U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 AM

6,797 posts, read 6,120,491 times

Advertisements

In Mexico and most of the third world, non-narcodic medicine including antibiodics are available over the counter and without perscription. As a result many people in these countries mis-use antibiotics. The result of over use or improper use of antibiotics is the development of drug resistant strains of bacteria and disease. These drug resistant deseases post one of the greatest risks of life threating epidemics we now face. In the past decade diseases once eliminated in the U.S have made a resurgance. Some now are becoming epidemics. What has changed in the past decade? The answer is 30 million illegal alians have flowed into our country like an unwanted titlewave bringing with them T.B., Hepititus, Ebola, Polio, Staff infections, and a host of other life thretening and highly contagious disease, virus, and bacteria. They were never screaned and treated for their conditions like the legal imigrants. There is a reason the system was set up to protect the health of American citizens. I wonder if the good deal you get on your gardening or house cleaning will matter to you when someone you care about is sickend or worse from a disease that should not have been here in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 AM

457 posts, read 302,203 times
I always thought it was suspicious that so many outbreaks of E.coli in lettuce, spinach and tomatos occured recently. Most likely, The ILLEGALS had their dirty hands all over those crops.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM

13,755 posts, read 23,220,542 times
Be pretty careful about attributing drug resistant disease with illegal immigrants. Though I find most things to be a matter of opinion, I would challenge the accuracy of that assumptions.

If you look at the timeline and location of the killing infections, they predate much of the illegal immigrant issue, and do not have a geographical distribution in line with the migration pattern of these workers. It is a false link.

Is it possible they contribute to the problem? In my view that is likely, but the companies employing these folks have standards too, and the violations have to first be evaluated on a systemic basis. Blaming illegal immigrants would just be inaccurate.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Be pretty careful about attributing drug resistant disease with illegal immigrants. Though I find most things to be a matter of opinion, I would challenge the accuracy of that assumptions.

If you look at the timeline and location of the killing infections, they predate much of the illegal immigrant issue, and do not have a geographical distribution in line with the migration pattern of these workers. It is a false link.
Link to this information, please.

Quote:
Is it possible they contribute to the problem? In my view that is likely, but the companies employing these folks have standards too, and the violations have to first be evaluated on a systemic basis. Blaming illegal immigrants would just be inaccurate.
The name of individual mentioned in another thread who made multiple trips to the US while infected was in a database of people known to have MDR-TB. That is why efforts were initiated to track him down. In all likelihood, this person knew he had MDR-TB (the only way he could not have known is if the diagnosis had been made very recently and he had not yet been told) and he chose to come to the US again and again anyhow. How can blaming him for behavior that places others at risk be 'inaccurate'? Who should we blame instead?
I don't think placing responsibility for screening these cases on the employer is realistic. I am not sure if this is a nationwide requirement, but I do know that in some states owners of restaurants or any establishment serving food to the public require their employees to have a 'health certificate' stating that the employee has undergone the necessary screenings and it is safe for them to handle food. This document, like so many others can be forged and subsequently purchased by the employee. There was a case where an illegal alien who had hepatitis was working in a restaurant under a false document and ended up giving several patrons hepatitis. I'll look for the link later.

To the best of my knowledge, the only occurence of Ebola in the US was when it was diagnosed in a colony of monkeys in Reston, VA quite some time back so that is probably not a valid concern.

Last edited by andreabeth; 10-18-2007 at 11:56 AM..

Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Illegals forge so many things, how do we know they are getting their kids vaccinated?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
I agree jimhcom. Illegals are not screened for disease as those people who come here legally are. There have been many articles and books about how illegals bring much disease with them. Tuberculosis is one of the most prevalent. When my father-in-law was diagnosed with mesophelinoma-one of the first things he was tested for was TB. His doctor wanted to rule that out because his doctor said there was a huge number of illegal mexicans in nearby Lakewood, NJ who had TB. There are other diseases that we have never seen here that illegals are bringing as well.

There has been much research on illegals and the disease they bring with them. There is a lot out there on this-here are just a few articles:

WorldNetDaily: Illegal aliens threaten U.S. medical system

Frosty Wooldridge -- Illegal Immigration Tuberculoses Crisis

It is bad enough that illegals bring disease at an alarming rate. It would be bad if just one single illegal brought disease because that is someone who should not be here in the first place. One less disease that would be here if our government did it's job.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:33 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Illegals forge so many things, how do we know they are getting their kids vaccinated?
I think alot depends on what country we are talking about. In some places where the government is, shall we say, more firmly in control, kids are rounded up and vaccinated with no parental input or control over the process. I suspect this is why some countries that are otherwise totally whacked-out do not collapse under epidemics of polio, diphtheria, etc. I think, IMO only, that the real problems are in countries where a)the political or economic situation is very chaotic, b) they are truly unable to afford the medications for treatment or c) the public health care sytem is virtually nonexistant.

Off topic I realize. Please let a few people read before you delete.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
I always thought it was suspicious that so many outbreaks of E.coli in lettuce, spinach and tomatos occured recently. Most likely, The ILLEGALS had their dirty hands all over those crops.
Their dirty hands are not the only thing coming in contact with your vegetables. E. coli is spread through contact with human fecal matter.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post

Haven't you seen George Lopez? He said

The Illegals: "Oh we're depleting the system and you guys don't want us here no mores? Oh ok. Here *rubs lettuce and such on their buttox* *Rips out hair from the pubic region and puts the hair with the vegetables*. "Mira, theres their taco bell, Think outside the bun!"

Hey man, who else will wash the lettuce for $6 dollars an hour? Not me. Nor every other legal citizen in the U.S.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Haven't you seen George Lopez? He said

The Illegals: "Oh we're depleting the system and you guys don't want us here no mores? Oh ok. Here *rubs lettuce and such on their buttox* *Rips out hair from the pubic region and puts the hair with the vegetables*. "Mira, theres their taco bell, Think outside the bun!"

Hey man, who else will wash the lettuce for $6 dollars an hour? Not me. Nor every other legal citizen in the U.S.

You know for a fact citizens won't do this? In Colorado they are using minimum security prisoners. How about people on welfare. Boyscouts for a charity fund raiser. There are plenty of Americans that can and will do it.

Amd if they cannot find Americans who will do it-they will have to pay wages Americans will work for. It is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration