U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“People are tired of two things: they’re tired of illegal immigrants constantly crossing the border with no recourse, and they’re also tired that we don’t treat people who are here as productive American citizens,” Schumer told reporters including WCBS 880′s Monica Miller.

“It’s going to be very generous on legal immigration but very tough on illegal immigration,” said Schumer. “
Schumer: Coming Bipartisan Measure Will Be ‘Very Tough’ On Illegal Immigration « CBS New York

Why should we treat illegal aliens as "productive American citizens?" Does the BS never end?

Well, after granting amnesty to our current crop of illegals, probably 30 million, I guess the government can be "very tough" on illegal immigration. But, that's the same line they fed us in 1986. In fact, they said the enforcement would be "so tough" it would end illegal immigration, and we would NEVER need another amnesty. I think we all know that was a bald-faced lie.

If they enforce CIR with the same ineptitude as IRCA, we can expect millions more to come illegally, employers to continue to operate outside the law with impunity, even more rampant fleecing of U.S. taxpayers, millions of additional anchor babies, more victims of illegal alien DUIs, more victims of illegal alien SSN ID theft, etc, etc, etc. Then, in another 10, 15, 20 years we'll have to pass another law. After all, CIR will be considered "broken." Of course, the new law MUST include a path to citizenship for those currently here. Anything less would be racist, discriminatory, and downright un-American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM

23,624 posts, read 31,218,659 times
I don't see why we can't be VERY TOUGH on it right now. No amnesty, no path to citizenship, no freebies. Go home and stay there. We don't want you here.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't see why we can't be VERY TOUGH on it right now. No amnesty, no path to citizenship, no freebies. Go home and stay there. We don't want you here.
Exactly! Why not enforce our current laws? But, I think we both know the answer to that.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM

14,382 posts, read 7,498,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! Why not enforce our current laws? But, I think we both know the answer to that.
Because americans are aborting their future voting citizens (60 million so far), so politicians (on both sides) see them (illegals) as a demographic to exploit. We all know who illegals tend to vote (you don't think they vote?) for. There's plenty of asylum cities that are more than happy to take them, house them, and add them to the voting ranks. SF, Philly and Chicago come to mind. Exploiting 12-20m illegal aliens for their 90% Democrat vote is game changing. All they need is an address and utility bill and viola... Obama is re-elected after four years of failure and abuse.

We have Santa Claus for a President; except he takes from the haves and doles it out to the have nots (after skimming the juice and lining the pockets of his corporate backers.)

Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM

2,083 posts, read 2,013,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Because they work cheap and are easily exploited by American employers? Because using them as farm laborers keeps the price of food low since they work for peanuts? Since they work as nannies and yard men, etc... for the wealthy who can keep them virtual prisoners? Because they work in sweat shops making cheap clothes?

I hear stories all the time - farmers from Georgia to California who can't find enough cheap help to bring in the crops.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 PM

31,760 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Because they work cheap and are easily exploited by American employers? Because using them as farm laborers keeps the price of food low since they work for peanuts? Since they work as nannies and yard men, etc... for the wealthy who can keep them virtual prisoners? Because they work in sweat shops making cheap clothes?

I hear stories all the time - farmers from Georgia to California who can't find enough cheap help to bring in the crops.
You couldn't be more wrong. These growers are only pocketing the profit from cheap, illegal immigrants. They aren't passing any savings on to us. Again, there are unlimited H-2A visas for foreign agricultural workers so there is no need to hire illegal immigrants for those jobs except to fatten the wallets of the growers while they pass on the social costs of this cheap labor to you and I the taxpayer and any other jobs that these illegal immigrants are holding. Not such a good deal aferall, is it?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,464,849 times
Quote:
I used to work with folks whose spouses ran farms, and who used illegals for that reason. Despite very high unemployment, the locos wanted outragous amounts to do the work, and even than, they'd not show up quite often.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM

32,826 posts, read 30,110,492 times
Quote:

Increase wages. If you can't legally run a business it SHOULD go BK. The Govt would subsidize these fools if we needed it that badly and they couldn't get by otherwise. No "savings" gets passed on to the consumer EVER.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM

23,624 posts, read 31,218,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Increase wages. If you can't legally run a business it SHOULD go BK. The Govt would subsidize these fools if we needed it that badly and they couldn't get by otherwise. No "savings" gets passed on to the consumer EVER.
EXACTLY. It's not like we're getting cheaper produce because illegals pick it for pennies on the dollar...nope, it's all being gobbled up as pure profit. We get screwed, they get screwed, and the businesses make out like bandits.

We need to punish them.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,171,615 times
Shumer is pandering to conservatives. He thinks that if he uses the words "very tough on illegal immigration" that he's effectively greasing the skids for easier passage. The fact of the matter is that there's not a single Democrat heading into the 2014 election season that's willing to "get tough" on illegal immigrants. Democrats corrupted themselves by coddling illegal immigrants the past 4+ years and including that coddling in their party platform. And now they say they're going to "get tough?" LOL Right. They have themselves to blame for the coming failure of immigration reform. This is 100% pure unadulterated bullshiite coming from Shumer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration