U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times

Advertisements

As a card carrying WASP....I too would like to see your misguided sources STS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 01:35 AM

140 posts, read 79,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Yes, please enlighten us with your sources.
I have posted my sources many times. It's no secret that many illegal aliens, from Mexico, are committing crimes in the US. But, to humor those who have accused me of racism, and even rated my reputation in the forum negatively: Impacts Of Illegal Immigration: Crime
Look, finding the information is not difficult. I'll make it easy for those who are having a tough time of it:
1. Type Google into your browser.
2. When Google appears type : 'Impacts of Illegal Immigration' in the search box

Here is the very first site that you will see: IllegalAliens.US-Impacts (Negative impacts of illegal immigration)

Now, don't get me wrong, you will need to actually read the articles, stats, etc.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM

635 posts, read 1,560,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You must be confusing felony illegals with misdemeanor illegals. Crossing the border without inspection is about as serious as jaywalking across a state line; literally.
Wow! This is to funny! Nice one!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:55 AM

140 posts, read 79,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
As a card carrying WASP....I too would like to see your misguided sources STS
Why are we even debating this? We all know that illegal immigration is a HUGE problem. Those who have already made up their minds are not going to change their way of thinking, no matter what! My thoughts are that as a whole we need to accept that there is a problem, decide what to do about it, and fix it. I have spent countless hours searching for information that disproves my beliefs but really, all you have to do is turn on the TV and watch the news, or Americas Most Wanted, or go the FBI's website to know that a disproportionate amount of crimes are being committed by illegal aliens. I would prefer that everyone was law abiding. That everytime my 11 year old daughter goes outside to play I would know that she is safe. That I could head off to work every morning and know that my wife and kids are safe at home and that another home invasion robbery hasn't claimed my family. But in the real world you have to accept the facts and as my grandfather used to say "Hope for the best, expect the worst". Because that is reality.
And why turn something like this into a race issue? Illegals come from many different countries. While most of them are from Mexico I am not advocating that we only deport them, we need to deport all of them!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:52 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,099,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I have posted my sources many times. It's no secret that many illegal aliens, from Mexico, are committing crimes in the US. But, to humor those who have accused me of racism, and even rated my reputation in the forum negatively: Impacts Of Illegal Immigration: Crime
Look, finding the information is not difficult. I'll make it easy for those who are having a tough time of it:
1. Type Google into your browser.
2. When Google appears type : 'Impacts of Illegal Immigration' in the search box

Here is the very first site that you will see: IllegalAliens.US-Impacts (Negative impacts of illegal immigration)

Now, don't get me wrong, you will need to actually read the articles, stats, etc.
No one is saying that there are not serious offenders who are here illegally. Serious crimes should be dealt with the appropriate level of punishment.

However, you seem to be implying that they must all be serious criminals just because they have committed a misdemeanor crime in crossing the border. Jaywalking is also a misdemeanor crime, and anyone who jaywalks is also an illegal in that instance.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Why are we even debating this? We all know that illegal immigration is a HUGE problem.
I am not debating the fact that illegal immigration can be a non-huge problem. I am debating the fact that it is public policy that is the huge problem. We would not have an illegal immigration problem for you to complain about if we had better public policy that used normal market forces to discourage illegal forms of migrant labor participation.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Jaywalking is also a misdemeanor crime, and anyone who jaywalks is also an illegal in that instance.
I read a sad story about an Englishman; Felipe Fernández-Armesto who was picked up for jaywalking in Atlanta......apparently; it is not illegal in Great Britain. Cultural difference and Felipe got snagged. Oh well.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:12 AM

I guess someone forgot to tell him we are not a colony any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or