U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,895,974 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what is smart about merging nations.... I understand alliances, but not mergers. Have always enjoyed DISTINCT cultures. Is kinda like mixing up your mashed potatoes with the salad, cornbread and dessert, kind of nauseating. Goulash is what we have to look forward to?

Quantum physics is a fascinating science. What is its role in global, political and societal issues again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I'm not sure what is smart about merging nations.... I understand alliances, but not mergers. Have always enjoyed DISTINCT cultures. Is kinda like mixing up your mashed potatoes with the salad, cornbread and dessert, kind of nauseating. Goulash is what we have to look forward to?

Quantum physics is a fascinating science. What is its role in global, political and societal issues again?
Quantum Computers, 1 atom in 2 locations simultaneously...the unknown really. Same could have been asked about the internet 30 years ago.

Personally I think we can all coexist together no matter what.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:11 AM

Coexisting is good, but I prefer to do it in reality. I think I would rather have all my atoms in one place where I can keep an eye on them. Am interested in the unknown becoming the known very quickly as well. Just one of those grounded kind of gals I guess.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Coexisting is good, but I prefer to do it in reality. I think I would rather have all my atoms in one place where I can keep an eye on them. Am interested in the unknown becoming the known very quickly as well. Just one of those grounded kind of gals I guess.
Wait until the current generation of internet kids become grown ups, these kids have been playing games online with Chinese, Japanese and Hispanics worldwide. We still have an older generation of people running around in America that never use email. A new generation will drive this world into a union.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:22 AM

Am hoping the "kids' plan" will occur sometime after the approximate 25 good years I have left. By that time, I will be drooling and won't care....

Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Am hoping the "kids' plan" will occur way after the approximate 25 good years I have left. By that time, I will be drooling and won't care....
Don't worry it will, I'll still be here though hopefully.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 PM

4,514 posts, read 8,601,555 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what is smart about merging nations.... I understand alliances, but not mergers. Have always enjoyed DISTINCT cultures.
Of course the U.S. is interested in keeping an artificial country, Iraq, together.

The culture of Texas is very distinct from New York and even New York and New Jersey are very distinct. Most East Coasters can tell the difference from a New York vs. New Jersey accent. But they are confederated under one nation. Time to break up?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:49 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,396 times
You cannot have a free flow of people, it would cause financial ruin for many citizens, overcrowding of all sorts....then protests and revolution, and finally governments would collapse. America is well into the first stage of this now in many areas of the country.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Right now it is not, but think about how people lived in the middle ages and how much things have changed since then, just think that 50 years ago people never imagined that advances such as the internet would change our lives forever, maybe it'll be possible in 50, 100, 300 years?

Imagine people from 300 years in the future reading history books something like this:

XX and early XXI century inhabitants of the world used an ancient technology called internal combustion to feed their vehicles and transport themselves around their cities, free access between citizens from one country and other were restricted mainly due to differences in country's incomes, cultures, customs and laws, it wasn't until globalization was very advanced that a project known as the intergalatic network was started, it was a huge database supported by an advanced quantum computing system which was constantly updated by the people themselves as they kept learning new skills which could be in demand somewhere else in the world.

we still have to evolve a loooong way to be ready for such a concept, how fast we'll get there? as fast as we want to go

Respect!
free flow would be great if the people flowing in are on the same page as the people here. i mean if you are methodist and i am lutheran, then if you dont like my religion you might not talk to me or not invite to your house for a party. but in bagdad you might come over and blow up my church.
so your free flowing over here without any filtering system might not be to my liking.

or like in mexico. they handle labor movements different there than here.
here we do collective bargaining negotiations and we offer the guy a chair in our office to work out a mutual contract.
in mexico we shoot the labor guy in the head and dump his body in the river.
so we kind of got to get on the same page b4 we get on the free flow highway no?
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-28-2007, 01:24 AM

57 posts, read 172,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Wait until the current generation of internet kids become grown ups, these kids have been playing games online with Chinese, Japanese and Hispanics worldwide.
Coexistence is easy when everybody is having fun. That's not the challenge here.

What you need to understand is that when the going gets rough, people stick with their own kind. Usually this means that everyone splits up along ethnic/racial/linguistic/religious/cultural lines. This behavior is instinctive and all the liberal brainwashing in the world isn't going to change it.

The astute observer will note that in modern-day America, the blacks are still at war with whites - even in a time of relative peace and prosperity when their standard of living is higher than ever before. Witness the recent "Jena Six" events, in which the vast majority of blacks rallied around a group of violent thugs who beat an innocent white child senseless. Now, keep in mind that this is in the most prosperous nation on Earth, not some third world backwater where everybody is fighting over the last scrap of food on the table. Does this really bode well for the Marxist vision of eliminating borders and nations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration