Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Of course it does. It has for 115 years.

A demonstration that you have zero evidence for a bald assertion is not playing a game. It's winning one.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Funny your link doesn't use the words you claim. In fact the link says the following: 3.Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship and 4.Present Identification, acceptable identification.

As you can see, a BC is not all that is necessary.
You move those goal posts. It's all you've got going for you.

Proving citizenship and proving identity are two different things. (Insert "Duh" here.)

For citizenship, only the BC is necessary.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. Especially as you run away.
Run away, LMFAO.

Your not all that, butterbar.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
All you have are word games now.
So you can't name one?

What a shock.

Its not a word game. It's a demonstration of your complete inability to defend your claims.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
You move those goal posts. It's all you've got going for you.

Proving citizenship and proving identity are two different things. (Insert "Duh" here.)

For citizenship, only the BC is necessary.
The BC is an identity document, nothing more. I haven't moved anything, you simlpy imply things that are not quite what they are.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Run away, LMFAO.

Your not all that, butterbar.
Then why have you repeatedly run away from simple requests to defend your statements?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Then why have you repeatedly run away from simple requests to defend your statements?
Where have I not defended my statements? I even clarified them for SCO.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The BC is an identity document, nothing more. I haven't moved anything, you simlpy imply things that are not quite what they are.
The DoS calls bull**** on that assertion in the link I provided and that you're trying to squeeze out from under. Go look at it again.

First Time Applicants

It referred to Birth Certificates explicitly as "Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship"

Under "Primary Identification" Birth certificates are not even mentioned.

I mean seriously, LR... at this point you're not even pretending to tell the truth.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Don't penalize the children. They didn't ask to be born. Under the proposed law children born and raised here would have no rights or legal status in the US.

And why place of birth? If life and personhood begins at conception then surely citizenship should be based on place conceived.
Children should be with thier parents. The parent's are illegal entrants to this country & should be deported back to thier country of origin, therefore, it stands to reason the childen should have no
legal rights here.

that being said, how about this ? We deport the illegals & put the kids in good foster homes. They
should not have criminal parent's right ?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Circles? I said a BC is not enough proof to prove citizenship and that the DoS demands more than just a BC to grant a US Passport proving US citizenship. You might go back to English 101 and comprehension. Do you have proof the children born of illegal immigrants have received US Passports showing they are US Citizens and not US Nationals? How can you disprove my claim if you can't prove yours?

are children of illegal immigrants currently given birthright citizenship complete with US passports? NO, they are not, they have to apply for the passport, there is no gaurantee they will receive one.

If a child is born in the United States today even to illegal immigrant parents, are they treated as if they are US citizens? They (children) are granted state entitlements and privileges, no different than any Resident.

Glad to see you now view it as policy in effect, we're making headway with you.
I know what you say and none of it is true. What additional documentation is required other than a valid birth certificate issued by a US state before a US passport will be issued? Is there really a dispute regarding the issuance of US passports to children born in the US even if their parents are undocumented? I personally know dozens of people that you would label as anchor babies that have US passports since they were born in the US, the immigration status of their parents is irrelevant. They only had to submit their birth certificate issued by a state that shows they were born in the US. You are lying when you say that additional documentation of their citizenship is required.

Can you provide evidence that people born in the US are being denied passports based on the immigration status of their parents?

These are the lies of which I speak and it appears to be your modus operandi. You post the same false statements such as "anchor babies can't get passports" over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration