Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:48 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,633,601 times

Advertisements

nobody thought that we could get a man on the moon in the 60's and look what happened in 1969. if we can do that, we can surely round up 12-38 million illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 PM

1,511 posts, read 974,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They probably owe most of it to the IRS for unreported income, back taxes, penalties and interest.
the income tax is voluntary. study up.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
nobody thought that we could get a man on the moon in the 60's and look what happened in 1969. if we can do that, we can surely round up 12-38 million illegal immigrants.
haha, how is that an analogy? we can deport illegals, we can go to the moon... OMG! we can deport illegals... to the moon!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 PM

402 posts, read 1,059,046 times
Quote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Choctawmaid/hahaha.gif (broken link)

Tell that to the IRS. People have tried that one. Guess who won.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
Assuming you make enough to actually pay income tax, why don't you simply point out to the IRS that the tax is 'voluntary' and you choose not to pay it next April 15th? Get back to us and let us know how that works out.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Choctawmaid/hahaha.gif (broken link)

Tell that to the IRS. People have tried that one. Guess who won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Assuming you make enough to actually pay income tax, why don't you simply point out to the IRS that the tax is 'voluntary' and you choose not to pay it next April 15th? Get back to us and let us know how that works out.
because the IRS forcefully imposes its will on the people makes their activities lawful?

a quick study would show that the supreme court conferred no new powers of taxation in the 16th amendment, because it is contradictory to the constitutional mandate that all direct taxes must be apportioned. i trust the constitution moreso than the IRS. the tax code doesn't even define income! if the taxman puts me in jail, then so be it. doesn't make him right, just powerful.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,633,601 times
Quote:
haha, how is that an analogy? we can deport illegals, we can go to the moon... OMG! we can deport illegals... to the moon!
you missin my point, son. When the US decides it wants to do something it finds a way to do it. Our president decided he wanted to go to Iraq (stupidly) he made it happen. Case in point.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,050,035 times
Quote:
because the IRS forcefully imposes its will on the people makes their activities lawful?

a quick study would show that the supreme court conferred no new powers of taxation in the 16th amendment, because it is contradictory to the constitutional mandate that all direct taxes must be apportioned. i trust the constitution moreso than the IRS. the tax code doesn't even define income! if the taxman puts me in jail, then so be it. doesn't make him right, just powerful.
ahhhhhhh the prisons are filled with people that think like that. ....I prefer to pay my share

Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
you missin my point, son. When the US decides it wants to do something it finds a way to do it. Our president decided he wanted to go to Iraq (stupidly) he made it happen. Case in point.
son? whatever you say, boy. go ahead and deport all the illegals. ill believe it plausible when i see it inacted.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ahhhhhhh the prisons are filled with people that think like that. ....I prefer to pay my share
does that mean theyre rightfully jailed? its coersion by threat of incarceration. very unconstitutional. whatever happened to courageous people standing up for truth and justice?

America: Freedom to Fascism - Director's Authorized Version
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration