U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2007, 02:50 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,163,495 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

It would be possible, would take about a century to remove about 40 million people from the U.S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,561,082 times
Reputation: 111
Why would you want to deport all the illegals?!

I'd rather forgive them and have them join the great and mighty Kingdom of God, minister healing and deliverance, and set them free!!

"If you do not forgive your brother his trespasses, your father in heaven will not forgive you of your trespasses."

"But if you forgive your brother his trespasses, your father in heaven will also you of your trespasses."

So start forgiving, because unforgiveness creates bad seeds which choke out the good seed, and settle for nothing less than God's BEST!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,008,811 times
Reputation: 1009
It would be certainly possible and fairly easy. It would just require a number of laws rapidly passed and signed into law.

We could very easily strip illegals of all property and assets. Just declare it illegal booty under RICO type laws. Then start grabbing them off of the street and put them on road gangs. If they stay they spend the next ten years on bread and water building roads out in the hot sun and they lose everything they have stolen from the American people. If they leave they can continue on with their lives in Mexico or where ever.

It would be very simple actually. We would just have to have the political willpower in Washington to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,811,188 times
Reputation: 6264
They probably owe most of it to the IRS for unreported income, back taxes, penalties and interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 05:12 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,163,495 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
It would be certainly possible and fairly easy. It would just require a number of laws rapidly passed and signed into law.

We could very easily strip illegals of all property and assets. Just declare it illegal booty under RICO type laws. Then start grabbing them off of the street and put them on road gangs. If they stay they spend the next ten years on bread and water building roads out in the hot sun and they lose everything they have stolen from the American people. If they leave they can continue on with their lives in Mexico or where ever.

It would be very simple actually. We would just have to have the political willpower in Washington to do it.
Wouldn't it be kind of hard to track all illegals? I mean you can't just go around stopping every Hispanic person you see. Thats racial discrimination. I would not be bothered for that, take me to court!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Canon City Colorado
16 posts, read 35,668 times
Reputation: 24
It wouldn't work if they did pass a law like that any more than it has worked trying to outlaw stupidity.
Instead of making more laws they need to inforce the ones we have. That's the problem with our polititions. They think they can fix anything and everything by making more and more laws. They have been doing it so long now that they think that that is there only job, to make more laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They probably owe most of it to the IRS for unreported income, back taxes, penalties and interest.
And unpaid hospital bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,008,811 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Wouldn't it be kind of hard to track all illegals? I mean you can't just go around stopping every Hispanic person you see. Thats racial discrimination. I would not be bothered for that, take me to court!
No, it wouldn't be hard to track down all the illegals. All that would be necessary would be to deputize a couple of hundred thousand US citizens to hunt them down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 07:01 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,456,238 times
Reputation: 469
The problem with enforcing the laws on the books is it costs money. This would be the money our Congressmen and Senators promised for pork barrel to their constituents back home. There isnt enough money to build a fence, hire several thousand ICE agents and fund a highway project in their district. The bill to build a high grade razor wire prison grade double fence and man the border has been passed. Congress just needs to release the funds instead of paying off the bribes they took to get elected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,704,777 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
No, it wouldn't be hard to track down all the illegals. All that would be necessary would be to deputize a couple of hundred thousand US citizens to hunt them down.
I'll bet people would volunteer their time. Because it will help all of us save money it would keep money in the Gov kitty and allot of legal citizens would benefit from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top