U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
 
36,787 posts, read 16,362,663 times
Reputation: 9900

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If the Arizona Governor were serious about protecting her borders, she'd hire more state troopers.

Militias in Arizona thrive despite lack of authorizing law

Maybe if ranchers begin defending their property the feds might become more involved.
I don't how else Jan Brewer can prove she is serious about protecting the Arizona borders. She has implemented laws to detect illegal immigrants and she has even defied President Obama. Perhaps, it is a money issue why she hasn't hired more state troopers. At any rate I wouldn't assume anything if I were you. Ranchers have been defending their properties as best they can. When dealing with drug cartels it is a very dangerous situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I was just pondering last night that most of the militias/minutemen and their associated website are no longer in operation. Even in the article you can see the infighting between the individuals and groups. The Republicans in power in Arizona are the ones that killed the bill on their own.
The Republicans killed what bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
She is well within her rights to deploy the AZ National Guard to the border. What is she waiting for?

Bill Richardson deployed the NM National Guard as needed for border patrol. Why isn't Gov. Brewer as proactive?
She did use them for firefighting. Why not for this?
Why don't you ask her office instead of assuming?

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2012 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM
 
50,618 posts, read 26,709,379 times
Reputation: 15837
I live in a border county...about 18 miles from the border as the crow flies. About 28 miles by road. Most of those ranchers live in this county, and a few are friends of mine.

Arizona ranchers need to get over this idea that they're special. There are a lot of people in this state that have far worse problems to deal with regarding illegal immigration than they do. The drug smugglers are passing through this area, they STAY in the Tucson and Phoenix areas.

We're already inundated with Border Patrols around here. We have checkpoints everywhere. What do they want? Enough already....if they're so concerned, then they should stay armed when rolling around their ranches. Bob Krentz is the only rancher that i've known to have been killed down here, and there is still no hard evidence that illegals killed him. After all, Mexicans aren't the only people that run drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't how else Jan Brewer can prove she is serious about protecting the Arizona borders. She has implemented laws to detect illegal immigrants and she has even defied President Obama. Perhaps, it is a money issue why she hasn't hired more state troopers. At any rate I wouldn't assume anything if I were you. Ranchers have been defending their properties as best they can. When dealing with drug cartels it is a very dangerous situation.
Jan Brewer is an idiot...she has no clue.

No, she hasn't hired more troopers...she's hired sh*tloads of new D.O.T. officers to work in the commercial vehicle enforcement division. Yea...her administration has resorted to harassing truck drivers in order to get more revenue instead of concentrating on border issues.

The border issue for Brewer was always about politics, and thinking people in the state knew it all along. She wasn't even for SB 1070, which why she was delayed in signing it. She signed it to avoid a Tea Party challenge.

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2012 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: 2 posts merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM
 
36,787 posts, read 16,362,663 times
Reputation: 9900
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
All of your post pretty much attacks Obama, with nothing meaningful to add to this thread.

I'm thinking both parties love cheap labor, but republicans moreso, as they usually have always been against minimum wage increases, and just love their tax breaks and credits, as well as loopholes.

IMO, neither party has done very much to come up with comprehensive immigration legislation reforms. They keep going by the old book of laws and regulations which are somewhat outdated for this day and age.

I do believe that I read somewhere that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants for his time in office than any of the previous presidents have, and I've looked at other web pages for statistics on the matter, and they all seem to be in conflict with each other, who to believe is the question.

I plan on watching NBC tonight or whenever this program airs, so I can see what ranchers are contending with in Arizona.

I've heard in the past that the City of Nogales is a very dangerous place to reside. For that matter, El Paso has been shot at from across the border too.
I also blame both parties for this mess. However, the Democrats have another motive which is to pander to Hispanics for their votes. Why don't they question that group as to why they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws instead of just caving into to them in direct conflict with our immigration laws?

There is nothing outdated about our immigration laws. When you consider that there are 23 million Americans out of work you think it wise to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants? Your claim that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president has already been debunked in here many times. Do you also know that he implemented DACA for a possible 1.8 million illegal immigrants along with work permits? Do you also know that he has instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrants unless they are convicted felons? Obama gets no brownie points from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,892 posts, read 16,269,842 times
Reputation: 12805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why don't you ask her office instead of assuming?
What do you think I am "assuming?"

Am I "assuming" that Gov. Brewer has the power to deploy the AZ National Guard? No. That is an actual known fact.
Am I "assuming" that she deployed 90 of that body to fight the Monument Fire? No. Also an actual known fact.

Am I "assuming" that she has not deployed the AZ National Guard to patrol the AZ-Mexico border? Unless it is highly guarded secret, I don't think so.

So, if you know different please do enlighten us. Otherwise, don't "assume" you know what I do and do not know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
 
36,787 posts, read 16,362,663 times
Reputation: 9900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What do you think I am "assuming?"

Am I "assuming" that Gov. Brewer has the power to deploy the AZ National Guard? No. That is an actual known fact.
Am I "assuming" that she deployed 90 of that body to fight the Monument Fire? No. Also an actual known fact.

Am I "assuming" that she has not deployed the AZ National Guard to patrol the AZ-Mexico border? Unless it is highly guarded secret, I don't think so.

So, if you know different please do enlighten us. Otherwise, don't "assume" you know what I do and do not know.
I surmise that you are assuming that she is a phoney that doesn't really care about border security. Am I right? Again, if this is of great and suspicious concern of yours why don't you ask her instead of just wondering why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,989,227 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I also blame both parties for this mess. However, the Democrats have another motive which is to pander to Hispanics for their votes. Why don't they question that group as to why they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws instead of just caving into to them in direct conflict with our immigration laws?

There is nothing outdated about our immigration laws. When you consider that there are 23 million Americans out of work you think it wise to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants? Your claim that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president has already been debunked in here many times. Do you also know that he implemented DACA for a possible 1.8 million illegal immigrants along with work permits? Do you also know that he has instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrants unless they are convicted felons? Obama gets no brownie points from me.
You don't believe in a different path to legal immigration? Still stuck on the old beliefs? OK, that's your opinion, and I can respect that.

So, democrats only pander/pandered to illegal immigrants?
Mitt Romney would preserve President Obama

You know, maybe the GOP should soften their stance on many issues if they ever hope to have a chance in being elected in 2016.


Dream Act 2012 - Deferred Action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,242,600 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You don't believe in a different path to legal immigration? Still stuck on the old beliefs? OK, that's your opinion, and I can respect that.

So, democrats only pander/pandered to illegal immigrants?
Mitt Romney would preserve President Obama

You know, maybe the GOP should soften their stance on many issues if they ever hope to have a chance in being elected in 2016.


Dream Act 2012 - Deferred Action
What "different path" are you suggesting? Do you not realize we are already the most welcoming country in the world, admitting on average, 1 million LEGAL immigrants annually? In fact, we welcome more legal immigrants than all other countries combined. How much more generous should we be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,989,227 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What "different path" are you suggesting? Do you not realize we are already the most welcoming country in the world, admitting on average, 1 million LEGAL immigrants annually? In fact, we welcome more legal immigrants than all other countries combined. How much more generous should we be?
Since I'm not a legislator, I won't make my views of easier legal immigration public on a forum, but I do believe in reforms of old and outdated policies. Streamlining the process. I believe Obama is on the correct path to deny certain illegal immigrants a stay of any type, those with criminal backgrounds, and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM
 
36,787 posts, read 16,362,663 times
Reputation: 9900
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Jan Brewer is an idiot...she has no clue.

No, she hasn't hired more troopers...she's hired sh*tloads of new D.O.T. officers to work in the commercial vehicle enforcement division. Yea...her administration has resorted to harassing truck drivers in order to get more revenue instead of concentrating on border issues.

The border issue for Brewer was always about politics, and thinking people in the state knew it all along. She wasn't even for SB 1070, which why she was delayed in signing it. She signed it to avoid a Tea Party challenge.
Please provide proof of all of your assertions, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,242,600 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Since I'm not a legislator, I won't make my views of easier legal immigration public on a forum, but I do believe in reforms of old and outdated policies. Streamlining the process. I believe Obama is on the correct path to deny certain illegal immigrants a stay of any type, those with criminal backgrounds, and so forth.
You don't have to be a legislator to have an opinion. If you believe our immigration policies should be reformed, and are old and outdated, why can't you offer an explanation? I also believe we should streamline the process by cutting the red tape. But, that should not preclude the enforcement of our current laws.

I disagree with Obama on this issue. He wants to grant amnesty to all illegal aliens, with the exception of a few "violent" criminals. If I'm not mistaken, most of our prisons are populated by people who committed non-violent acts. Yet, he wants to give non-violent illegal aliens a free pass. How is that fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top