Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
We never got a SS card in the mail for my latest grandbaby and the daughter needed at least her number so she could be put on her medical. Went and got a certified copy of BC (why they don't issue original BC at birth now is beyond me, but anyway) and went off to SS dept to get a card.

Only to be told that due to the high amount of fraud relating to people (illegals? probably) getting SSC a certifed copy of a BC showing the mother's name and the mother sitting right there WITH valid state issued photo ID was "insufficient identification"!!!

WTH is this country coming to? Plus the general tone and attitude of the SS worker was, tbh, pretty rude imho. Was told she has to get a letter from the doctor or hospital confirming she's the damn mother!

I bet illegals have an easier time getting this stuff than those who are actually ENTITLED to it.
I would bet you either asked for or received the incorrect birth certificate.

So you went there without fully knowing/reading the application form which tells you exactly what is needed? How can a BC with only the child's name on it be able to prove who the mother is?

Illegals just photoshop the number at home, they don't take the time to go to the SS office and apply for a card.

I see this more as a lack of you fully understanding the requirements prior to applying for the SS#, and you blaming the SS worker and their rules.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 01-05-2013 at 01:08 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We should be angry that such rampant fraud is happening that one cannot conduct normal business with your own government.
We should be angry that it has gotten this bad because nothing was done over the years to keep it in check and strengthen it up.

We should be mad that this is the knee jerk reaction our government has to most issues where fraud and corruption have pretty much taken over the system.

Your always so right! and how can we move forward, when our sins and mistakes from the past, are still here.

We cannot move forward, unless the Government also does, in the right way, and this will not happen anytime soon, and both party's not one are to blame. Cannot have it one way, takes two to tangle, one will win the knock down, they both lie and cheat to the finish.

This illegal immigration problem should have been dealt with years and years and years ago.

There is no turning back, and how can we move forward, with what lies ahead.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I had to get a new Social Security card for my last job; I already had a number obviously, but not an actual card. I showed up at the office, took a number, filled out a form, showed my driver's license, and the new card was mailed to me within 5 days. I showed more documentation to renew my friggin' driver's license. It IS too easy.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, it isn't an illegal immigration issue, it's that you want to blame the bureaucracy on something. The Social Security offices are like that. You should be happy that they have such security measures in place.
It is because illegals are being rewarded for committing this fraud with social security numbers by the same government who pretends to try to stop it by making it difficult for Americans.

You don't reward criminal acts if you're really trying to stop them. However -- illegals are being told it's no big deal at all if they steal social security numbers and commit felony document fraud with them. In fact those illegals that commit these crimes are being promised a big amnesty and reward of US citizenship. Instead they should be deported and barred permanently from legal reentry, using stolen social security numbers is a felony crime.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM

I know a guy who applied to get into college and financial aid and found out he could not be accepted because some illegal in California was using his social security number. He went down to the social security office and asked to be given a new number but they refused him saying that he could only be issued one number and that was that.

He had to prove that the number was actually his -- and that took months. As for the illegal -- I'm pretty sure the illegal just had to steal someone else's number and is eagerly counting on the amnesty as his reward for using stolen social security numbers.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know a guy who applied to get into college and financial aid and found out he could not be accepted because some illegal in California was using his social security number. He went down to the social security office and asked to be given a new number but they refused him saying that he could only be issued one number and that was that.

He had to prove that the number was actually his -- and that took months. As for the illegal -- I'm pretty sure the illegal just had to steal someone else's number and is eagerly counting on the amnesty as his reward for using stolen social security numbers.
This has happened to countless citizens. Yet, most Dreamies were using a fake or stolen SSN, and SSA had no problem issuing a "new" number, despite the fact they committed a felony offense. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This has happened to countless citizens. Yet, most Dreamies were using a fake or stolen SSN, and SSA had no problem issuing a "new" number, despite the fact they committed a felony offense. I can only shake my head in disbelief.
Yes -- part of Obama's amnesty is that their social security numbers will be "fixed" and even that they can keep any work credits they used under the stolen numbers.

Yet an American who wants a new social security number will be turned away. There are very great rewards for those who come here illegally -- that is certain.

I know a woman who got in on the last amnesty 4 times. She was clever and planned ahead. She used 4 combinations of her actual legal name to get 4 aliases an amnesty and then was getting food stamps for each - which she sold and other welfare handouts. She got caught -- and fled bail to go back to Mexico --I haven't heard but it would not be surprising to hear that she's back over here with a whole new identity that will win a nice amnesty for her again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration