U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy244 View Post
if someone is just a few months old when brought here and grows up here than I would think that they see this as their home. Why be mad at someone who's just like you for something that the parents did
Are you comparing law breakers who bypassed our immigration laws to taxpayer AMERICANS like me, ChicagoNut and etc?

You need a reality check.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 PM

17 posts, read 10,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Technicality doesn't mean REALITY.

So if I walk into a house and live there (without the owner's permission) I can say it is my house because I am present there? LOL

Don't try to argue things you don't understand.
and your saying you understand the situation and how? Just from it own opinions I'm guessing

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
and your saying you understand the situation and how? Just from it own opinions I'm guessing
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM

9,964 posts, read 6,099,567 times
What would you do if you were an illegal immigrant or you parents were legal immigrants?

I would kick our a$$es out of the country and apply for legal citizenship.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Are you comparing law breakers who bypassed our immigration laws to taxpayer AMERICANS like me, ChicagoNut and etc?

You need a reality check.
actually there's good people and bad people and there are some illegal immigrants that do pay taxes.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
you didn't answer the question, how do you know so much about illegal immigration, is it just from your opinions

Old 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM

439 posts, read 790,934 times
I worked illegally in China for awhile. I didn't know it at first, but the company I was employed by (purposely) brought me in on a visa which did not permit me to be working there (but it was cheaper and easier to get). Kinda figured it out when immigration showed up and they hid us (the first of several such incidents)!! Even then the company tried to claim there was "an electrical problem". Urgh. I was not ready to leave yet and I was making money, not to mention immigration was more than willing to take bribes, so I stayed and worked anyway. Eventually the gov. started to crack down on employers who did this (also the people I worked for were awful, morally corrupt individuals), so I left a couple of months before my contract ended.

I don't think I would want to do that on purpose, though. Immigration visits at my apartment were nerve-wracking as well (stupid company told me I had to pretend to be an exchange student, immigration did not believe me...)

Part of the reason I didn't feel too bad about working illegally was that the immigration authorities, the government, the companies there, etc. were all very lax and hypocritical about the rules. The government lets businesses do whatever as long as they are paying up for the priviledge (only reason they cracked down on us was because we were in Beijing and they were putting on a good show before the Olympics). If I had thought I'd get into trouble or actually deported, I'd have quit the job.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
you didn't answer the question, how do you know so much about illegal immigration, is it just from your opinions
Hm, I live in America. That is how I know. You don't need to be friends with an illegal alien to know anything. You don't have to be related to one.

All you have to do is go hang out outside the Welfare Office for 20 minutes. Or go to any hospital in the Boston area....Go to any construction site.

My father came here LEGALLY.

Illegal aliens get no sympathy from me or any of my family members.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
actually there's good people and bad people and there are some illegal immigrants that do pay taxes.
How do they pay income taxes?

They can only pay income taxes by using Fake or Stolen IDs.

How noble of them.

LOL

Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hm, I live in America. That is how I know. You don't need to be friends with an illegal alien to know anything. You don't have to be related to one.

All you have to do is go hang out outside the Welfare Office for 20 minutes. Or go to any hospital in the Boston area....Go to any construction site.

My father came here LEGALLY.

Illegal aliens get no sympathy from me or any of my family members.
I'm not trying to defend the illegal immigrants that came here, I'm trying to defend the children that were brought here, they didn't make any decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or