U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM

327 posts, read 263,283 times

Advertisements

Before everyone comes down on me, if you think about it Americans are English speakers, and we grow up in an English only public school system. So we are natve English speakers through lineage, or birth to an American. My thing is bilingual jobs are only going to go to hispanics who for the most part should know English.

The point I am getting at its racist to have bilingual Hispanic only jobs.

Can't most of agree?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 PM

6,335 posts, read 4,282,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Before everyone comes down on me, if you think about it Americans are English speakers, and we grow up in an English only public school system. So we are natve English speakers through lineage, or birth to an American. My thing is bilingual jobs are only going to go to hispanics who for the most part should know English.

Can't most of agree?
Language isn't race and your English is horrendous.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM

725 posts, read 460,033 times
Man there are some idiotic posts on here but I think this one tops the list.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM

4,266 posts, read 3,612,314 times
Commerce in the Western Hemisphere requires English and Spanish speakers. If the Spanish speakers can learn English, then the English speakers can learn Spanish and compete for those jobs. Whiners step aside for the doers.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM

31,973 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Quote:

Can't most of agree?
I don't know about racist but it is discrimination. A lot of this bi-lingual requirement is due to illegal immigration from south of our border and Hispanic citizens who want to feel all warm and fuzzy by being pandered to in Spanish even though they know English. I agree, we are an English speaking country and native English speakers should not be discriminated against in hiring practices in their own country.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,190,437 times
Yes of course it is the height of racism for a company to require employees have the ability to communicate with its customers.

... it must be National Idiotic Thread Year.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM

6,335 posts, read 4,282,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Man there are some idiotic posts on here but I think this one tops the list.
Hey, show me some mad love will ya?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM

31,973 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes of course it is the height of racism for a company to require employees have the ability to communicate with its customers.

... it must be National Idiotic Thread Year.
Communicate with whom? Illegal aliens or bi-lingual citizens who know English? Why shoud native English speakers be discriminated against due to the above when we are an English speaking nation?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM

4,120 posts, read 3,714,076 times
Quote:

Can't most of agree?
That is a job skill.

My job requires one to be intelligent. You wouldn't qualify. That doesn't make it racist.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,013,066 times
Quote:

What?!? Bilingual implies, in this context, that they do speak English and Spanish.

[]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration