U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,707,059 times

Advertisements

If government wants control...what better way to get that control by making control needed by the lawless environment that they are creating!....Read up on the REAL ID act, the North American Union, look at illegal immigration ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM

14,468 posts, read 7,508,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
If government wants control...what better way to get that control by making control needed by the lawless environment that they are creating!....Read up on the REAL ID act, the North American Union, look at illegal immigration ect...
ducter, I think you're on to something there.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM

790 posts, read 1,432,761 times
The fact that those two border agents were jailed doing their job IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!
I'm not sure if Bush has taken any action (I don't think he has). An article I read mentioned one of the border patrol agents was beaten within an inch of his life when the other inmates found out who he was and both these heros were treated far worse than the terrorists held at Guatanamo prison. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 AM

13,757 posts, read 23,268,714 times
Link to a legitimate article about the border patrol agent in jail beating incident:

Ex-Border Patrol Agent Beaten in Prison - washingtonpost.com

BUT...let's stay on topic please.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,707,059 times
Default too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
ducter, I think you're on to something there.
I wish I wasnt!

Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 AM

18,115 posts, read 20,099,073 times
I was just listening to Ames Holbrook tonight on CNN. The problem with deporting illegal immigrants back to Mexico is the prisoners now claim they are from Cuba. Cuba will not take back prisoners. The illegal immigrant comes here with no documentation so how will the USA prove they are from Mexico?

While I think it is pitiful that our own country will set these thugs free why are they? Would you support execution if the criminal can not prove where they are from? Housing them for life in our US prisons?

None of the choices would be favorable but setting a thug free is not the answer either.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,101,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I was just listening to Ames Holbrook tonight on CNN. The problem with deporting illegal immigrants back to Mexico is the prisoners now claim they are from Cuba. Cuba will not take back prisoners. The illegal immigrant comes here with no documentation so how will the USA prove they are from Mexico?

While I think it is pitiful that our own country will set these thugs free why are they? Would you support execution if the criminal can not prove where they are from? Housing them for life in our US prisons?

None of the choices would be favorable but setting a thug free is not the answer either.

According to what a border agent stated, there are minor colloquial differences between Cuban and Mexican dialects. So many border agents can tell after a few months on the job, whether or not some illegal immigrants are lying about their country of origin.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM

756 posts, read 1,759,556 times
OK If they are criminals who have commited a crime on our land why cant we put them in our prison? If the crime is muder,rape are a hate crime then why don"t we use execution, we do on our own people why not illegals they must obey our laws also.Guess if they did that they would not be here!!!
As for any refusing to take there illegals back I do not see where they have that right to refuse......maybe because our government allows them to.
Use sanctions against them!!

Thats what I do not understand, we do not need any-more laws on this,the one we have would work fine if our government would use them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or