Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,916,193 times

Advertisements

Boo Hoo. Guys been here 21 years and never took the time to become a citizen.

"I am not here legally," he admits. "The reason I came here is to give a better life to my family. They mean everything. My wife and my kids, they mean everything for me." Salvador is from Mexico. He came to Indiana 21 years ago, and his story is very common.
There are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants currently living the United States. Many, like Salvador, have started families here, work here, pay taxes here.
"I pay taxes like every other citizen. Paying taxes is not something you choose to do. It's something you have to do in this country, and I teach my children we have to respect the rules and we have to respect this country," said the plumber."

Yes you surely respect the rules by being here ILLEGALLY. Good role model. Maybe he should talk to his chums who keep stealing our tax money.

Illegal immigrants say tax credits are needed - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 AM

62,382 posts, read 28,666,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

"I am not here legally," he admits. "The reason I came here is to give a better life to my family. They mean everything. My wife and my kids, they mean everything for me." Salvador is from Mexico. He came to Indiana 21 years ago, and his story is very common.
There are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants currently living the United States. Many, like Salvador, have started families here, work here, pay taxes here.
"I pay taxes like every other citizen. Paying taxes is not something you choose to do. It's something you have to do in this country, and I teach my children we have to respect the rules and we have to respect this country," said the plumber."

Yes you surely respect the rules by being here ILLEGALLY. Good role model. Maybe he should talk to his chums who keep stealing our tax money.

Well Salvador, while you were busy making a better life for your family while breaking the law to do so you have caused American families to suffer because that job you are holding could have been one an American could have held to feed his family and Americans have been footing the bill for you and your families social costs all these years. But you come first, right? The American family be damned!

Yeah, your family is surely learning respect for our laws since you have set such a good example at doing so.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,634,269 times
Quote:

I never believe this statement.

If they come for a better life they would do it through legal means. A better life is not a life a crime. They are the same as drug dealers & bank robbers. They all want better lives but choose to not obey the law.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
His family obviously doesn't mean enough to him to go by the rules. He's a liar.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,129,731 times
Quote:

I think im going to puke. Why hasn't this as-hole been deported ? I'll just bet he pays taxes.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,165,992 times
Someone needs to write their congressman and complain that the illegals rights have been violated....Its not right.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I think im going to puke. Why hasn't this as-hole been deported ? I'll just bet he pays taxes.
He doesn't pay taxes -- he already knows he gets refunds for all those kids he has, he isn't stupid enough to declare 1 exemption, he can declare as many exemptions as he likes in order to have no FICA taxes withheld. This is well-known among the illegals who steal social security numbers to take good paying jobs Americans would want. Declare 8 exemptions on the W-4 and no FICA is withheld.

What this whiner is complaining about is that he can't get the child tax credits and EITC refund because he's here illegally and obviously commintting felony document fraud.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,823,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I never believe this statement.

If they come for a better life they would do it through legal means. A better life is not a life a crime. They are the same as drug dealers & bank robbers. They all want better lives but choose to not obey the law.
Agreed and whine when caught. Sheesh!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,754,719 times
Quote:
Salvador says the Internal Revenue Service should punish people who are abusing the system -- but not families like his, which are following rules established by the IRS
Yeah, they're "special".

Illegals follow the rules? First rule: don't enter a country illegally and then expect special treatment.

Under what status does he pay taxes? He doesn't have a SS number, no mention of an ITIN number. Oh, wait, he does have a SS number. It belongs to John Smith.

Quote:
Salvador says that child credit tax money helps him pay for his kids' food and clothing, and to pay for his mortgage.
How does he get a bank loan when he isn't legal? Doesn't anyone question that? If it was questioned he would probably have to provide all the forged documents he used to get the loan.

Citizens are stuggling to provide for their kids and keep the roof over their heads and the government doesn't think that they are "special". He probably has a house back home that's paid for and furnished for when he "retires".

Once again an illegal who thinks he is being denied his undocumented American rights.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,137,120 times
People, these are "undocumented Americans" with rights and entitlements and no fear of deportation.
And their home country is quick to back them up when a US state passes a law that would impact them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration