U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,035,945 times

Advertisements

Hope these 12 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are
read by the majority of Americans. Then they will have something to yell
at their U.S.Congress members. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on
welfare to illegal aliens each year.

1. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such
as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Center for Immigration Studies

2. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Center for Immigration Studies

3. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school
education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English!
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

4. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
CNN.com - Transcripts

5. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

6. 30% of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnncom/TRANSCRIPTS/06 (broken link) 04/01/ldt.01.html

7. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare
&social services by the American taxpayers.
CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused
by the illegal aliens;
CNN.com - Transcripts

9. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two
and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their
children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the
United States
CNN.com - Transcripts

10. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many a s 19,500 illegal aliens
from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border.
Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht (broken link)

11. The National Policy Institute "estimated that the total cost of mass
deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of
between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...eportation.pdf

12. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to
their countries of origin.
http:/ /www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

So if deporting them costs between $206 and $230 BILLION DOLLARS, Start
getting rid of em.' We'll be ahead after the 1st year!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
^all generalization and opinion. illegals and citizens murder, school system status is subjective (and so are the reasons why it is failing), stealing jobs is already proven untrue (by their continued presence over the last century+ and the stagnant unemployment rate that is influence more by inflation and government taxation than immigrant numbers), and "f**king up america" is surely just an opinion as well.

where are the facts? even the money spent on "illegals" can be viewed as money well spent. it would be a lot better if the people funding these systems were the same wealthy employers that benefitted from their cheap labor.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:19 PM

191 posts, read 652,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
^all generalization and opinion. illegals and citizens murder, school system status is subjective (and so are the reasons why it is failing), stealing jobs is already proven untrue (by their continued presence over the last century+ and the stagnant unemployment rate that is influence more by inflation and government taxation than immigrant numbers), and "f**king up america" is surely just an opinion as well.

where are the facts? even the money spent on "illegals" can be viewed as money well spent. it would be a lot better if the people funding these systems were the same wealthy employers that benefitted from their cheap labor.
People give you facts, and you ignore them.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM

348 posts, read 914,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post

Amen, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition...this guy has had more facts than an encyclopedia but they aren't the "facts" he wants so he chooses to ignore.

Last edited by happymom4; 10-15-2007 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
what facts? these unsubstantiated statistic sheets? cite documented history, or link me to "facts" that have original sources.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Quote:
even the money spent on "illegals" can be viewed as money well spent.
Money well spent?! Call me crazy but i dont think spending $$$$$ to educate kids of illegals who have no business in US schools is quality money spent. Espcially with the US falling behind in education.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Money well spent?! Call me crazy but i dont think spending $$$$$ to educate kids of illegals who have no business in US schools is quality money spent. Espcially with the US falling behind in education.
your opinion is that the money is not well spent. my opinion is that the money is well spent. such is life.

as far as the school systems go, they are failing english speakers as well. my mother is a schoolteacher of 30+ years and has taught in both high and low-income schools. she recognizes the need for integration and language being taught at a young age. its not like the mexican people are going away. better to understand them than to live in constant, ignorant fear. she also says that the system itself is flawed, with programs like no child left behind, and the general cirriculum. my views and research support this, as well.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,413 times
No facts just unsubstantiated opinion. Some posters like to hold others feet to the fire when it concerns facts. Then spews adnauseum speculation and opinion

Quote:
your opinion is that the money is not well spent. my opinion is that the money is well spent. such is life.

as far as the school systems go, they are failing english speakers as well. my mother is a schoolteacher of 30+ years and has taught in both high and low-income schools. she recognizes the need for integration and language being taught at a young age. its not like the mexican people are going away. better to understand them than to live in constant, ignorant fear. she also says that the system itself is flawed, with programs like no child left behind, and the general cirriculum. my views and research support this, as well.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
No facts just unsubstantiated opinion. Some posters like to hold others feet to the fire when it concerns facts. Then spews adnauseum speculation and opinion
its definitely opinion. i consider it substantiated. you dont have to. id love to hear your opinion, and how you substantiate it, as a retort to mine.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,413 times
Simple, Remove the hundreds of thousands of illegals from our schools and we either pay less in taxes or pay your mother more, or both. Not only that but when they bring their parents with them it will open up two more jobs for Americans once they are offered at a decent wage. The shortage of cheap labor will drive up the price of all labor and we will all be working in a fair labor market

Panacea, utopia

My opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration