Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I am way more for a pathway than I am outright amnesty.
Seems like both parties support this "pathway" approach. It's same as amnesty no matter how you look at it.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Seems like both parties support this "pathway" approach. It's same as amnesty no matter how you look at it.
I disagree. One is earned the other is given.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I disagree. One is earned the other is given.
No, both are pathways to amnesty. Dems call it "pathway to earned citizenship" and Republicans call it "fair path to citizenwhip". Besides, this proposal was created by both Dems and Repubs, so what's the difference?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Why wouldnt they? Both parities benifit from illegal immigration.
Democrats recieve more uneducated partyline voters, and the Republicans have a mandate from their constituants, (the Corporations) who benifit from the low wages that are a result of illegal immigration.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
I am way more for a pathway than I am outright amnesty.
And I am for outright deportation.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont think he will. The bottom line is, and ive heard him say it to and hope he stands by it, that if we dont do something about the border first or at the same time, we are going to have this problem again in 10 to 20 years.

I liked his initial thoughts on what hed like to do. I want to see now, what the actual proposal would look like. I am skeptic when some democrats are involved. I could see more of them just wanting a very easy, quick process for illegals. It must not be easy nor quick.

And I can not stress enough that the border security needs to be a part of this bill.
I hope you're right and I agree the border needs to continue being made more secure. But Rubio? I wouldn't trust him very much.

Last edited by florida.bob; 01-28-2013 at 06:38 AM..

Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Why wouldnt they? Both parities benifit from illegal immigration.
Democrats recieve more uneducated partyline voters, and the Republicans have a mandate from their constituants, (the Corporations) who benifit from the low wages that are a result of illegal immigration.
Would gun nuts be "educated" partyline voters? I don`t mean to go off topic here but bigotry and stereotyping always gets my attention.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They have been expanding the fence for a decade and they have doubled the border security, which will help, but it will never stop illegal immigration. As long as there is an incentive to come here, they will come.
And that incentive is the businesses that continue to hire illegal immigrants. These same businesses also support Republican lawmakers that propose "anti-amnesty", "tough border" policies. The GOP gains the most from the status quo:

- Businesses get a cheap source of non-union, compliant, and cheap labor.
- The Homeland Security - Industrial complex gets a steady source of government money to build measures they know are insufficient.
- Social Conservatives have something more to rage about, scaring up votes and generating campaign funds.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
And that incentive is the businesses that continue to hire illegal immigrants.
Yes, some businesses are already hurting because the immigrants are disappearing.

Quote:
These same businesses also support Republican lawmakers that propose "anti-amnesty", "tough border" policies.
Well, they have to make some anti-immigrant comments becuase they know there are a lot of anti-immigrant GOP voters out there, and they need those votes in the future.

Quote:
The GOP gains the most from the status quo:

- Businesses get a cheap source of non-union, compliant, and cheap labor.
- The Homeland Security - Industrial complex gets a steady source of government money to build measures they know are insufficient.
- Social Conservatives have something more to rage about, scaring up votes and generating campaign funds.
They are also in dire need of the latino vote. They need it to survive.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
The GOP in the house will be hard pressed to accept this. The speaker would have to have the Democrats help him pass it with a majority of his own party voting against it...again. Not sure Boehner will allow the embarrasment of cementing "weakest Speaker ever" even if it would pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration