U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,250,373 times

Advertisements

Do you remember the leaked DHS memo in 2010 outlining how Obama would implement amnesty without involvement from Congress? The Obama administration denied its veracity, and pro-illegals attacked it as anti-immigrant propaganda, believed only by the tinfoil crowd.

Quote:
Hoping to quiet the noise, the Obama administration noted early on that the memo in discussion has no date on it, is an internal draft without an official sign-off and goes against the grain of actual administration policy -- there have been after all, a record number of removals of undocumented immigrants under the Obama administration.

If the White House is secretly planning to legalize a large class of people in the absence of Congressional action, logic dictates that they would have done it by now.

As one aide told the Huffington Post, the president has, on several occasions, told grassroots groups lobbying the White House that his obligation is to enforce federal laws and not use executive powers to grant de facto relief.

'Smoking Gun Amnesty Memo' Prompts GOP To Demand Hearings

A few comments from pro-illegals. . .

Quote:
Republicans manufacturing fear and deceit with lies???? Color me surprised!!! lol
Quote:
And, like the report on right wing extremist security threats, maybe this memo was a left over from the Bush years.
Quote:
Another lie thrown out there by the repubs. Waiting to see the sheeple take the bait.
Quote:
Anything to fabricate controversy and inflame passions before the November elections.
Quote:
Where does grassly get off leaking this memo and presenting it out of context?

The following are excerpts from the "fabricated" memo. Does any of it ring a bell?

Quote:
This memorandum offers administrative relief options to promote family unity, foster economic growth, achieve significant process improvements and reduce the threat of removal for certain individuals present in the United Slates without authorization. It includes recommendations regarding implementation timeframes and required resources.
Quote:
Other individuals/groups amenable to PIP include applicants for admission who entered the U.S. as minors without inspection, and whose return to their home country for consular processing would impose an extreme hardship on qualified family members.
Quote:
To increase the number of individuals applying for waivers, and improve their chances for receiving them, CIS could issue guidance or a regulation specifying a lower evidentiary standard for "extreme hardships" would promote family unity, and avoid the significant human
and financial costs associated with waiver denial decisions born of an overly rigid standard.
Quote:
2-year EADs - Issue Employment Authorization Cards valid for 2 years in wider circumstances.
Quote:
Rather than making deferred action widely available to hundreds of thousands and as a non-legislative version of "amnesty", USCIS could tailor the use of this discretionary option for particular groups such as individuals who would be eligible for relief under the DREAM Act (an estimated 50,000), or under section 249 of the Act (Registry), who have resided in the U.S. since
http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politic...ion-reform.pdf

Very interesting related report. . .

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/Obama_Record_072312.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM

36,981 posts, read 16,409,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you remember the leaked DHS memo in 2010 outlining how Obama would implement amnesty without involvement from Congress? The Obama administration denied its veracity, and pro-illegals attacked it as anti-immigrant propaganda, believed only by the tinfoil crowd.

'Smoking Gun Amnesty Memo' Prompts GOP To Demand Hearings

A few comments from pro-illegals. . .

The following are excerpts from the "fabricated" memo. Does any of it ring a bell?

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politic...ion-reform.pdf

Very interesting related report. . .

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/Obama_Record_072312.pdf
So why didn't the hearings occur or did I miss something? Now that the election is over and Obama is continuing with his piece meal amesty without congresses approval will the GOP rise up and object and take action on it? If not, I'd sure like to know why.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So why didn't the hearings occur or did I miss something? Now that the election is over and Obama is continuing with his piece meal amesty without congresses approval will the GOP rise up and object and take action on it? If not, I'd sure like to know why.
I don't expect the GOP to do anything now that they're in hot pursuit of the Hispanic vote. Only the citizens can make a difference. But sadly, far too many are afraid of being labeled a racist to take a stand. Hopefully, they'll at least burn up the switchboards and write to let those panderers feel their outrage.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM

24,000 posts, read 32,852,547 times
I'm about ready to give up on the US; the government has proven time and time again that it has NO interest in the concerns of the average working American and is actively working to screw over the 99%.

This 99%-er e-mailed HR today about a transfer to Toronto.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,556,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm about ready to give up on the US; the government has proven time and time again that it has NO interest in the concerns of the average working American and is actively working to screw over the 99%.

I hope you get what you wish for.

I went Galt myself..retired and bought a ranch.
No debt so I need little income which won't be taxed.

Canada may be the best bet if you are young.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:

I can't say I blame you. It's only a matter of time before the U.S. becomes a replica of Mexico.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM

36,981 posts, read 16,409,787 times
Quote:

Good for you! If I weren't a senior I would do the same thing. I don't want to go down with this sinking ship and glad you are escaping it.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,019,645 times
Or things could go read bad the OTHER way like "Jim Crow" bad or at least "No Irish Need Apply" for many Hispanics in the US. Things go in cycles and right now it's def "Ok" to bash "libs".

Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,367,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can't say I blame you. It's only a matter of time before the U.S. becomes a replica of Mexico.
I doubt Americans will let there country go Mexicans.

It would be war.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 PM

47,573 posts, read 60,673,444 times
Obama and the Mexican president really are making laws for the USA -- in spite of the oath of office that Obama took to uphold the laws of this country, he's bypassing the Constitution and balance of powers that gives Congress the power to enact laws, not the president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration