U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:17 PM

140 posts, read 79,819 times

Advertisements

For many people the subject of Illegal Immigration is often confused with racism. This couldn't be further from the truth. Many people feel that without illegal immigration our economy would suffer. This too is untrue. My contention has always been that people who routinely break the law, even the little annoying ones, are usually capable and even willing, to committ larger violent crimes. I feel that the increase of crime in the United States can be directly atributed to the surge of illegal immigration. For those who have doubts to the accuracy of this I submit the following article by the violent crimes institute:

The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants in the United States
Copyright © 2006, Violent Crimes Institute
By Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D. Violent Crimes Institute, Atlanta, Georgia

Introduction:
After conducting a 12 month in-depth study of illegal immigrants who committed sex crimes and murders for the time period of January 1999 through April 2006 , it is clear that the U.S. public faces a dangerous threat from sex predators who cross the U.S. borders illegally.

There were 1500 cases analyzed in depth. They included: serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides, and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants. Police reports, public records, interviews with police, and media accounts were all included. Offenders were located in 36 states, but it is clear, that the most of the offenders were located in states with the highest numbers of illegal immigrants. California was number one, followed by Texas, Arizona, New Jersey, New York, and Florida.

MOD CUT (post link instead of reprinting copywrite articles)

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-18-2007 at 10:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 06:37 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,162,145 times
And how many crimes are committed by Legal citizens? Does it not matter?

Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 PM

Of course it matters. The topic for this particular thread is immigration. If you want to start a new thread regarding the faultl of legal citizens of this country then go post your rhetoric there.
What exactly is your @#$$%%^&& point anyway!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 PM

No, your thread is about sex crimes committed. The very fact that illegals committed the crimes is an attempt to get your cheap political point across.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:22 PM

What exactly is your agenda?

Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 PM

My Agenda is:

1. Wake up take a shower
2. Go to High school
3. Come back do homework and study
4. Chat with you guys
5. Go to sleep

Glad you care

Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
No, your thread is about sex crimes committed. The very fact that illegals committed the crimes is an attempt to get your cheap political point across.
It may be a "cheap political point" ProLogic, and it's obviously a very touchy subject. (and for this reason, I've tried to avoid these threads). But I just wanted to point out to you that it IS a legitimate point. Crime by illegals, is by definition, "extra" crime--it's crime that wouldn't happen at all, if the perpetrators weren't here--which, legally speaking, they shouldn't be.

Crime by "legal" citizens is a "given". We can't do anything about it, much as we'd like to. They're "our" problem. Crime by illegals is preventable: it wouldn't happen if they didn't come here. Keep in mind that nothing in this statement suggest that illegals are worse than the "locals"--in fact, it's entirely possible that illegals, as a group, are actually MORE law-abiding than the general public--I honestly don't know. Still, the fact remains that, if illegals weren't here, the crimes they DO commit wouldn't be happening.

Compare it to a family. If you have six kids, and one of your sons is a rotten punk who trashes your house, that's your problem, and your responsibility, But if your neighbor's rotten punk son comes to your house and causes damage, that's entirely different. That's your neighbor's doing, and you have the right to expect HIM to pay you for HIS son's actions. It doesn't matter at that point how "good" or "bad" your OWN kids are--this is somebody else's kid, causing trouble in your house.

It is a very contentious issue, and as I say, I seldom get into a thread such as this.

Keep your posts coming....

Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
For many people the subject of Illegal Immigration is often confused with racism. This couldn't be further from the truth. Many people feel that without illegal immigration our economy would suffer. This too is untrue. My contention has always been that people who routinely break the law, even the little annoying ones, are usually capable and even willing, to committ larger violent crimes. I feel that the increase of crime in the United States can be directly atributed to the surge of illegal immigration. For those who have doubts to the accuracy of this I submit the following article by the violent crimes institute:MOD CUT (post link instead of reprinting copywrite articles)
I've argued on this subject for a long time. Illegal immigration is a matter of laws being broken, true enough. But I beg to differ with your point that the fact that it's tied in with racism "couldn't be further from the truth". I know for a fact that for some people, the racial issue is the very essence of their vehement feelings toward illegal immigrants. As I've said before, it's truly a racist's fondest dream to be able to point to an identifiable racial or ethnic group who really is, in fact, breaking a law. It enables one to castigate and blast away at these folks, while claiming not to be a racist, just a concerned citizen.
I do not accept your premise that people willing to routinely "break little laws-even little annoying ones" are thereby predisposed to go on to commit acts of violent crime. This is just plain "BS".
I WILL agree with you that the very fact that these folks are coming into the country unchecked and undocumented, DOES allow for the possibility that the truly "bad guys" are coming in with them...and that we can't know who's coming in, if they aren't documented...and that this, in itself, is a bad situation, if even just for reasons of national security.
Illegal immigration, in and of itself, is not a serious crime. It is, as far as I know, similar to building without a permit, or driving on a suspended license. The vast majority of illegal immigrants are not any more "criminal" than people who exceed the speed limit, or fail to show up for jury duty. These aren't normally looked at as "crimes".
Bottom line is, illegal immigration must be stopped. But it must be done humanely, and those involved must not be mistreated. There's plenty of guilt to go around here, including the employers who encourage this practice, the elected officials who refuse to secure the border, and many others. And yes, racism is a factor--not for YOU, of course, or anyone you know..but it does play a part in this issue....

Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,007,754 times
When I was a corrections officer one thing that really shocked me was the number of illegal aliens that were in jail on an ICE hold for committing sex crimes. It was really shocking the shear volume of people involved. And most of them had really long rap sheets. It wasn't as if they were committing this one crime and then getting deported. They were doing it over and over again, and frequently they were sitting in jail facing four, five, six or even more charges. And a lot of them really didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,177,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

No- the point is if these illegals were not here, there would have been one million less sex crimes. Yes Americans committ sex crimes. However by allowing people to be here who have no right to be, there were 1 million more victims of sex crimes in this country. Add that to all the other crimes committed by illegals, law enforcement can never keep up. They should not have to even deal with these illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or