U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 AM

2,039 posts, read 5,683,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
ArizonaBear, if you ever come back to the DC area you can see the difference. Places like Wheaton and Silver Spring and parts of Gaithersburg in Maryland are COMPLETELY dominated by illegals. The biggest gang here is MS-13, which consists of illegal Salvadorans. Their signature move is cutting people's hands off with machetes. A few months ago in Virginia illegal immigrants drove into a townhouse community where some of their supposed enemies lived and pocketed a row of homes with over 300 bullets and left graffiti all over the walls and sidewalk. parts of Prince George's County near the border with Northeast DC (Langley Park, Takoma Park) look like Nogales, which I've seen in several movies.

Takoma Park, MD, long a hippie enclave is a publicly declared sanctuary city for illegals. The governor of Maryland, Martin O'Malley, openly supports giving illegal aliens IN-STATE tuition at state colleges and universities, including prestigious schools like Univ of Maryland - College Park (GO TERPS!), UMBC, Frostburg, and Towson University. Gaithersburg now has an illegal labor center built by county tax money. The county executive at a meeting told a man to "shut up" when the man asked him about what he was doing about illegal immigration.

Suburban Maryland is definitely going to hell. Our neighbors in Virginia and even Pennsylvania are serious about cracking down. At the same time we are basically welcoming illegals with open arms and this is all over the local news. This plus how the city leadership in DC is pushing the ghetto (including illegals) out of the city....this area will be a Third World country in 10 years.

There are illegals everywhere here. Every gardener, fast food worker, construction worker, maid, and janitor here is illegal. The cooks and busboys in most restaurants are illegals. The days when teenagers and college kids did those jobs are gone, at least here and other cities I've been to where is an abundance of illegals. Young people here now will not take a summer job beneath Abercrombie, Best Buy, the local pool, or Outback (in the front, not the kitchen.)

There used to be a lot of Americans here who worked in landscaping, gardening, roofing, etc but they have been driven out of business. Now when people need work doen at their house they drive to some 7-Eleven parking lot with dozens of illegals sitting around (or to the new day labor center) and get some illegals. Americans used to do this kind of work but now the illegals ahve driven the wages down so low that its not possible anymore unless you want to live like them.

Right now in so many neighborhoods with illegals, they live 20 to a house. They park so many cars on the street it feels like New York City driving home sometimes. My family chose to live in the suburbs not in NY, LA or Chicago. Their houses are always a mess and their lawns are filled with weed or are just brown and unwatered. One house, thye let their bushes grow as high as their roof....I'm not kidding we can't even see their kitchen window anymore. I once worked with this guy who has gone to Mexico City on business and he tells me even down there the nicer areas are not like the illegal alien parts in the DC.

The illegals who come here are the least educated, least principled and least law-abiding portion of their home country's population. Mexico's elite doesn't want to share their wealth and just wants to dump their trash across the border, this is why they refuse to spot their people from coming here. Regular people living in Mexico in fact don't buy into the "reconquista" crap...that's something invented by liberals and "ethnic studies" professors in the US especially California.
Gee, sounds like Phoenix! LOL. I was just in DC, I didn't see that many Hispanics. I must have not been in the right areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Hmmm....I believe West Virginia passed a law making English the only official language there .
I've heard the language used in West Virginia----it may be based on English, but it certainly doesn't sound anything like the "official version".

And yes, I think you're correct in that New Mexico is officially bilingual...

Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,227,334 times
These statistics are outdated by 13 years
(U.S. Government Printing Office, 1994).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration