U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:03 PM

140 posts, read 79,651 times

Advertisements

Have you ever seen the number of votor registration centers that actually cater to illegal immigrants with false documentation? Look it up on the web sometime! How about the number of elderly and college children who cannot find low-paying part time employment? If we are so dependant on foriegn workers why aren't there provisions for this? Also, what did we do to survive prior to the invasion?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
Have you ever seen the number of votor registration centers that actually cater to illegal immigrants with false documentation? Look it up on the web sometime! How about the number of elderly and college children who cannot find low-paying part time employment? If we are so dependant on foriegn workers why aren't there provisions for this? Also, what did we do to survive prior to the invasion?
We have always survived with immigration, since day 1.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:23 PM

140 posts, read 79,651 times
Why no do a little research first and then decide?

Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute

WorldNetDaily: Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals

[SIZE=3]A recent report by the House Homeland Security Committee's subcommittee on management, investigations and oversight examined links between Mexican drug cartels, human trafficking operations and U.S.-based gangs made up predominantly of foreign nationals.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) estimates there are roughly 30,000 such gangs, comprising 800,000 members, active in 2,500 communities across the U.S.

One of the most notorious criminal enterprises, the Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13 gang, has been identified in congressional testimony as having an expanded reach throughout the U.S.

Almost 90 percent of its members are illegals, according to DHS officials. Although originally active in Los Angeles, about 1,500 MS-13 gang members are active in parts of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C., according to current [/SIZE][SIZE=3]FBI estimates[/SIZE][SIZE=3].[/SIZE]

Look, I'm not trying to make trouble for the people who are here, legally, trying to create a better life for them and their families. But many of these people who are here are criminals who hate americans and who are exploiting our natural resources, social programs and our giving nature. These are the people that I want out of the country.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:06 PM

635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
To the original writer,

Why don't you pray in faith the Lord will protect you from outside trouble? That's the best way to your solution of illegal immigration, and it's always effective.

-Thank you Lord for your Word that every individual can stand on it!
-Glory to God!

"Whatever so things you desire when you pray, believe that you have received it, and you shall have it." Mark 11:23

Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 PM

359 posts, read 1,266,206 times
i know illegal immigration is a problem in almost every state/city. but in vegas, its nowhere near as bad as it is here in sylmar ca. i mean, you go to home depot, you see the ppl who are called day laborers. as soon as the 5-0 come by, they all run away. its kinda sad, but when a large amount of crime is coming from illegal immigrants, it pretty upsetting. and sometimes, it gets pretty weird down here haha one time,i was stopped at a light and this one guy with really raggy clothes starts pounding on my windows and yelling at me in spanish. scared the bejezees outta me. and then theres always a gang fight involving 2 or more gangs of latino race duking it out at the local public high school. (lol home sweet home) so far here in vegas, i havent seen many problems such as the ones ive mentioned above. but i could be missing some things. so IMO, vegas is much better in terms of immigration control. no offense to those who disagree with me. also one MAJOR thing i noticed here in nevada, is the DMV has no signs translated in spanish. or any other language for that matter. the street signs are in english. so it only makes sense to have no translations for rules of driving. again, no offense to those who disagree with me.

Last edited by toyojo; 10-18-2007 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: left something out.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
There is a huge component of our economy that needs these workers to survive. Why do you think the gov't has looked the other way for so long? Because they have no choice. Too many crummy jobs, not enough people willing to do them.
Yes there is a choice. I don't buy it. Employers have to pay more or go out of business. They must obey our laws. Do you know how many billons of dollars we are paying for this "cheap" labor. Deport them now. No more excuses.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
[quote=Mom2Five;1766504]
It's a terrible thing that happened to that child, but illegals are not blame for all of the rapes and other crime that happens here or anywhere else.

Of course they are not to blame for ALL crimes. But in case you missed Hannity and Colmes last night let me share with you that an estimated 10,000 American citizens were killed at the hands of illegal aliens last year alone! That's more than killed on 9/11 or in Iraq. We have got to deport anyone here illegally and secure our borders. This is unexcusable!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
To the original writer,

Why don't you pray in faith the Lord will protect you from outside trouble? That's the best way to your solution of illegal immigration, and it's always effective.

-Thank you Lord for your Word that every individual can stand on it!
-Glory to God!

"Whatever so things you desire when you pray, believe that you have received it, and you shall have it." Mark 11:23
Your right, we should pray that the Government will get some sense knocked into them.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM

151 posts, read 166,730 times
I apologize if this sounds racists but I am tired of going in to seven eleven for a morning cup of coffee and feeling like I am in a different country. Luckily, there is a new Sinclair station down the street that does not sell beer so the illegals don't go in there.

We are taking in an estimated 850,000 ILLEGAL immigrants a year. That means new schools, new roads, new hospitals, etc. Its like adding a new major city to our country every year. And who the hell is paying for it? Certainly not them. We simply can not keep up with this. I know many illegals are hard working and want a better life. But if we loose our nation. The moral fabric of this country is changing and no one is doing anything about it.

The only thing we can do is as citizens is start calling ICE. Whenever you see someone who you think is an illegal give ICE a call. Start demanding that they enforce the law.
Write your representatives. We can post in this forum and gripe all we want, but until we get off of our butts and start taking issues into our own hands one small step at a time nothing will happen.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:05 PM

6,532 posts, read 11,616,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I currently reside in Las Vegas and we have in recent years seen a huge increase in illegal immigration. This has negatively effected our property values, school systems, lifestyle and our way of life in general (for example; several years ago I took my dad down to the social security office to apply for benefits and were told that we could only come on a tuesday or wednesday as all other days were spanish only!!). Now we are concerned for our childrens safety. Several months ago a 13 year old girl was raped several blocks from our home by one of the illegals. Unfortunately, this sort of thing is all too common to our area. I am fairly desperate to get my family in a safer, better place. Is this now part of the American way of life? Whre, in the US, can you raise a family without fear?
Any and all responses would be appreciated.
Thanks,
It is very disheartening to hear this. I live in Maryland near DC and I want to move to the Southwest. In fact the Las Vegas area is one of my top choices and I'm wondering specifically about Summerlin, Green Valley, and Boulder City. Two days of the week are SPanish only? This is ridiculous.

The only places you will find less illegals is places where the economy is so bad that even Americans cannot find work. All over the Rust Belt. Baltimore is such a place. Also Pittsburgh is openly trying to attract "immigrants" (don't seem to care if they're legal or not) because they cannot find people to do the bad jobs. I think there are also very few illegals in Cleveland and Detroit and anywhere in West Virginia or New England.

Here around DC there is a lot of new construction business going on attracting illegals. Illegals working at McDonalds get mad at me because they don't understand my English and I politely ask them to repeat what they are saying and they've messed up my order countless times. I am of Asian descent but people at cafes have immeidately spoken to me in Spanish like they expect to understand them. Though I do understand some Spanish from high school I refuse to speak to them in Spanish because this is America and I shouldn't have to speak a foreign language when I'm buying lunch at a restaurant.

I started another thread about this....places like Nevada, when the construction boom ends where will the illegals work? Also somebody mentioned that once they citizenship they will just live on welfare. Is Nevada a sanctuary state, are illegals allowed to get driver's licenses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or