U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
 
191 posts, read 654,155 times
Reputation: 76

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They need to take that up with their Mexican government.
Absolutely.

 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
Absolutely.
"dont argue for a better life in america. go home and get shot. problem solved."
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,722,939 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
point is, you are lucky to be here. rather than accept your fortune as just that, you choose to be selfish to the point of prejudiced exclusion, instead of being appreciative and compassionate. i hope you can sleep well knowing the kind of person you are.
I sleep just fine, thank you. I am willing to sacrifice a great deal more to save this country than you ever will be.
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I sleep just fine, thank you. I am willing to sacrifice a great deal more to save this country than you ever will be.
well seeing as how you dont know me, i can safely say you are making unfounded assumptions. big surprise. so tell me, great citizen, what have you sacrificed to "save" this country?
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
 
191 posts, read 654,155 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
point is, you are lucky to be here. rather than accept your fortune as just that, you choose to be selfish to the point of prejudiced exclusion, instead of being appreciative and compassionate. i hope you can sleep well knowing the kind of person you are.
The only thing she is excluding is immigrants that are here illegally, and thus, breaking our laws. You cannot judge what type of person she is. Not agreeing with your point of view doesn't make her selfish.

We are all very lucky to be here.

GHOST, feeling the compassion you do for these "poor illegals," how much time are you spending offering community services for this segment of the population? How much of your personal income have you donated to ease the plight of the illegal immigrant? Since you are so lucky to be here, how many illegal immigrants have you taken into your home?

It is really easy to be generous with "the government's" money and services. Bear in mind that these are American taxpayer dollars, and should be used first and foremost to take care of the true, legal Americans that reside in this country.
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
 
191 posts, read 654,155 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
"dont argue for a better life in america. go home and get shot. problem solved."
I beg your pardon. Exactly what are you quoting that from?
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,649,429 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you probably havent done anything extraordinary to "deserve" your american citizenship.
There is a little-known protection built into the US system of government that provides a remedy in cases like this. Anyone tormented by the thought that he/she doesn't deserve to live here is free to leave, and to seek a harsher, less free, more repressive society where they might be happier. No paperwork is required.

It's a freedom not shared by many of the world's people, who AREN'T free to leave, but Americans do enjoy this right. I must warn you, however, that when "push comes to shove", most "undeserving" Americans don't really go through with this. Few actually seek a new life in Bangladesh, or Saudi Arabia, or Uzbekhistan. When it comes right down to it, most of these folks decide to stay here in America, enjoying their high standard of living and their three meals a day, and are willing to live with the guilt this causes.

Good luck in your decision, whatever you decide.....
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
The only thing she is excluding is immigrants that are here illegally, and thus, breaking our laws. You cannot judge what type of person she is. Not agreeing with your point of view doesn't make her selfish.
she is excluding people. laws or no laws, they are PEOPLE.

Quote:
We are all very lucky to be here.
so why not share our good fortune?

Quote:
GHOST, feeling the compassion you do for these "poor illegals," how much time are you spending offering community services for this segment of the population? How much of your personal income have you donated to ease the plight of the illegal immigrant? Since you are so lucky to be here, how many illegal immigrants have you taken into your home?
i have taken no one into my home except my girlfriend. my place is 1 bedroom, and i really do not have room. i offer my community service and income through voting and my choice of spending. i get my groceries from the mom & pop chains, which happen to all be hispanic/arab owned in my area. i also tip generously, even when i get street tacos (which puts money directly in the pockets of the working class, who i support more than anyone). as a poor person myself, i have little financial means to level the playing field. but i do what i can. and i dont say that lightly. i have also educated myself on mexican culture, learned a fair deal of spanish, and have had almost all hispanic friends throughout my lifetime. is that good enough for you?

Quote:
It is really easy to be generous with "the government's" money and services. Bear in mind that these are American taxpayer dollars, and should be used first and foremost to take care of the true, legal Americans that reside in this country.

i contribute my share. i have a right to opine on how well the money is being allocated. tyvm.
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
I beg your pardon. Exactly what are you quoting that from?
it is no one's quote. sorry if you misinterpreted my post. basically i feel that yours and andreabath's idea that illegal immigrants from mexico should take it up with their government is tantamount to saying what i quoted. just seems like a ridiculous notion, from a humanitarian perspective.
 
Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
There is a little-known protection built into the US system of government that provides a remedy in cases like this. Anyone tormented by the thought that he/she doesn't deserve to live here is free to leave, and to seek a harsher, less free, more repressive society where they might be happier. No paperwork is required.

It's a freedom not shared by many of the world's people, who AREN'T free to leave, but Americans do enjoy this right. I must warn you, however, that when "push comes to shove", most "undeserving" Americans don't really go through with this. Few actually seek a new life in Bangladesh, or Saudi Arabia, or Uzbekhistan. When it comes right down to it, most of these folks decide to stay here in America, enjoying their high standard of living and their three meals a day, and are willing to live with the guilt this causes.

Good luck in your decision, whatever you decide.....
i agree with you. but if the undeserving refuse to leave, wouldnt it be hypocritical to point the finger and the "undeserving" and tell them theyre not allowed to stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top