U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Reputation: 5685

Advertisements

This really irks the pooh out of me. I can't get my mom into a nursing home for respit care unless she has had a T.B test every 6 mos. Where are the heath officials? Where is our leadership? I am so sick of this. The guy probably worked in a restaurant. Personally, I don't give a rat's a... about business screaming that they will fold if they lose all their illegal help. Let them fold, we will start over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And as we all know, billions reaped by companies does not necessarily translate into a net positive for society as a whole.

California alone could shave a billions off its law enforcement and prison support budget if the illegal immigrants "disappeared tomorrow." Or, more realistically, if our immigration laws were enforced and every immigrant that came here was pre-screened.
But that money is surely spent in the United States, I don't think American business owners send money to Mexico via Wire transfer like illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
This really irks the pooh out of me. I can't get my mom into a nursing home for respit care unless she has had a T.B test every 6 mos. Where are the heath officials? Where is our leadership? I am so sick of this. The guy probably worked in a restaurant. Personally, I don't give a rat's a... about business screaming that they will fold if they lose all their illegal help. Let them fold, we will start over.
How do you propose we start over? Slavery all over again? You have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
How do you propose we start over? Slavery all over again? You have no idea.

How about pay AMERICANS a decent wage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
How about pay AMERICANS a decent wage?
Try fitting that into the heads of greedy Americans. If they can get Jose to do the same work as Tyler for half less who would you go with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Try fitting that into the heads of greedy Americans. If they can get Jose to do the same work as Tyler for half less who would you go with?

A poultry plant down south was raided by ICE and all the illegal workers were gone. They actually had a line of Americans out the door the next day and were able to fill the plant by giving them a couple more bucks an hour and benefits. That is greed-wanting to make 9 bucks an hour plus benefits instead of 6 without benefits?


These people should not be here and employers should not hire them-it is agaisnt the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
But that money is surely spent in the United States, I don't think American business owners send money to Mexico via Wire transfer like illegal immigrants.
What makes you think it is "spent" anywhere? Not everyone lives paycheck to paycheck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
You think they care to follow laws when they're making millions? I mean have you seen the facilities? They are breeding grounds for disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What makes you think it is "spent" anywhere? Not everyone lives paycheck to paycheck.
Yea, not everyone lives pay check to pay check. And the people who aren't are going around buying goods, investing and such. Theres nothing wrong with that but they are spending the money which allows the economy to function. Whats an economy when you have no one to buy your crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Yea, not everyone lives pay check to pay check. And the people who aren't are going around buying goods, investing and such. Theres nothing wrong with that but they are spending the money which allows the economy to function. Whats an economy when you have no one to buy your crap?
I believe we were speaking of the money earned by Corporate America. If you think the lion's share of it is being recycled into US commerce, I have bridge in Brooklyn for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top