U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

WHO DO THESE POLITICIANS THINK THEY REPRESENT, ANYWAY?

This is hard to believe, but true:

The mayor of El Paso, Texas, and some city council members are trying to block construction of the 700-mile long border fence that Congress finally authorized last year!

And the Associated Press reports that mayors in some other American border town have said they plan to limit access of federal authorities to areas where the fence will be constructed.

Recently, Mexican President Calderon said that “Mexico does not stop at its border.” It looks like some American border politicians think it’s more important to do the bidding of President Calderon than to do their duty to the American people!

So, my friend, after decades of non-enforcement of our immigration laws, decades of coddling illegal aliens in our midst, and decades of bilingual education and bending over backwards to promote “diversity,” this is where we have ended up……with politicians more concerned about the sensitivities of Mexicans than about the security of American citizens.

I pledge to you, as a Member of Congress, that I won’t let these sell-out politicians block construction of the border fence. If this matter goes to court, it should be resolved easily in favor of the fence, since the Constitution clearly makes immigration law and enforcement a federal, not a state or local, matter.

More than that, as a presidential candidate, I pledge to you that I will re-double my efforts to warn the American people about the imminent dangers we face to our national sovereignty and national identity by forces both outside and inside our borders!

If you can make a special contribution to our campaign today, that would be a great help to me. I’m going to be in New Hampshire tonight, participating in a Town Hall at Dartmouth College. You can bet that I will be talking to the voters there about the urgent need to build that fence!

Then tomorrow, I am going to officially file my papers as a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination at the New Hampshire Secretary of State’s office at the Statehouse in Concord. It would mean a lot to me personally to know, as I am filing those forms tomorrow, that you have made a gift to our campaign as a sign of your support for our cause! Thanks so much!

Tom Tancredo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
I think I will vote for him. He is the only one that I have heard say enforce the law plainly. Has he ever mentioned using "reform"?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:17 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
They are spending millions of our tax dollars on Homeland Security and you would think our first line of defense would be our borders. Homeland Security is a joke!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 AM

457 posts, read 302,098 times
The politicians work for Big Corporations. Illegal immigration directly benefits Big Business. That's the only reason why it's an uphill battle to DEPORT the ILLEGALS.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times
According to the Houston Chronicle, Mayor Cook of El Paso, opposes the fence construction but has not attempted to block access. He has received death threats on this issue.

The article goes on to state that he "supports alternatives to fencing that are smart and effective and ultimately achieve true security.":

El Paso mayor threatened over border fence opposition | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
They represent the American people, they were voted by the people!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Who Do These Politicians Think They Represent, Anyway!!?
Next time you write one of them, ask. Say, "Do you understand that you were placed in office to represent and serve the people of the United States of America, not the people of Mexico?" Substitute any state or city for 'United States of America' as needed.

Good heavens, this is my opening line in any email to El Presidente Jorge Bush.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
The politicians work for Big Corporations. Illegal immigration directly benefits Big Business. That's the only reason why it's an uphill battle to DEPORT the ILLEGALS.
I truly believe you have summed it up in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or