U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2006, 01:36 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,702,450 times

Advertisements

Alot of cars are stolen where I am in AZ only to be found by the border or just over it beat up and abandoned , I would imagine you cant smuggle 800 pounds of potor illegals in the back of the van, they usually do searches. I imagine they drive through paths made in the desert.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:30 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,168,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeño View Post
I was not implying that they were shot- that would be ridiculous. Electron said he wanted to read about dead illegal invaders, so I pointed him in the right direction. Obviously they drowned.

My point is that I want to read about the protection of our borders, not about our BP agents being crucified at the altar of political correctness. I agree that something smells of coverup, and that too should be shaken out. If the cops are wrong and at fault for wrongdoing, they deserve whatever prosecution they get. Follow the law.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:14 PM

108 posts, read 341,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
The fence is only going to be 700 miles long and cost billions of dollars,the border is about 2000 miles, what kind of politics is this, doesn't any one realize how long the border is or is this another appeasment by both parties, knowing that most Americans can't name a Supreme court judge so how are they to know how long the border is. Just a band aid again, we will probably use illegals to build it.
Sounds good to me...

But does anyone really know how much it would cost?

Pres. Clinton was able to fence 40 miles before his term was up...who will finish the job?????

Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 PM

Well if the idiots used the right fencing, have you seen it? It is basically tin! it needs to be a 20 foot high block wall fence with razor wire!! Not some idiotic metal fence that my kids could climb!!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:10 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,168,683 times
Personally, I'd offer amnesty to a herd of illegals to get the fence built. I'd of course go back on my word and quickly deport them.

All of this is just talk though. More political pandering. A president that calls the Minutemen "vigilantes" cannot be serious about border protection.
Border fence, abortion, and gay marriage. All tools of the proliteriate elite to have its bidding done by the faithful subjects of the empire.

Last edited by Electron; 10-26-2006 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: I didn't know '*****' was a dirty word.Sorry.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM

5,702 posts, read 21,922,361 times
Thumbs up Bush signs bill for U.S.-Mexico border fence

The bill is signed, 700 miles of fencing to be installed, 1.2 billion down payment on the project. Do we have better use for this money? Yes

Lets see who will installed the fence?

President Bush signed a bill Thursday authorizing 700 miles of new fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, hoping to give Republican candidates a pre-election platform for asserting they’re tough on illegal immigration.

Its cost is not known, although a homeland security spending measure the president signed earlier this month makes a $1.2 billion down payment on the project. The money also can be used for access roads, vehicle barriers, lighting, high-tech equipment and other tools to secure the border.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15424055/

Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 PM

What gets me is they build a 10 foot tall metal fence my kids can climb!!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:17 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,900,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well if the idiots used the right fencing, have you seen it? It is basically tin! it needs to be a 20 foot high block wall fence with razor wire!! Not some idiotic metal fence that my kids could climb!!
If it was built like the wall Israel erected between the West Bank and Israel proper, it would work. Before that fence/wall was built, Palestinian suicide bombers were blowing up innocent civilians in buses, supermarkets, cafes, etc. on a regular basis. After the wall was built, it was so effective that a year can go by now without a terrorist suicide bombing...they can't get through. The Israelis used concrete panels interlocked with each other and razor wire on top. I've seen the wall the Chinese are building on their border with North Korea... It looks like a clothes line! Even my grandma...with a little boost and a blanket for the barbs... could climb over that thing. We need a real border fence, not a child's fort wall. A triple fence with at least one of those three modeled after the Israeli wall with patrols and lighting and sensors would work best. And it would indeed be effective...IF...it's built correctly.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
If it was built like the wall Israel erected between the West Bank and Israel proper, it would work. Before that fence/wall was built, Palestinian suicide bombers were blowing up innocent civilians in buses, supermarkets, cafes, etc. on a regular basis. After the wall was built, it was so effective that a year can go by now without a terrorist suicide bombing...they can't get through. The Israelis used concrete panels interlocked with each other and razor wire on top. I've seen the wall the Chinese are building on their border with North Korea... It looks like a clothes line! Even my grandma...with a little boost and a blanket for the barbs... could climb over that thing. We need a real border fence, not a child's fort wall. A triple fence with at least one of those three modeled after the Israeli wall with patrols and lighting and sensors would work best. And it would indeed be effective...IF...it's built correctly.
Absolutley!! What do these people think by using tin can material?? Seriously!! Oh why doesnt itwork? duh!!!

20 foot tall block fence with razor wire!! and what is chain lik goingto do, I can get through that with a cutter, or dig a hole!!

Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 PM

5,702 posts, read 21,922,361 times
PICTURE OF THE NEW FENCE: AND ALTERNATE USE

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or