U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Reputation: 2049

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why would there be statistics on people starving on their homeland?
Where then are you getting your information? I named (some of) my sources. What are yours?
Quote:
And I'm not talking about just Mexico, Latin America in general.
Are you reading my posts? I'm not talking about just Mexico, either.
Quote:
Haven't you seen those commercials on T.V about feeding the starving children?
I see. That there exist starving people equates to all/most/some illegal immigrants are starving people. Please explain this huge leap of logic.
Quote:
And you think people who are hungry and have little or nothing to eat is a false emotion? Wow. You missed the point buddy.
Crimeny. The word "starving" is a buzzword used by illegal sympathizers to elicit emotion from the public. As I have supported, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants are starving. I give you the words of illegals themselves. I recommend a book written by an expert. You give me what? A non-sequitur based on a TV commercial? Am I supposed to take you seriously?

 
Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Starving is a buzzword used by illegal sympathizers? You want evidence? Don't go to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta Acapulco. Visit poor non-anglo places like Cornavaca or any other village in Mexico. theres your evidence.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm talking about people from Mexico and Latin America starving and have no other choice but to come to the United States for a chance at a better life. This is not a flophouse. Read my other post next time before you make assumptions. People seem to think i am Pro-Illegal. I'm not, I think tighter border security is much needed. However-- We know the Government won't start deporting anyone any time soon. The Government should give amnesty to all illegals ALREADY LIVING HERE and charge them for whatever money the Government wants. For those who refuse to pay, they should be deported and/or take money out of their paycheck. I don't think once they're legal they would want to be paid under the table.
Who (besides you) gave every citizen in Mexico and Latin America the right to come here? Our country is not some flophouse. They have 'no other choice'? Yes they do. It is called work for change in their own countries. Do you understand that the US cannot possibly absorb every poor, uneducated person who would like to come here without turning into a Third World country ourselves? And a significant proportion of Americans are not interested in seeing that happen? And please don't quote the tired old line from the Statue of Liberty as a response.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:13 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Starving is a buzzword used by illegal sympathizers? You want evidence? Don't go to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta Acapulco. Visit poor non-anglo places like Cornavaca or any other village in Mexico. theres your evidence.
Your claim is that illegal immigrants to the United States are starving. Telling me that there are impoverished people around the world does not support that argument. A logically equivalent statement would be, "Because there are starving people in Appalachia, those standing in line at the Reno unemployment office are Appalachians." Your argument is fallacious, as are most open-border arguments. This is why illegal sympathizers must resort to using charged rhetoric like "starving" or "racist." That's all they have.

I would have more respect for someone if they simply admitted their true feelings, whatever those may be, rather than hide behind nonsensical and unsupported arguments.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Your claim is that illegal immigrants to the United States are starving. Telling me that there are impoverished people around the world does not support that argument. A logically equivalent statement would be, "Because there are starving people in Appalachia, those standing in line at the Reno unemployment office are Appalachians." Your argument is fallacious, as are most open-border arguments. This is why illegal sympathizers must resort to using charged rhetoric like "starving" or "racist." That's all they have.

I would have more respect for someone if they simply admitted their true feelings, whatever those may be, rather than hide behind nonsensical and unsupported arguments.
That made no sense what so ever.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I NEVER SAID THAT ALL OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WERE STARVING. I SAID A LOT WERE WHICH IS WHY THEY HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO COME HERE.

And, we seem to be doing fine how it is without socialized health care. Why would I want to pay for someone else's welfare?! I want to cut taxes and give more of the tax money back to the people who worked hard to earn it.
Should poor people in the US be allowed to break whatever laws they choose? He robbed a bank? That's OK because he had no choice.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I have explained and re-explained and am tired of explaining to you, obviously someone who has no formal education.
Oh. And you DO have a formal education?
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
That made no sense what so ever.
I sense a troll.
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why would there be statistics on people starving on their homeland?
Have you never heard of the World Health Organization?
 
Old 10-21-2007, 02:21 PM
 
383 posts, read 1,020,642 times
Reputation: 179
If I were an illegal immigrant, I would do the same thing the illegals in our country are currently doing. Doesn't make me right, however.

If I were an anchor baby, it would depend on how old I was to whether or not I would move, and a lot of other situations. That is tougher to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top