Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:50 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times

Advertisements

If you haven't done so click the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/22/ny...l?ref=nyregion

Our a-hole governor (Elliot Spitzer Dem.) is going to allow up to One-Million illegal aliens in the state of New York to get drivers licenses. Has he gone mad? I think so. I am outraged. He says it will lower insurance rates, what B@#$ S#$%!

I urge all of you to e-mail your state officials immediately about how you feel.

I just want to point out that if NY state is willing to give out drivers licenses to illegals than every illegal in the country will be heading here. Say good bye to a lot of Long Island. Expect Farmingville x 50.

I think this is what is going to push me off the Island ultimately.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:02 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times
The link below is to Newsday - another filthy liberal rag that supposedly reports the news.

NY to allow licenses to undocumented immigrants -- Newsday.com (broken link)

Impeach Spitzer.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:09 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Spitzer should have been impeached as soon as he was involved in all that scandal in the very first few months of his term as a dishonest " f.... bulldozer". Which shows that money does not buy class.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:41 AM
VTP

200 posts, read 957,498 times
I was so sad to see this story but frankly, more frightened than anything else. I'm out there on those roads with my family!! As are all of you, I'm sure. I have seen how the illegals drive and I read their names in the accident reports in the papers. And don't even get me started on how they drink and drive. A family I know moved away from East Hampton because of the illegals, and how they are ruining things for the year-rounders out there. One of their main complaints was the constant drunk driving -- they said it's scary just to get in the car and run a local errand, especially in the evening.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:51 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I have seen how the illegals drive and I read their names in the accident reports in the papers.

I will absolutely agree with this. AND , many many times I have seen them throwing garbage out of the windows of the cars (when I am driving through Central Islip on my way to the Smithhaven Mall).

Old 09-22-2007, 08:10 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Alright, I'll play devil's advocate, give the illegals licenses. Now what? Do you think they'll actually buy insurance? So how the he** will this stupid move lower insurance rates?

Looks like only a new 911 will make our leaders serious about homeland security again

Old 09-22-2007, 10:22 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
What happens after the first fatality due to an accident with an illegal with a license? What if the victim was a member of your family? The liberals will always claim that it is a crime situation, not an immigrant issue. B*LLS**T!! I cannot imagine the anger that some people who have been victims of violent crimes by illegals must carry with them. Long Island, like Queens and Brooklyn before it, will eventually become a place that is a stranger to the people who have been here for decades. BTW, how long will it take before this thread is shut down???

Old 09-22-2007, 10:35 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Alright, I'll play devil's advocate, give the illegals licenses. Now what? Do you think they'll actually buy insurance? So how the he** will this stupid move lower insurance rates?

Looks like only a new 911 will make our leaders serious about homeland security again
Dems wrong too

Will someone please tell Gov that its the Property tax thats driving us out and not the car insurance.
(Truth be told car insurance upstate is DIRT CHEAP.)

In theory theyll need to produce insurance ID/insurance to register a car.
I can see why this would lower rates with more people covered.

We got to poop or get off the pot with this amnesty thing.
If were gonna do it....get it done already and tax them all the hell way back to Central America.

You can thank GWB and the Neocon Republican brown shirts for this mess.
Cheap labor benefits no one but the weathy.

We cant continue to reward illegal bs

Hes out of his mind with this.

c

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 AM
VTP

200 posts, read 957,498 times
It seems this thread is expanding in scope from a discussion of illegals with licenses to a discussion of illegals and how they annoy us, period. That's fine with me. So in that spirit, let me offer another fact, related by the aforementioned East Hampton family that felt compelled to leave as a result of the illegal invasion in that town. They said that in the warmer months, the illegals would mass together on someone's property for enormous volleyball tournaments -- cars parked haphazardly EVERYWHERE, and, far worse, they would urinate right there on the field. If you drove around with your windows open, a pungent smell of urine would be in the air. Couldn't even be bothered to use a bathroom. Sorry to be uncouth, but that's a fact. Is that what awaits us all on Long Island? I read that Spitzer says he refuses to ignore their presence. Well, I agree that we can't turn a blind eye to this. How about acknowledging their (problematic) presence by actually doing something about it, like taking steps to move them out?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:34 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Dems wrong too

You can thank GWB and the Neocon Republican brown shirts for this mess.
Cheap labor benefits no one but the weathy.

We cant continue to reward illegal bs

Hes out of his mind with this.

c

Sorry clammy, a little history is in order. While I agree that Bush has not handled the immigration mess very well, he didn't make the mess! Everyone here should google the '1965 Immigation Reform Act' and see how our short sighted politicians, led by Bobby and Ted Kennedy, changed this country forever with that one legislative act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.