Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You're drunk in your anonymity here at City-Data, with comments beyond the pale. Proposing war by the United States against an entire non-hostile nation means it is no longer about illegal immigration for you. My family and millions of other Mexicans have not done any harm to you or any other person in this country.

I'm surprised that anyone would post a supporting comment on your remarks, not the condemnation it deserves. However, I think we need to have a much wider viewership of what you have said. Thank You fohr the captured image that I will retain long after we hear the snap of Yac taking care of some business here.
And yet here we are, 51 post's later, still waiting, and waiting, and----

To say Mexico is a non-hostile nation is ridicilous at best. Any country that has a "patron saint of the
drug lord's" must have a really dark side. How many dead in those "non-hostile" drug wars last year ?

I better quit now, because ,I think I hear Yac snapping up those other 50 posters.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There's a huge difference between foreigners entering this country with inspection and permission, and those who sneak across our borders like thieves in the night. The former are invited, while the latter are invaders.

I do believe members of the National Guard have fought in wars. They have also protected our borders. Do you consider their presence at our borders an act of war against Mexico?
There's also been Navy Seabees building on the border fence. The National Guard numbers have been reduced to 300 for 2012, and it is unknown if they will be extended further. Based on current apprehensions, that is a cost of over $6,000 per arrest for the Department of Defense.

I think that current level isn't even necessarily a "militarized" border. The military tasked in the effort are mostly for surveillance, and adequate for the number of Border Patrol agents now on duty. Of course I don't think more are needed (with apprehension levels at a thirty-year low), nor anything like a "war".

Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
when u let people walk all over u, if you stand up and say anything, they think there is something wrong with you. thank u john mccain.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
There's also been Navy Seabees building on the border fence. The National Guard numbers have been reduced to 300 for 2012, and it is unknown if they will be extended further. Based on current apprehensions, that is a cost of over $6,000 per arrest for the Department of Defense.

I think that current level isn't even necessarily a "militarized" border. The military tasked in the effort are mostly for surveillance, and adequate for the number of Border Patrol agents now on duty. Of course I don't think more are needed (with apprehension levels at a thirty-year low), nor anything like a "war".
Still waiting for answers to my questions...........

Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
And yet here we are, 51 post's later, still waiting, and waiting, and----

To say Mexico is a non-hostile nation is ridicilous at best. Any country that has a "patron saint of the
drug lord's" must have a really dark side. How many dead in those "non-hostile" drug wars last year ?

I better quit now, because ,I think I hear Yac snapping up those other 50 posters.
You trivialize the religious principles and politics of millions of Mexicans. If there is any national icon for Mexicans, it is rather the Our Lady of Guadalupe. It is America with the drug addiction problem, which causes the violence in Mexico.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:54 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
You trivialize the religious principles and politics of millions of Mexicans. If there is any national icon for Mexicans, it is rather the Our Lady of Guadalupe. It is America with the drug addiction problem, which causes the violence in Mexico.
Of course Mexicans are "forced" to become drug lords and cartels because of that, right? FYI, there are Mexicans hooked on drugs also.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course Mexicans are "forced" to become drug lords and cartels because of that, right? FYI, there are Mexicans hooked on drugs also.
The comparable addiction levels would really surprise you, of course we've seen how you respond to actually statistics (teen pregnancy is also low compared to the U.S.). But this really isn't about that, is it? You guys are disingenuous and bringing up other issues even yourself to define this "invasion" outside the boundaries of just illegal immigration.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:

The fact remains, our National Guard has been deployed to combat zones as well as our border. So, having the "military" on our border does not constitute waging war against Mexico.

I disagree. The only way we will stop the flow of illegal aliens, including barbaric Mexican drug traffickers and terrorists, is to militarize our border with Mexico. We have our military protecting the borders in foreign countries, while our own borders are porous. It makes no sense, and IMO, it's a national disgrace.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Yes, America has a drug problem. But, you can't have drug addictions without drugs.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 AM

215 posts, read 182,308 times
Quote:

Translation: let every third world South American and Mexican come to this country any time.

Quote:
It is America with the drug addiction problem, which causes the violence in Mexico.
Blaming America again here for situations in the dump Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration