U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,348,411 times
Reputation: 2200

Advertisements

The problem is not reforming the system. Obama wants an open border as he has been unwilling to deport any illegal unless its a violent crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,222,944 times
Reputation: 3029
Of course the "new" laws won't be enforced. This is exactly what we've been saying. Heck, our sorry government can't even track government-issued tourist visas, or illegals scheduled for deportation. Why on earth should we trust them with this? Not to mention, we simply don't have the resources to amnesty 20 or 30+ million people. After all, we are already robbing Peter to pay Paul. It will be a repeat of 1986, only on a far greater scale, with historic devastation. It will also be impossible to recover from the illegal tsunami another amnesty will create. Is this actually the legacy Obama wants, or does he even care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,153,610 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course the "new" laws won't be enforced. This is exactly what we've been saying. Heck, our sorry government can't even track government-issued tourist visas, or illegals scheduled for deportation. Why on earth should we trust them with this? Not to mention, we simply don't have the resources to amnesty 20 or 30+ million people. After all, we are already robbing Peter to pay Paul. It will be a repeat of 1986, only on a far greater scale, with historic devastation. It will also be impossible to recover from the illegal tsunami another amnesty will create. Is this actually the legacy Obama wants, or does he even care?
How was the economy after 1986? Several years proceeding it we had high unemployment numbers, and heavy inflation. What can be sourced from that example to show any effects it had on the economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,222,944 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How was the economy after 1986? Several years proceeding it we had high unemployment numbers, and heavy inflation. What can be sourced from that example to show any effects it had on the economy?
Did we have 12, 20, 30+ million or more living here illegally in 1986? Did we have untold millions of illegals fleecing taxpayers? Were our schools overcrowded due to illegal immigration? Were our hospitals being closed? Had they produced over 4 million babies prior to that amnesty? Was every state in this country overrun by illegal aliens? You are comparing apples to light bulbs if you're actually trying to judge this amnesty by the last. As I said, this will be FAR worse.

You want a source? Just look at the current result -- MASSIVE, unprecedented illegal immigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,526,045 times
Reputation: 22276
Obama took an oath of office where he pledged to uphold the laws of this country and he's done absolutely nothing to see they are enforced and is in fact encouraging millions of foreigners to break the laws of this country, promising them huge rewards if they will only do so. Of course he's not the only president that has done so --- lately they are all puppets of the cheap labor globalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,526,045 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How was the economy after 1986? Several years proceeding it we had high unemployment numbers, and heavy inflation. What can be sourced from that example to show any effects it had on the economy?
Or compare our economy with that of Mexico. Mexico's middle class is growing, ours is in fast decline. Mexico has no welfare recipients, our welfare class is fast increasing. Mexico is definitely benefitting by the loss of it's most uneducated and unskilled leaving for good and becoming our problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,362,914 times
Reputation: 27564
Legal permanent residents can apply for public programs including healthcare.

Does this mean they will also be mandated to get health insurance ?

Immigrants and Public Benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,526,045 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Legal permanent residents can apply for public programs including healthcare.

Does this mean they will also be mandated to get health insurance ?

Immigrants and Public Benefits
Most would qualify for free Medicaid, just as they do now. For their retirement, they'll just have to pay in a few years and retire with a nice big social security check or they'll be given nice disability checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,153,610 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most would qualify for free Medicaid, just as they do now. For their retirement, they'll just have to pay in a few years and retire with a nice big social security check or they'll be given nice disability checks.
"Nice" that you minimize 40 quarters of work and payments into Social Security to get a relative level of benefits...

You're in full spin mode...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM
 
92 posts, read 76,387 times
Reputation: 62
Yeah I seroously doubt he'll actually make a push to start enforcing immigration. But republican get's in office in 2016 I don't think they'd magically start enforcing the laws either. The most we ca do is just sit back and watch as we get another mass wave of illegal aliens. Maybe it'll be Hatians this time because according to Hilary and Obama they're not welcome here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top