U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,428,561 times

Advertisements

You say that American, Canada, and Mexico are up against a serious challenge. You have that right.

Canada, and America are challenged with the invasion of Mexico. Mexico is challenged with trying to take over territory that is "Not Theirs".

So yes, all three are up against serious challenges. But there is one thing. My country has been challenged before. Many times. We're still here and we're getting pissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM

447 posts, read 706,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Dear vivski, this was an interesting post indeed, what would that mean if there was a union?

what a true union really is? imo no one would want to loose their hard earned rights and laws, but what about being citizens of Canada Mexico and America with full rights as north american union associates having the chances to legally work where you were needed, paying taxes and being subject to that countries laws as a full citizen.

I hate illegal immigration too but I don't hate illegal immigrants, they exist because the immigration system is broken imho and the American government as well as the Mexican government have been partners in crime with Illegal Immigration because they are simply doing anything when people complains or write letters to them, they might appear concerned, when elections are near they will do some cosmetic meassures to show their possible voters they are tough with illegal immigration but as soon as the corporate interests say up yours to us Mexican and American voters they give the blind eye on Illegal immigration or even support it, I might be totally wrong here it's just an opinion.

Respect!

respect is what you deserve.....and i will definetly give it to you...you sound as if you love your country as much as i do mine...maybe something good can come of aunion....but i doubt the majority of americans would just give up old glory because of an immigration law that is failing...i do believe that the immigration laws do need reform...i would never think it was right to keep anyone from coming here for a better life , if they truly claimed loyalty to their new homeland...and didnt commit other crimes other than coming here illegally in the first place.
there are many immigrants in our military who are not yet citizens(imho, they should be given citizenship just for fighting for america and other countries freedoms) some may disagree with me, but, i think anyone who is willing to die for freedom, anyones freedom, and sacrifice everything they have for a stranger is worthy to be a citizen.
i understand what you are saying about a union...but really think americans would never give up what their ancestors , mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, and they themselves have fought to keep standing.

i wish the world could be without borders,too....but it's the way of man...isn't it?
maybe the better question is, how about asking the citizens of mexico and canada...and america what they want...demand a vote, and lets see where the people lie on the issue?afterall, what progress have the people in power made?

i have to admit, it'd be interesting to find out.

good post, travelling fella.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
You are absolutely correct. Mexico has pushed their poverty north into America, and they not only up suck billions in social welfare benefits, they send billions south into Mexico. It's really a form of economic terrorism. They invade by the millions, rape and pillage loot, and sent it south to Mexico. When you consider the overall situation, including the death and pain illegal aliens have caused, Mexico has and her army of invaders have done more to harm America than al-queda has.

But what's really happening is, Bush and much of Congress, want a North American Union. They want the cheap labor, and they want to ingratiate themselves to the Hispanic voting block to ensure future party viability.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
So true!

that's why Mexico's economy is having a MASSIVE rearrangement these days and we only have 10 years to do it, we still have lots of gold, silver, cooper, uranium and other things though.

I think it is good that oil runs dry because it was it's misuse who made Mexico a third world country, perhaps it's time for us to look for something else

I know I said I wasn't going to show up here but I missed you guys I just felt bad about the hate vibes but I like these topics.

I have to accept it, I dream of a free world where everybody could be free to live and work wherever they liked it, it might be a crazy dream but experiences in my life and work have made me think in this way, I really wish that this immigration problem could be solved because is creating only hate and that breaks my heart I felt really bad yesterday because of it.

why are our egos so strong that we end up being deluded by them thus building imaginary lines between us?
should your brother a son of God be ilegal?

I don't agree with the idea, it simply makes my soul suffer

God is Love and those who live in Love, in God remain and God in them
Dios es Amor y el que vive en el Amor en Dios permanece y Dios en el
Deus Amor e quem vive no Amor em Deus fica e Deus nele.

Love and Light!

couldnt agree more...but even in religion, there are rules...and laws to follow...arent there?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
yes there are.

A great Mexican president Benito Juarez, who some people consider the best president we've ever had said.

Respect to foreign rights means peace.

he was great friends with another great American president Abraham Lincoln who some people believe has been the greatest American president ever, a lot of the bridges to cross the border are called Juarez - Lincoln or Lincoln - Juarez
because of that.

Love and Light!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration