Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

Condolences to my Governor...

I bring it up here for her stance (some would say "one-horse") during her campaign and afterwards to end New Mexico driver's licenses for "illegals"...

(Note that New Mexico still has that policy in effect, no matter some three attempts from her to change it)

And this:

Quote:
During her campaign for governor, through last year, that side of the governor's family received some scrutiny. Some speculated that Jake Martinez's [Suzanna Martinez's father] father had entered the U.S. illegally, until the Associated Press located documents to prove he was legally admitted to America and eventually became a citizen.

Jake (the youngest of both of his parent's children) and his siblings were all born in Texas, while his parents (Adolfo Rodriguez Martinez and Francisca Ortega Martinez) were still in "alien" status...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Condolences to my Governor...

I bring it up here for her stance (some would say "one-horse") during her campaign and afterwards to end New Mexico driver's licenses for "illegals"...

(Note that New Mexico still has that policy in effect, no matter some three attempts from her to change it)

And this:

Jake (the youngest of both of his parent's children) and his siblings were all born in Texas, while his parents (Adolfo Rodriguez Martinez and Francisca Ortega Martinez) were still in "alien" status...
What do you mean by "alien" status? One can be a legal resident alien or an illegal alien.

No surprise that New Mexico allows illegal immigrants to have driver's licenses. New Mexico is saturated with Hispanics.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What do you mean by "alien" status? One can be a legal resident alien or an illegal alien...
For that time (Adolfo marked himself as "alien" until at least the 1940 Federal Census, and was working as a taxi driver in El Paso) you had to have applied for "papers" of your intent to naturalize...

I've got quite a few of the documents here...

Quote:
...No surprise that New Mexico allows illegal immigrants to have driver's licenses. New Mexico is saturated with Hispanics.
Meaning?...

Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
For that time (Adolfo marked himself as "alien" until at least the 1940 Federal Census, and was working as a taxi driver in El Paso) you had to have applied for "papers" of your intent to naturalize...

Meaning?...
Its being invaded by many illegals.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Meaning?...
1940? Are you kidding? How on earth is his death an illegal immigration topic simply because his daughter opposed driver's licenses for illegal aliens?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

Meaning?...
Meaning that many state and local governments are pandering to Hispanics both legal and illegal especially when there a is high concentration of them in their areas.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Meaning that many state and local governments are pandering to Hispanics both legal and illegal especially when there a is high concentration of them in their areas.
The highest concentration of illegal aliens is probably seasonally in Hatch (of chile fame), which was in Representative Andy Nunez's district. He was the one that sponsored the bill to change the driver's license policy. That irony, coupled with Governor Martinez throwing a wrench into the partnership for him being an Independent, compounds in that he then lost the election:

Quote:
“I’m surprised and I’m pissed,” Rep. Nuñez told Capitol Report New Mexico Friday (Oct. 26). “That’s not right,” Nuñez said of the mailer distributed by Reform New Mexico Now. “If anyone helped her out in the last two years, it was me.”

Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
What does this have to do with illegal immigration, and why should anyone outside of this woman's family care that her father is dead?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Do you know anything, even the least little thing, about New Mexico?

Condolences to the Governor.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
This topic has nothing to do with illegal immigration as others have stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration