U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:40 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I would like to see this too.. I HIGHLY doubt they are.

INSULT TO INJURY, Hurricane Katrina Survivors Twice-Victimized, as 70 Workers Lose Jobs to Illegal Immigrants

Give Illegal Aliens' Jobs to Unemployed Katrina Victims

I could give you a lot more stories like this but the blind refuse to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 PM

191 posts, read 653,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
INSULT TO INJURY, Hurricane Katrina Survivors Twice-Victimized, as 70 Workers Lose Jobs to Illegal Immigrants

I could give you a lot more stories like this but the blind refuse to see.
How right you are.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Again, I think you guys know why they weren't hired.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:16 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,145 times
That doesnt mean we should hire illegals. I want the person building my house to be a professional, framer, drywaller, electrician, roofer. I want the crew paid well enough that if they are caught cutting corners , skylarking or otherwise comprimising the quality of the job that they would be in fear of losing their jobs.

Illegals know if they show up at Home Depot the next morning they go back to work.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
How many illegals are getting jobs that require English speaking skill in the service sector? You make it seem like Americans are falling over themselves to get manual labor jobs working in the hot sun or the rain.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,145 times
At some point the pay will attract job candidates. If you have to pay more to get Americans to work in the

hot sun

then you pay them what it takes

Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 AM

402 posts, read 938,291 times
Quote:
Again, I think you guys know why they weren't hired.

What? did you not read the entire article ProLogic?
Quote:
Not only had they found jobs, but they were also working to help fellow hurricane victims rebuild their city. However, within 10 days of relocating to Biloxi for the project, the workers were replaced with illegal immigrants and sent home.

They were already hired and doing the work. The reason they were replaced, as we all know is because the illegals work so much cheaper. It is not enough that our government stabs us in the back they joyously twist the blade and roll on the floor with laughter as they watch us bleed, this includes those Government contractors too.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:05 PM

157 posts, read 276,919 times
Talking Logic

New Orleans was a beautiful city. All blacks are not as they are portrayed. But, I have seen gangs and the bad side. I hope they get sick of those illegals. Because they "THINK" they're bad, "THEY WILL SEE BAD!" A lot of people LEFT because of illegals over running their city. Especially St. Bernard Parish. Even our Black Americans can't stand them. And they are stealing jobs and doing POOR work. Always have always will! They picked a great spot.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
New Orleans was a beautiful city. All blacks are not as they are portrayed. But, I have seen gangs and the bad side. I hope they get sick of those illegals. Because they "THINK" they're bad, "THEY WILL SEE BAD!" A lot of people LEFT because of illegals over running their city. Especially St. Bernard Parish. Even our Black Americans can't stand them. And they are stealing jobs and doing POOR work. Always have always will! They picked a great spot.
There is an extreme historical irony about St Bernard Parish:

There was a judge; Leander H. Perez, who was a vicious White supremacist about 50 years ago......he was a member of the White Citizen's Council and was excommunicated from the Catholic Church due to his views.

The man today would have been counted as a Hispanic due to his Spanish heritage.

My point being he and the Mestizo illegals from Mexico would most likely 'had a problem' in the 1950's, shall we say.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:16 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post

It's ridiculous to rebuild New Orleans for a foreign population. Either rebuild it for the original inhabitants -- or leave it go. If it's not good jobs for Americans but dirt paying jobs for a group that will still depend on taxpayers for their food stamps and free health care -- then we're better off without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or