Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

The U.S. Constitution identifies immigration as a federal responsibility.

Today as illegal immigration lays siege to the nation, U.S. citizens are poorly served by the executive branch (the president and federal agencies), the legislative branch (the Democrat-controlled Congress), and now by the judicial branch (with injunctions against enforcement of U.S. immigration law, such as that recently issued by Charles Breyer, U.S. district judge, northern district of California).

U.S. Under Siege by Illegals - NewsMax - America's News Page (http://www.newsmax.com/us/illegal_immigration/2007/10/15/40921.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 09:37 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The U.S. Constitution identifies immigration as a federal responsibility.

Today as illegal immigration lays siege to the nation, U.S. citizens are poorly served by the executive branch (the president and federal agencies), the legislative branch (the Democrat-controlled Congress), and now by the judicial branch (with injunctions against enforcement of U.S. immigration law, such as that recently issued by Charles Breyer, U.S. district judge, northern district of California).

U.S. Under Siege by Illegals - NewsMax - America's News Page (http://www.newsmax.com/us/illegal_immigration/2007/10/15/40921.html - broken link)
Excellent article! Loved these parts of the article:

<<Advocates of the radical “New Sanctuary Movement” contend that identity theft is not a crime — when illegal aliens do it. >>

<<Why should the “rights and privileges” of lawbreakers trump those of law-abiding citizens?>>

Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Great article! Looks like a timely news website as well.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
I like how it mentions that identity theft is nt a crimes...for illegals but we always here about this crime in the media. Why hasnt someone sued over this? To Bush:
How can we have the REAL ID act when it is OK for illegals to steal my identity?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
I have a friend whose wallet was stolen and now appearently is working in 5 different states simultaneously. It has been reported but I guess its not a serious matter unless a citizen commits the crime. Nothing has been done about it.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,252 times
Quote:
I guess its not a serious matter unless a citizen commits the crime. Nothing has been done about it.
Or unless the person, whose identity has been stolen, trys to get a much needed loan and can't because he/she suddenly finds out they have a horrible credit history they did not creat.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Or unless the person, whose identity has been stolen, trys to get a much needed loan and can't because he/she suddenly finds out they have a horrible credit history they did not creat.
This happened to some people I know about 4 yrs ago in Florida.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
This happened to some people I know about 4 yrs ago in Florida.
My now ex wife was a victim of identity theft back in 1989.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:41 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have a friend whose wallet was stolen and now appearently is working in 5 different states simultaneously. It has been reported but I guess its not a serious matter unless a citizen commits the crime. Nothing has been done about it.

There was a man is the news a few years back that had his identiy stolen. The man that took his ID worked under his SS# in another state. The IRS went after the man for all the taxes owed on the income this guy made. He tried again and again to explian that he could not possibly be working at his job and aslo be working at a job across the country. The IRS confiscated everything he owned. I don't know if he was ever able to resolve the issue with the IRS but if anyone has ever delt with them it is almost impossible to get your money back if they have taken money.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Why not simply fine illegals and issue a work visa so they won't need to steal anyone else's ID to work? Public policy could be as simple as that.

I am not sure why there is so much drama regarding making simple policy decisions that can reduce public and private sector costs, and end the problem of illegal migrant labor participation in the US market for labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration