U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,256,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
What are the new comers to the thread thinking of the thread topic?
How do you think ranchers should handle the problem of illegals squatting on their lands?

If anyone has ever watched border wars on {NATGEO channel??}
Border Wars | National Geographic Channel

you would have noticed that when the coyotes abandon their illegals, and the illegals are caught by CBP agents, the first concern is the welfare of the people caught. These illegals are given food, snacks if hungry and given water if thirsty.

If an illegal female in the US becomes ill, needs hospital care for her/and newborn, hospitals very seldom turn these people away, as it is their first duty to provide medical care and services, they're required in some states by law not to refuse medical care to anyone, no matter if they can pay or not.

If some of the people using the forum would, please indicate how you would go about rounding up illegals and deporting them? {should America do what the nazis did in europe}

Yes, please do my homework for me, I rarely get out of my cave.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...-licenses.html
Quote:
How much money and manpower should be thrown to stop illegal immigration?
Obama orders 1,200 Guard troops to border - US news - Security | NBC News

If I recall correctly, before the presidential campaign, one conservative said all illegals should be rounded up and deported. I liken this type of rhetoric to what the nazis did in europe. I used the word nazi to give an example of how America would be perceived if the US were to round up illegals for deportation.

Bachmann Announces Plan to Deport Illegals

By removing incentives, you really mean denying medical care, changing laws to make it illegal to hire illegals {oh, wait, we already have that} denying any type of humanitarian assistance such as the EBT and other social programs that American citizens utilize. So, by taking away these incentives, America should allow them to starve to death, or die in the streets if they need emergency medical treatment, because after all, we didn't ask them to come here, right?

I wonder when people came here from Italy, Poland, Germany, Yugoslavia, and other countries during the wars if Americans in those days had the same opinion as you?

Did I ever, ever say enforcing our immigration laws was like nazism? NO. You'd better back up and read what I wrote. I stated rounding illegals up would be like the nazis did. Do border patrol agents or ICE go house to house beating down doors solely looking for illegals? NO. But if they did, what would people call it? I'd call it a form of nazism.
When it comes right down to it, if legislators ever, ever passed a law to deport all illegals, that in itself would be nazism. Because agents of the government would be going to last known addresses and door to door seeking out illegals to deport. Hitler rounded up anyone who were thought of to be jews, and sympathizers, in America's case, it would be rounding up anyone who looks foreign, or "without papers". Which would be no better than what Hitler's dictatorship did.
During WWI,

World War I and immigration - North American Immigration

Yeah, I read your link. <yawn> so, quite a few sates are opting to legislate news laws allowing illegals drivers licenses, so what? Illinois is one. Did you know a former secretary of state of Illinois was convicted of selling and making it easier for illegals to obtain operators licenses?
Illinois has long legacy of public corruption - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

States Revise Rules on Driver's Licenses for Illegal Immigrants as National ID Approaches | Fox News

I'd like illegals to be licensed, and they would probably be required to have auto insurance too, which is a biggie.
You continue to seek opinions. Yet, you have still not replied to my responses to your previous questions. You said you were too busy to respond at that time, which I can certainly understand. Then, you return without again responding to my post #46. Why should anyone respond to your questions, if you refuse to respond to theirs?

Do you want a serious debate? Or, is this just a game?

Quote:
I can't reply to yours, or everyone else's post because I'm supposed to be cooking dinner, and watching the dog, he just ate the couch, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM

16,023 posts, read 19,725,810 times
Frightening!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM

37,076 posts, read 16,438,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You continue to seek opinions. Yet, you have still not replied to my responses to your previous questions. You said you were too busy to respond at that time, which I can certainly understand. Then, you return without again responding to my post #46. Why should anyone respond to your questions, if you refuse to respond to theirs?

Do you want a serious debate? Or, is this just a game?
Odd, isn't it? There is more than one member in here that expects answers to their questions but refuses to answer most questions posed to them. Why not have the courage of your convictions? Those who won't admit or stand by them or explain them know they are on the wrong side of the fence on this issue, IMO.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 AM

8,353 posts, read 6,000,028 times
Quote:
Who will pay for their documentation, biometrics, photos, court costs, international background checks, medical screening, etc? Those procedures are rather costly, far more than the average illegal can afford. Or, are you suggesting U.S. taxpayers should foot the bill?
They, the illegal would.
Quote:
Sorry, but our current laws require ID thieves, frauds, and 1.tax evaders to receive more than a measly slap on the wrist. If caught, they are indicted and prosecuted at taxpayers' expense. 2. If convicted, they are incarcerated. Also, at taxpayers' expense. Again, they are not minor offenses. 3. Please explain why we should allow illegal aliens to commit those crimes with impunity, while citizens are punished. Or, should we have a two-tiered system of justice -- one for illegal aliens, another for citizens/legal immigrants? Furthermore, why should taxpayers bear this unnecessary financial burden? Moreover, why would we want to legalize known criminals? Don't we already have enough crooks?
1.Why isn't Mitt Romney or the Koch brothers, Bank CEO's, CFO's, Wall Street executives, in prison? {tax evasion}

2.Taxpayers pay for law enforcement, state, local and federal, we always have.

3.I really don't believe illegals are allowed to slide on identification credentials. But, some state agencies like state police, local police do not have authority to check credentials to see if a person is here legally or not. If an illegal is driving, has a accident, or is pulled over, and has no drivers license, they're in trouble. Other than that, about the only agency that is legally allowed to check a person's legal residence status would probably be CBP or ICE, except Arizona and some other states possibly. There is no uniformity across the United States. Federal law usually supersedes or trumps State and Local laws, which is why most of Arizona's anti-immigrant law was struck down by a court. Criminal? Do you mean to say that if I'm driving on a Arizona highway someday, am pulled over, and can't provide proof of my identity or that I'm a US citizen or not, that is CRIMINAL? If I give the cop a false ID and he/she doesn't know it's fake or that I'm using someone else's ID that's CRIMINAL? I think it's like a traffic ticket isn't it? Like a misdemeanor in some states? Am I supposed to carry a FEDERAL ID? Because even a birth certificate can't really positively identify someone. Where's the line drawn in the sand making some things which are unlawful a criminal act? Do we make these laws up as we go along? What exactly is a criminal offence? By your definition, it's anything. Is receiving a traffic citation for an offense a criminal act? or, just a misdemeanor?

Quote:

In other words, if an illegal alien manages to evade the law for 4 or more years, notwithstanding committing ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, robbery, rape, murder, you name it, as long as they were never caught and have no criminal record, they should be rewarded with a path to citizenship? How is that just? Should we also reward citizen criminals who possess similar abilities to avoid detection?
ID theft is usually a local, city/state matter. {fraud} If an illegal works for a company, they're supposed to be paying taxes, if not, fault the company for hiring them in the first place. If an illegal is finally caught, they should be able to retain their employment, and pay back for the err's of their ways, through fines imposed, and once that obligation is satisfied, they should be offered a way to stay, attending schooling at their expense.

Quote:
What part of "I am NOT anti-immigrant" are you having difficulty comprehending? For the LAST time, I oppose illegal immigration, not legal immigration. If you continue to ignore this, I can only surmise you are either willfully ignorant or compelled to follow a script.
I believe I'd already adressed this.
Quote:
Please see Oldglory's post #43. The notion that illegals are only doing the jobs "Americans won't do" has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. You obviously haven't researched this issue. Otherwise, you wouldn't post such nonsense. But, let me know if you need to see concrete evidence. I will gladly oblige.
Please see my post about this subject. Produce rotting in fields because of one state's new anti-immigration laws, lack of migrant workers. This hasn't been thoroughly debunked as you claim. If it were, we wouldn't have illegals performing menial labor tasks, and companies that hire illegals to because they'll work for a lower wage. I have already provided links to some corporations/companies who have hired illegals, who are more concerned with their profit margins than they are of hiring American citizens.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/28/bu...pagewanted=all

Palermos of Wisconsin hired illegals before asking them for citizenship credentials, now, after lawsuits were filed, Palermos want's the employees they hired to present documentation.
That's like closing the barn door after the horses ran out.

Quote:
I could be mistaken, but I do believe in Texas, ranchers may legally protect their property from trespassers, including using lethal force. In fact, I recall an incident in which a man shot and killed someone who was trespassing on his neighbor's property. He wasn't charged with a crime. So, I doubt they're between a rock and a hard place. However, I don't know if this is the case in New Mexico, Arizona, or California. But, the fact that illegals brazenly trespass, only exemplifies the ineptitude of DHS, and the vulnerability of our borders. If illiterate peasants can enter this country at will, imagine how easily sophisticated terrorist organizations can breach our border security. In fact, it must be child's play for them.
I really don't believe that in America that legally a person can be shot down by a property owner for a trespass. If that were the case, more ranchers would have open season on illegals.

Quote:
Listen to yourself. You are a proponent of so-called immigration reform (amnesty), which will include the enactment of new laws you wholeheartedly support as a viable solution. Yet, you just stated, "people will still find a way in." So, please explain what would be accomplished by granting another amnesty, if illegal immigration will continue unabated. You have unwittingly demonstrated why amnesty was not the answer in 1986, is not the answer now, and never will be.
I can tell you're really worried about illegals being terrorists, however, I don't believe illegal Mexican immigrants are terrorists. Yes, we can have a 20 foot fence built, and illegals will acquire a 21 foot ladder.

Quote:
The Mexico–United States border is an international border running from Imperial Beach, California, and Tijuana, Baja California, in the west to Matamoros, Tamaulipas, and Brownsville, Texas, in the east. The border, separating Mexico and the United States from each other, traverses a variety of terrains, ranging from major urban areas to inhospitable deserts. From the Gulf of Mexico, it follows the course of the Rio Grande (Río Bravo del Norte) to the border crossing at El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua; westward from that binational conurbation it crosses vast tracts of the Sonoran and Chihuahuan Desert, the Colorado River Delta, westward to the binational conurbation of San Diego and Tijuana before reaching the Pacific Ocean.

The border's total length is 3,169 km (1,969 mi), according to figures given by the International Boundary and Water Commission. It is the most frequently crossed international border in the world, with approximately 350 million people legally crossing per year.
We could throw money and more manpower at the problem of illegal immigration, just like we did with the war on drugs, which is a epic failure.
Yes, this is my GAME, as I have nothing better to do than waste my time typing one handed on City-Data, and I'm not kidding either, I have only one good hand.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
They, the illegal would.

1.Why isn't Mitt Romney or the Koch brothers, Bank CEO's, CFO's, Wall Street executives, in prison? {tax evasion}

3.I really don't believe illegals are allowed to slide on identification credentials. But, some state agencies like state police, local police do not have authority to check credentials to see if a person is here legally or not. If an illegal is driving, has a accident, or is pulled over, and has no drivers license, they're in trouble. Other than that, about the only agency that is legally allowed to check a person's legal residence status would probably be CBP or ICE, except Arizona and some other states possibly. There is no uniformity across the United States. Federal law usually supersedes or trumps State and Local laws, which is why most of Arizona's anti-immigrant law was struck down by a court. Criminal? Do you mean to say that if I'm driving on a Arizona highway someday, am pulled over, and can't provide proof of my identity or that I'm a US citizen or not, that is CRIMINAL? If I give the cop a false ID and he/she doesn't know it's fake or that I'm using someone else's ID that's CRIMINAL? I think it's like a traffic ticket isn't it? Like a misdemeanor in some states? Am I supposed to carry a FEDERAL ID? Because even a birth certificate can't really positively identify someone. Where's the line drawn in the sand making some things which are unlawful a criminal act? Do we make these laws up as we go along? What exactly is a criminal offence? By your definition, it's anything. Is receiving a traffic citation for an offense a criminal act? or, just a misdemeanor?

ID theft is usually a local, city/state matter. {fraud} If an illegal works for a company, they're supposed to be paying taxes, if not, fault the company for hiring them in the first place. If an illegal is finally caught, they should be able to retain their employment, and pay back for the err's of their ways, through fines imposed, and once that obligation is satisfied, they should be offered a way to stay, attending schooling at their expense.

I believe I'd already adressed this.
Please see my post about this subject. Produce rotting in fields because of one state's new anti-immigration laws, lack of migrant workers. This hasn't been thoroughly debunked as you claim. If it were, we wouldn't have illegals performing menial labor tasks, and companies that hire illegals to because they'll work for a lower wage. I have already provided links to some corporations/companies who have hired illegals, who are more concerned with their profit margins than they are of hiring American citizens.

Palermos of Wisconsin hired illegals before asking them for citizenship credentials, now, after lawsuits were filed, Palermos want's the employees they hired to present documentation.

I really don't believe that in America that legally a person can be shot down by a property owner for a trespass. If that were the case, more ranchers would have open season on illegals.

I can tell you're really worried about illegals being terrorists, however, I don't believe illegal Mexican immigrants are terrorists. Yes, we can have a 20 foot fence built, and illegals will acquire a 21 foot ladder.

We could throw money and more manpower at the problem of illegal immigration, just like we did with the war on drugs, which is a epic failure.
Yes, this is my GAME, as I have nothing better to do than waste my time typing one handed on City-Data, and I'm not kidding either, I have only one good hand.
I don't even know where to begin you are so misinformed, continuing to ask the same questions, still using the term anti-immigrant, continuing to make the same claims that have been debunked in other replies to you, going off topic, etc., etc., etc., etc. I give up.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,780,590 times
Quote:
They, the illegal would.
How would the illegal do it if they have no money?

Quote:
Because you must prove your hyperbole, and if you were able to prove that then you could turn them in and receive a reward from the IRS. But alas, we both know you have no proof and its nothing but YOUR OWS talking points.

Quote:
Duh!

Quote:
Do not fake ID's get them into jobs to work?Actually LE does have the ability to verify ones status (nationwide), once they are booked into jail. There is uniformity across the states, its simply whether the locals within the states choose to do so or not. Yes, if you give the Officer false ID and he later finds out about it, it is criminal, if he doesn't find out about it, well then you got away with a criminal act. A traffic ticket is a violation of vehicle code, a violation is but an infraction, not a criminal act (misdemeanor or felony). They are distinctly different.

Quote:
ID theft can be both a state and federal issue, depends on the circumstance. Applying for a job using forged/false/fake documents is a federal offense, not just a state offense. It's not usually the company that hires a person but another person that works usually in the HR department that hires. The company (Executives) usually don't have much to say in the matter (a point I brought up in my very first comment in this topic). Why should an illegal get to retain their position after having lied to the HR department to obtain the job to begin with? What of the persons ID documents the illegal stole, who or how is that person going to have their identity repaired, especially if the illegal obtained any credit using that stolen ID? Why shouldn't the illegal be jailed, since that is what our laws call for? Why should they be treated any different than if a citizen were to do the same thing? Why should they be offered a way to stay after they have already shown they will cheat and steal for their own gain?

Quote:
Produce rotting in the fields? So, one harvest had some produce rotting in the field due to a lack of illegal workers. Yet the farmers failed in obtaining the H2A visa they needed because they didn't want to be burdened, then you throw up a link to something about unions? OH, the irony there! You don't get to have it both ways........sorry.

What you have provided are links to illegals that were working for companies/corporations that the illegals were caught working at. In some cases the illegals supplied their own documents in other cases illegals were given documents by those of the same ethnicity working in the HR department. To claim they are more concerned about their "profit margins" is laughable since the "company" only needs to have copies of the documents used by the employee, as you state about LE, companies aren't in the business to identify illegals.

Quote:
So Palermos was under audit by the Feds and found that 89 employees needed further documentation as requested by the feds to prove they could legally work. Most of the 89 were fired due to being unable to produce more documentation than was required to begin with on the I-9 forms. What do you think would have happened had Palermos not followed the fed audit?

Quote:
Hezbollah Presence Growing in Mexico

Mexico Extradites Suspected Hezbollah Member | Fox News Latino

South Bay Man Arrested In Mexico Along With Members of Hezbollah « CBS San Francisco

Hezbollah in Mexico: New worry for U.S. neighbor | Times 247

Quote:

Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't even know where to begin you are so misinformed, continuing to ask the same questions, still using the term anti-immigrant, continuing to make the same claims that have been debunked in other replies to you, going off topic, etc., etc., etc., etc. I give up.
You attacked me for not replying to post #46, accused me of playing a game, so I replied, and you type more b*llsh*t. You have debunked nothing, yet you continue to argue with your right wing rhetoric talking points of how illegals take jobs away from Americans, and how by just not having proper credentials in the USA is CRIMINAL.

I typed alabama anti immigration law in the google search bar, and this is what came up:

Google

I am so glad you're finished, you are now on ignore.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How would the illegal do it if they have no money?

Because you must prove your hyperbole, and if you were able to prove that then you could turn them in and receive a reward from the IRS. But alas, we both know you have no proof and its nothing but YOUR OWS talking points.

Duh!

Do not fake ID's get them into jobs to work?Actually LE does have the ability to verify ones status (nationwide), once they are booked into jail. There is uniformity across the states, its simply whether the locals within the states choose to do so or not. Yes, if you give the Officer false ID and he later finds out about it, it is criminal, if he doesn't find out about it, well then you got away with a criminal act. A traffic ticket is a violation of vehicle code, a violation is but an infraction, not a criminal act (misdemeanor or felony). They are distinctly different.

ID theft can be both a state and federal issue, depends on the circumstance. Applying for a job using forged/false/fake documents is a federal offense, not just a state offense. It's not usually the company that hires a person but another person that works usually in the HR department that hires. The company (Executives) usually don't have much to say in the matter (a point I brought up in my very first comment in this topic). Why should an illegal get to retain their position after having lied to the HR department to obtain the job to begin with? What of the persons ID documents the illegal stole, who or how is that person going to have their identity repaired, especially if the illegal obtained any credit using that stolen ID? Why shouldn't the illegal be jailed, since that is what our laws call for? Why should they be treated any different than if a citizen were to do the same thing? Why should they be offered a way to stay after they have already shown they will cheat and steal for their own gain?

Produce rotting in the fields? So, one harvest had some produce rotting in the field due to a lack of illegal workers. Yet the farmers failed in obtaining the H2A visa they needed because they didn't want to be burdened, then you throw up a link to something about unions? OH, the irony there! You don't get to have it both ways........sorry.

What you have provided are links to illegals that were working for companies/corporations that the illegals were caught working at. In some cases the illegals supplied their own documents in other cases illegals were given documents by those of the same ethnicity working in the HR department. To claim they are more concerned about their "profit margins" is laughable since the "company" only needs to have copies of the documents used by the employee, as you state about LE, companies aren't in the business to identify illegals.

So Palermos was under audit by the Feds and found that 89 employees needed further documentation as requested by the feds to prove they could legally work. Most of the 89 were fired due to being unable to produce more documentation than was required to begin with on the I-9 forms. What do you think would have happened had Palermos not followed the fed audit?

Hezbollah Presence Growing in Mexico

Mexico Extradites Suspected Hezbollah Member | Fox News Latino

South Bay Man Arrested In Mexico Along With Members of Hezbollah « CBS San Francisco

Hezbollah in Mexico: New worry for U.S. neighbor | Times 247

Sheesh.
Quote:
If employment is to be for less than the usual three days allowed for completing the I-9 Form requirement, the form must be completed immediately at the time of hire.9
The palermos employees worked for palermos longer than 3 days.
Maybe they're unfamiliar with the unlawful hire of illegals, maybe they figured they didn't need to have I9's filled out and filed?
The Law Against Hiring or Harboring Illegal Aliens (1999)

Palermos knowingly violated federal law.

Part of the irony is that the chicken and ground beef and steaks you eat were probably processed by illegals. How could you!

Feds crackdown on companies that hire illegal immigrants - NorthJersey.com

Audits of businesses for illegal immigrants rising - Business - The Boston Globe

Companies pay millions for hiring illegal immigrants - Houston Chronicle

U.S. Expands Crackdown on Firms Hiring Illegal Immigrants - WSJ.com

Quote:
Audits last year ensnared the fast-growing burrito chain Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., CMG +2.39% which in recent months was forced to dismiss hundreds of illegal workers in Minnesota. An ongoing investigation of 60 Chipotle restaurants in Virginia and Washington, D.C., will likely force the company to shed more workers, according to immigration authorities.
Better watch out for those terrorists coming in though Mexico.

You people can't have it both ways either. We either have a illegal immigrant problem with taking jobs away from Americans, or we don't.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,780,590 times
Quote:
Sheesh.

The palermos employees worked for palermos longer than 3 days.
Maybe they're unfamiliar with the unlawful hire of illegals, maybe they figured they didn't need to have I9's filled out and filed?
The Law Against Hiring or Harboring Illegal Aliens (1999)

Palermos knowingly violated federal law.

Part of the irony is that the chicken and ground beef and steaks you eat were probably processed by illegals. How could you!

Feds crackdown on companies that hire illegal immigrants - North Jersey.com

Audits of businesses for illegal immigrants rising - Business - The Boston Globe

Companies pay millions for hiring illegal immigrants - Houston Chronicle

U.S. Expands Crackdown on Firms Hiring Illegal Immigrants - WSJ.com

Better watch out for those terrorists coming in though Mexico.

You people can't have it both ways either. We either have a illegal immigrant problem with taking jobs away from Americans, or we don't.
Do you even know what an I-9 is? If the illegals were working they had an I-9 filled out (by the HR Department using documents supplied by the prospective employee - fake/forged/stolen) to the company. How else would there have been a Federal Audit of its employees? With that audit suspecting 89 employees? How did Palermos "knowingly" violate federal law?
Quote:
Defining knowledge this broadly makes it impossible for Palermo’s Pizza to not know they had 89 (later determined to be 87) unauthorized workers at their plant. It’s a problem because once you’ve gained knowledge that identifies employees as unauthorized to work, no letter suspending an audit can make a company un-gain that knowledge. To do so would put the company at risk for escalating civil and criminal charges.
You do realize your links tell you who in the company was arrested: Company Managers! (i.e. HR department managers) not company owners or CEO's.

Yes we do have a illegal immigrant problem with taking jobs away from Americans.

You really should read more than the mere headline of your links.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-01-2013 at 11:03 AM..

Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You attacked me for not replying to post #46, accused me of playing a game, so I replied, and you type more b*llsh*t. You have debunked nothing, yet you continue to argue with your right wing rhetoric talking points of how illegals take jobs away from Americans, and how by just not having proper credentials in the USA is CRIMINAL.

I typed alabama anti immigration law in the google search bar, and this is what came up:

Google

I am so glad you're finished, you are now on ignore.
Wrong! Benicar's post was #46, not mine, and it was she that accused you of playing a game, not me. Several people in this forum have debunked your claims including me. Right wing rhetoric? What has right or left wing have to do with the facts about illegal immigration? Alabama had no anti-immigration laws (you still continue to blur the lines between legal and illegal). They had anti-ILLEGAL immigration laws. You still don't know the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or