended for LAWFUL residents (such as in state tuition and certain welfare benifits) - except for life and death situations, no free health care. Removal of the anchor baby laws -

AND, IMO, all the above is either happening or will become very widespread in the next few years

AS it should
im all for legal immigration, if it is reasonable. if our legal immigration requirements were $500,000 and a 30 year wait time, would you support that?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
In smaller mexican towns, the government doesn't provide law enforcement for their citizens and the people are left to protect themselves through psuedo neighborhood watch groups.
They better hope that never happens here or they won't be walking away after a crime. Just last month in Texas, a hispanic man was beaten to death by a crowd of people after the car he was in ran over a little girl. Too bad, so sad.
so are you for vigilante justice or not? im confused what point youre trying to convey.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Thats not the point of this thread, maybe they can be dirty on their side of the border.
why cant you share? its especially important to share when you have all the good stuff. i learned that when i was 5.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM

191 posts, read 712,235 times
Quote:
our immigration policies are expensive and lengthy. tell me how a poor person is expected to legally immigrate here to work in fields if the immigration process costs thousands of dollars?
Maybe cut back on some of the $$$ they send back to Mexico?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:14 PM

348 posts, read 1,021,182 times
Quote:
those numbers have no discovered original source, on the fbi or ins websites. you better fact-check before you go posting something that anyone could've written up. 95% of murder warrants? that alone makes the statistics seem uncredible.

You want facts, you find them. Like I said, there's page after page after page. I don't need anymore proof or so called facts to know right from wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration