Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yes. But it won't happen.

Generate $60M? Haven't heard that. I will say that the estimated costs are likely vastly understated (that's usual in MD).

No, the citizens have spoken in November.
I can't entirely remember what the figures exactly meant (or where I read them), but it was either going to cost the taxpayers $60 mill or generate that much for the Act recently passed.

I'm assuming it would be a moot point to overturn this as Obama will pass some sort of Dream Act on a national level yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:52 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I am from Maryland, from Baltimore County to be exact, and this out of all the referendums was the one I was most passionate about. I am disgusted and outraged by the arrogance of the illegal aliens who act like they DESERVE the Dream Act. They dserve NOTHING. They don't even have the right to be in our nation. They deserve NO rights and NO benefits. They are not Americans, do not deserve to be Americans, and don't even consider themselves Americans. They have a deep hatred and mockery of our country and of legal immigrants like my parents. If you are ILLEGAL, you are ILLEGAL.

Maryland is a very unbalanced state. The liberal elites in Montgomery County who are out of touch with the real America have too large of a percentage of the state electorate. There are also black racists in PG County and Baltimore City who voted for the Dream Act the same reason they voted for Obama....out of racial solidarity and to spite the "white man". Many ethnic racists voted in favor of illegal immigration in order to show their hatred anc contempt and seek revenge on mainstream America after listening to too many Jeremiah Wright and Obama type views.

I think illegals should not even have the right to attend college here. We should make life as difficult nd inconvenient as possible for illegals to encourage their self-deportation from America, the way they are self deporting from Arizona and Alabama!!!!! We need more laws like Carroll County's that stand up to illegal immigration and send them the message that this is our country and they are not welcome here.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:31 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I am from Maryland, from Baltimore County to be exact, and this out of all the referendums was the one I was most passionate about. I am disgusted and outraged by the arrogance of the illegal aliens who act like they DESERVE the Dream Act. They dserve NOTHING. They don't even have the right to be in our nation. They deserve NO rights and NO benefits. They are not Americans, do not deserve to be Americans, and don't even consider themselves Americans. They have a deep hatred and mockery of our country and of legal immigrants like my parents. If you are ILLEGAL, you are ILLEGAL.

Maryland is a very unbalanced state. The liberal elites in Montgomery County who are out of touch with the real America have too large of a percentage of the state electorate. There are also black racists in PG County and Baltimore City who voted for the Dream Act the same reason they voted for Obama....out of racial solidarity and to spite the "white man". Many ethnic racists voted in favor of illegal immigration in order to show their hatred anc contempt and seek revenge on mainstream America after listening to too many Jeremiah Wright and Obama type views.

I think illegals should not even have the right to attend college here. We should make life as difficult nd inconvenient as possible for illegals to encourage their self-deportation from America, the way they are self deporting from Arizona and Alabama!!!!! We need more laws like Carroll County's that stand up to illegal immigration and send them the message that this is our country and they are not welcome here.

I agree its totally disgusting.
I can't believe how our nation is being taken over. These people do not belong here. Its mostly hispanics supporting their own kind.

We need large supporters against illegal immigration & call them what they are illegal immigrants. I think it will take a crises similar to whats happening in Europe for more people to fully wake up.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Tom, while I agree with you for the most part, lets not turn this into a liberal vs conservative, republican vs democrat debate because the way I see it, both sides are guilty one way or the other and they are far too extreme (on both sides) to pay attention to this situation.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Tom, while I agree with you for the most part, lets not turn this into a liberal vs conservative, republican vs democrat debate because the way I see it, both sides are guilty one way or the other and they are far too extreme (on both sides) to pay attention to this situation.
Yes, both parties are complicit. But, make no mistake, liberal Democrats control Maryland. Sadly, they have been bought and paid for by the Hispanic lobby, most notably, CASA de Maryland and La Raza. They didn't even have enough integrity to call a spade a spade. Note how they conveniently omitted the words "DREAM Act" from the ballot referendum, and phrased it as if it was simply a measure to ensure in-state tuition for "residents" of MD. In fact, they only mentioned "undocumented" once. It was deception at its finest.

But, to answer your OP, it will not be repealed, because too many greedy, corrupt politicians are being paid to pander to Hispanic illegal aliens. Maryland politicians don't give a flying fig about their constituents. They legislate according to the demands of the highest bidder, which is currently Hispanic advocacy groups, and the pro-illegal union, SEIU.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, both parties are complicit. But, make no mistake, liberal Democrats control Maryland. Sadly, they have been bought and paid for by the Hispanic lobby, most notably, CASA de Maryland and La Raza. They didn't even have enough integrity to call a spade a spade. Note how they conveniently omitted the words "DREAM Act" from the ballot referendum, and phrased it as if it was simply a measure to ensure in-state tuition for "residents" of MD. In fact, they only mentioned "undocumented" once. It was deception at its finest.

But, to answer your OP, it will not be repealed, because too many greedy, corrupt politicians are being paid to pander to Hispanic illegal aliens. Maryland politicians don't give a flying fig about their constituents. They legislate according to the demands of the highest bidder, which is currently Hispanic advocacy groups, and the pro-illegal union, SEIU.
I'm aware, I mentioned that in the OP that it wasn't stated as the "DREAM Act". I guess the fact that I think both parties are responsible is even people like Rick Perry wants to administer entitlements for illegal immigrants.

I'm hoping there are more measures passed on going against illegal immigration (whether Obama likes it or not) and allowing ICE and the Fed to crack down on them. I also do wish that legal action can be taken against the state and CASA de Maryland and other supporting constituents. It's not fair for legal immigrants and US citizens.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:

They may have phrased it differently but nonetheless, the ballot referendum was pretty obvious what it was referring to. The only thing is proven is that most Marylanders don't have the slightest idea what they are voting for but that is their problem.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
They may have phrased it differently but nonetheless, the ballot referendum was pretty obvious what it was referring to. The only thing is proven is that most Marylanders don't have the slightest idea what they are voting for but that is their problem.
It was only obvious to those who knew about the DREAM Act. But, I agree. Many Marylanders were clueless, and had no idea what they were voting for. In addition, the Hispanic lobby and their lapdog politicians were very successful in portraying opposition to the "undocumented" as racism against "brown" people. No, it's more than "their problem," because their ignorance will cost Maryland taxpayers mega bucks.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

Maryland is a very unbalanced state. The liberal elites in Montgomery County who are out of touch with the real America have too large of a percentage of the state electorate.
There are also black racists in PG County and Baltimore City who voted for the Dream Act the same reason they voted for Obama....out of racial solidarity and to spite the "white man". Many ethnic racists voted in favor of illegal immigration in order to show their hatred anc contempt and seek revenge on mainstream America after listening to too many Jeremiah Wright and Obama type views.

Montgomery County is the largest county in the state so of course they have the most say. And no they are not out of touch with the real America, in fact just the opposite. Kids were brought here illegally when they were young, at no fault of their own, so why penelize them. Some so young that they feel they are Americans because they don't know any other life. The Dream Act allows them to pay in state tuition for college, nothing more.

Do you want them to live here uneducated I certainly don't. If you live in this state then you need to be educated and contribute. And I'm not talking about anyone else but the kids that the Dream Act affects.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Yes, both parties are complicit. But, make no mistake, liberal Democrats control Maryland. Sadly, they have been bought and paid for by the Hispanic lobby, most notably, CASA de Maryland and La Raza.
They didn't even have enough integrity to call a spade a spade. Note how they conveniently omitted the words "DREAM Act" from the ballot referendum, and phrased it as if it was simply a measure to ensure in-state tuition for "residents" of MD. In fact, they only mentioned "undocumented" once. It was deception at its finest.

No one was bought and paid for by the Hispanic lobby. The Dream Act was put on the ballot and the people voted. There was no deception. I don't know anyone who didn't know exactly what they were voting for. And how many times does the word "undocumented" need to be mentioned. I think once is sufficient otherwise you're saying people are stupid for not understanding because a word isn't repeated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration