U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You think the upper class kids and citizens would want to waste their time mowing their own lawn while they can get someone to do it for like $10? I don't know of any Legal American company that would do that for $10.
The story is posted so we can celebrate that an employer of illegal immigrants getting busted. You know the kind of employer that not only hires illegal immigrants but creates unfair competition in the industry but will also be busted a a tax dodger.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,813,696 times
some kids are too spoiled to do anything positive it seems

Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Yet, they are still rewarded. I won't speak too much about it since I am a Suburbian myself and am somewhat spoiled but not really

Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 PM

14,208 posts, read 7,406,947 times
I did lawn care when I was younger and it wasn't a bad paying job. One friend of mine has his own lawn business and from what I see he is very well off. He does most of the work himself along with one American employee. Plenty of bucks no need to be greedy. Where I live now every ones lawn is mowed and illegals arent doin it...yet. Greed is where the problem starts.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
The story is posted so we can celebrate that an employer of illegal immigrants getting busted. You know the kind of employer that not only hires illegal immigrants but creates unfair competition in the industry but will also be busted a a tax dodger.
The best way of reporting employers is to the IRS, ICE is so overloaded very doubtful if you would ever get a response from them...unless they were a major employer.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,698,282 times
Default why

Quote:
Gee.. I wonder why he hired so many illegals?
Why wonder? He broke the law and has to face punishment.
So now we are going to justify lazy kids for hiring illegals? MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-18-2007 at 10:18 AM..

Old 10-18-2007, 03:41 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Real Answer: Lower class Americans.
By this you refer to those undereducated, lower skilled americans?
Then I would agree. We do have in america those who opted not to pursue a higher education. Do not have higher skills or trade skills and dont own their own business.
Then yes the americans who fall within that catagory by default would do those jobs.
Guess what I was one of those americans. Infact I would work 2 jobs at a time to feed my family and was proud that I accepted no Gov assistance. Then I got a job working for procter and Gamble and make middle class pay.
Working these so called nonskilled jobs gave me the experience and skill to land a job with P&G.. These jobs are not shameful, they are not underclass jobs. They are stepping stones or an alternate path to success if one uses them wisely.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
By this you refer to those undereducated, lower skilled americans?
Then I would agree. We do have in america those who opted not to pursue a higher education. Do not have higher skills or trade skills and dont own their own business.
Then yes the americans who fall within that catagory by default would do those jobs.
Guess what I was one of those americans. Infact I would work 2 jobs at a time to feed my family and was proud that I accepted no Gov assistance. Then I got a job working for procter and Gamble and make middle class pay.
Working these so called nonskilled jobs gave me the experience and skill to land a job with P&G.. These jobs are not shameful, they are not underclass jobs. They are stepping stones or an alternate path to success if one uses them wisely.

I don't think it would be only the under educated that would mow lawns. There are people that enjoy a simple life or some that love gardening and the smell of a fresh cut lawn. My husband and I loved mowing our own lawn.

For those that are too lazy, busy or just hate the job, if they cannot find someone to mow the lawn they need to move into an apartment, condo or lanscape without grass.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Quote:
Gee.. I wonder why he hired so many illegals?
Look him up and ask him.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,220,542 times
Apparently some of you ran out of things to say about the topic and decided to discuss each other instead.

Thread closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration