U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,968,053 times
Reputation: 2279

Advertisements

Where’s Jan Brewer?


Faced with gun-toting drug smugglers, Arizona ranchers demand security at the border - The Daily Nightly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748
We are told that it is the feds job to enforce immigration laws and guard our borders from intruders. Everything Brewer has tried to do has been met with objection from the federal government and illegal immigrant advocacy groups.

Until our government pulls out all the stops at protecting our borders this crap will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
Reputation: 27564
Texas tried that already and lost. So they told their ranchers near the border to ride armed when they ride their ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,342,927 times
Reputation: 2200
Yet Obama wants to leave Americans defenseless by attacking our gun rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,968,053 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We are told that it is the feds job to enforce immigration laws and guard our borders from intruders. Everything Brewer has tried to do has been met with objection from the federal government and illegal immigrant advocacy groups.

Until our government pulls out all the stops at protecting our borders this crap will continue.
If the Arizona Governor were serious about protecting her borders, she'd hire more state troopers.

Militias in Arizona thrive despite lack of authorizing law

Maybe if ranchers begin defending their property the feds might become more involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
Reputation: 22275
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If the Arizona Governor were serious about protecting her borders, she'd hire more state troopers.

Militias in Arizona thrive despite lack of authorizing law

Maybe if ranchers begin defending their property the feds might become more involved.
Obama and your side craves the ultra cheap labor and easy votes far too much --- no matter that millions of Americans are on indefinite unemployment handouts -- Obama is doing all he can to encourage foreigners to come here illegally and work for dirt wages to bring down the wages of Americans. Obama has shown great displeasure with Brewer for wanting federal laws enforced.

Obama is nothing but puppet of the cheap labor lobby -- you know it, we know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,150,448 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If the Arizona Governor were serious about protecting her borders, she'd hire more state troopers.

Militias in Arizona thrive despite lack of authorizing law

Maybe if ranchers begin defending their property the feds might become more involved.
I was just pondering last night that most of the militias/minutemen and their associated website are no longer in operation. Even in the article you can see the infighting between the individuals and groups. The Republicans in power in Arizona are the ones that killed the bill on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,700 posts, read 16,180,953 times
Reputation: 12700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We are told that it is the feds job to enforce immigration laws and guard our borders from intruders. Everything Brewer has tried to do has been met with objection from the federal government and illegal immigrant advocacy groups.

Until our government pulls out all the stops at protecting our borders this crap will continue.
She is well within her rights to deploy the AZ National Guard to the border. What is she waiting for?

Bill Richardson deployed the NM National Guard as needed for border patrol. Why isn't Gov. Brewer as proactive?
She did use them for firefighting. Why not for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,968,053 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama and your side craves the ultra cheap labor and easy votes far too much --- no matter that millions of Americans are on indefinite unemployment handouts -- Obama is doing all he can to encourage foreigners to come here illegally and work for dirt wages to bring down the wages of Americans. Obama has shown great displeasure with Brewer for wanting federal laws enforced.

Obama is nothing but puppet of the cheap labor lobby -- you know it, we know it.
All of your post pretty much attacks Obama, with nothing meaningful to add to this thread.

I'm thinking both parties love cheap labor, but republicans moreso, as they usually have always been against minimum wage increases, and just love their tax breaks and credits, as well as loopholes.

IMO, neither party has done very much to come up with comprehensive immigration legislation reforms. They keep going by the old book of laws and regulations which are somewhat outdated for this day and age.

I do believe that I read somewhere that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants for his time in office than any of the previous presidents have, and I've looked at other web pages for statistics on the matter, and they all seem to be in conflict with each other, who to believe is the question.

I plan on watching NBC tonight or whenever this program airs, so I can see what ranchers are contending with in Arizona.

I've heard in the past that the City of Nogales is a very dangerous place to reside. For that matter, El Paso has been shot at from across the border too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,968,053 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I was just pondering last night that most of the militias/minutemen and their associated website are no longer in operation. Even in the article you can see the infighting between the individuals and groups. The Republicans in power in Arizona are the ones that killed the bill on their own.
While these militias are probably basically disorganized, there are more than likely a few in the weeds so to speak, and are un-officially recognized by law enforcement or border patrol agents.

The use of firearms to stop illegals is probably unlawful, using firearms to protect a person's life probably is acceptable though. If illegals are trespassing on someone's property, the property owner/s just can't shoot someone for merely passing through. I would imagine that in a dire life or death matter a US citizen can defend themselves.

In the article, the range owners have the right idea of letting CBP know there are trespassers on his property, rather than taking matters into his own hands.

I plan to watch the NBC program. I've watched Discovery Channel's series of the Border Patrol in the past. This should be interesting to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top