U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 06:02 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,642,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well anyone have any ideas on what we should do, no one in the government listens to us.
Gather everyone we know (millions I pray) that is concerned over this issue, set a date, and march on Washington sitting in front of Congress and the White House and "patition the government for the redress of greviences" until they comply. However, knowing how stubborn and proud they are I would expect to be there for weeks.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:47 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,059,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Would any of us spill our blood, go to a prision camp, suffer punishment, etc. to save America? I would how about you?

It will take someone to end up like this for the rest to see what's happening and come on board. Remember strength in numbers.
Whoa, guys--I was talking about peaceful marches like the 60s, but big enough numbers that we can't be ignored. People on this forum write about this problem every day. It's a major concern for us, yet it's never really reported on the news--unless you watch Lou Dobbs. Enough people gathering together and the media would have to report it and our government would have to respond and come up with a solution. The wall is a first step, guarding it is another, cracking down on companies that break the law another..... There are many steps that will have to be taken and we have to get the government to start taking those steps!

Last edited by grammy164; 10-06-2006 at 06:56 PM..

Old 10-06-2006, 08:43 PM

311 posts, read 549,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Gather everyone we know (millions I pray) that is concerned over this issue, set a date, and march on Washington sitting in front of Congress and the White House and "patition the government for the redress of greviences" until they comply. However, knowing how stubborn and proud they are I would expect to be there for weeks.
OK, Marks, lets get this rolling! We'll start the sign up sheet on a separate thread (if thats allowed!).

Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
OK, Marks, lets get this rolling! We'll start the sign up sheet on a separate thread (if thats allowed!).
I really wish it were true. But I just don't think enough people would be willing to set aside time to do this But if someone was sincere and started something official and got it rolling I would surly sing up

Added: But check and see if you can do it here and start a thread. It might be a good way to gage the numbers

Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,908,578 times
I'd join, but I don't think I could afford to stay in D.C. for a few weeks. (I'm legally allowed to because I'd be a tourist, but I meant time and money conflicts) I do however believe it would be a worthy cause.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I'd join, but I don't think I could afford to stay in D.C. for a few weeks...
Weeks ago I mentioned this to my wife and she said the same thing. She said to me, "What you need is a millionare to support it because it would take millions of $ for that many people to stay there."

My thinking is if it's for the good of our posterity then we would have to make some sacrifices.

CC, I would welcome you! Maybe you can get a movement up north to get the US government to secure the border? Pressure from both peoples?

Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,896,703 times
I'd be willing to march in Washington to force our lame a$$ Congress to take action against illegal migration and actually follow through on the bills they pass. I'd have to bring a sleeping bag, waterproof tarp, and some of my well-water for drinking, but heck yeah. If even 500,000 Americans marched peacefully on the Mall, Congress would be forced to take notice. The problem I would foresee is that the pro-illegal migrant factions would organize immediately against such an effort and come out in full force to oppose it, which could lead to ugliness. I don't want to be involved in violence other than wringing Congress' neck.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:57 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,059,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'd be willing to march in Washington to force our lame a$$ Congress to take action against illegal migration and actually follow through on the bills they pass.
Count me in! I'm willing to do anything to get our Congress and the media to finally start addressing the real issues that concern the American public!!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 06:34 AM

311 posts, read 549,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I don't want to be involved in violence other than wringing Congress' neck.
YES!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
It probably would get ugly, we would have to be prepared for that, I am with you 100% so is my friends and family, if we want change we may have to fight for it, literally!!!!!!!!!!How do you start something like this anyway? I wouldnt know where to begin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or