Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

So, how many of the 11 million will learn English, pay a fine, pay back taxes, get a back ground check and go to the back of the line? Maybe a couple hundred thousand? Can we then deport the 10+ million without screaming from the pro-illegal crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, how many of the 11 million will learn English, pay a fine, pay back taxes, get a back ground check and go to the back of the line? Maybe a couple hundred thousand? Can we then deport the 10+ million without screaming from the pro-illegal crowd?
No fine, etc. is big enough to warrant them to be able to stay here without returning to their homelands first and applying to come back just like legal immigrants do. None of these fines, etc. will be monitored anyway and we know it.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No fine, etc. is big enough to warrant them to be able to stay here without returning to their homelands first and applying to come back just like legal immigrants do. None of these fines, etc. will be monitored anyway and we know it.
Well, that's my point. The Liberals wanted a reform, it appears they may get it in some shape but since most illegal aliens won't even attempt it once they find out they have to work through a process they will just abandon it.

They should then be ok with ramping up deportations.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
$1 Fine.
Back taxes implies they or their employer kept any pay records. Highly unlikely.
Learn English? Sure, just like all the previous immigrants that came before.
Background check? For what? Criminal behavior ?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Please stop with the blanket 'the liberals' remarks.

I'm a leftie, I voted for Obama, and I am also PRO GUN and ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. I don't know a single self-professed liberal who IS pro-illegal immigration.

This issue crosses party lines. Period.

Stop it with the liberal remarks.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
$1 Fine.
Back taxes implies they or their employer kept any pay records. Highly unlikely.
Learn English? Sure, just like all the previous immigrants that came before.
Background check? For what? Criminal behavior ?
Obama made it pretty clear that is what he thinks is fair. Those that don't should be right back on the deportation target list and I completely agree.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I'm a leftie, I voted for Obama, and I am also PRO GUN and ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. I don't know a single self-professed liberal who IS pro-illegal immigration.

I don't know how most liberals feel about this issue but I believe it is only the bleeding heart kind that are pro-amnesty (or whatever else one wants to call it). Evidently you aren't one of them and made that clear. Kudos to you for standing up for America, Americans and its laws.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I'm also no conservative but it appears most hard line pro illegals are extremely left leaning ak, Liberal. You shouldn't take offense to terms so easily. I voted for Obama the first go round but no way in hell the second. When I was a pretty loyal Dem I didn't consider myself all that liberal. At least not to the point to back some agendas being pushed by the parties hard liners.

Anyway, back on topic. What do we do with the remaining millions, ramp up deportatations? I'm ok with that. Any ideas what level of "increased border security" we'll be seeing?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
I wished when I was in high school over 20 years ago that I didnt goof off so much in Spanish class and paid more attention. on me.

I'm basing my next opinion base on title of thread since it has to do with immigration reform as I have no opinion on the situation that is being discuss.

I dont know why we need to spend money on fences and border patrol agents that only suck the economy with wages, insurance, retirement but use technology we are using in the real wars.

Drones seem like would be easier route. Granted this is not a job creator but drones could cover more miles and see things stationed agents cant.
If it able to pick out the Taliban surely it could get gun, drug and people smugglers.

Focus seems to be the crossing of Mexico but Cubans where doing this way beyond this and I just saw this week how the Chinese are doing maternity tourism.

Far as the topic of deportations, IMO stick to those who are causing crime. Leave the natural citizens alone.
They have been immigrating into this country to long to decide who is natural citizen or illegal.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-29-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I wished when I was in high school over 20 years ago that I didnt goof off so much in Spanish class and paid more attention. on me.

I'm basing my next opinion base on title of thread since it has to do with immigration reform as I have no opinion on the situation that is being discuss.

I dont know why we need to spend money on fences and border patrol agents that only suck the economy with wages, insurance, retirement but use technology we are using in the real wars.

Drones seem like would be easier route. Granted this is not a job creator but drones could cover more miles and see things stationed agents cant.
If it able to pick out the Taliban surely it could get gun, drug and people smugglers.

Focus seems to be the crossing of Mexico but Cubans where doing this way beyond this and I just saw this week how the Chinese are doing maternity tourism.

Far as the topic of deportations, IMO stick to those who are causing crime. Leave the natural citizens alone.
They have been immigrating into this country to long to decide who is natural citizen or illegal.
Illegal immigrants are not natural citizens of this country according to our laws or is that irrelevant? Coming here illegally makes one an illegal immigrant. There is that little thing called immigration laws. Ever heard of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration