U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,788,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why, whenever someone says something about Bush you bring up Clinton? Bush has been in office for six years! All of these messes we are in are Bush's messes. I think you do that because you HAVE no defense for Bush. You sound like those mass murderers who say my mommy didn't love me, that's why I murdered all those people. I mean, at some point people have to take responsibility for their actions, not blame others. If you were on a jury to judge the above-mentioned murderer, I bet you'd find him GUILTY!

As for what someone shoved into their pants, maybe you should ask some republican Mr. senator or maybe a Mr. evangelical minister; they seem to be getting into a lot of pants lately.

I don't give a rats butt about that evangelical piece of crap he is not running for office and I couldn't care less. He's disgraceful and that's his problem. Foley is disgraceful too and I couldn't care less about him either.

Sandy Berger was Clinton's National security advisor not some sick Senator. I would like to know what documents he stole if he was a Republican I'd be saying the same thing.

You blame Bush for everything and hail Clinton as a hero why shouldn't I compare and contrast?

Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not to mention that the bin Laden's are family friends of the Bush's. I don't believe for a minute that Osama's family 'disowned' him. Didn't he attend his brother's wedding not too long ago? Of course, that was after 9/11 and his family being flown out of the United States "for their SAFETY" when no other aircraft were allowed to fly. BU$H !
See you just said friend of Bush and you act like only Bush.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,701,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I don't give a rats butt about that evangelical piece of crap he is not running for office and I couldn't care less. He's disgraceful and that's his problem. Foley is disgraceful too and I couldn't care less about him either.

Sandy Berger was Clinton's National security advisor not some sick Senator. I would like to know what documents he stole if he was a Republican I'd be saying the same thing.

You blame Bush for everything and hail Clinton as a hero why shouldn't I compare and contrast?
Clinton a hero? hahahahahaha!! oh my I have tears now thats a good one. The man is a pig!!! Hero to all that like BJ's in the office!!! He is the worst of the used car salesmen, which is what most politians are. Smile and wave!!!!

Old 11-05-2006, 05:31 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,387,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post

Because Clinton is not in office now, Bush is. Bush is the one calling the shots now. Your only defense of Bush is to bring up people who are no longer in office. These facts you bring up about Clinton are irrelevant. I don't think anyone wants to talk about Clinton, that is in the past. You are the only one bringing up Clinton. Other people want to discuss Bush and his policies.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:11 PM

18 posts, read 38,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Boy this question sounds like bait, but I'll bite.

Yes, build a fence, wall, moat. Anything to help keep illegals on the legal side.

berlin wall..waste of money...tourist attraction
great wall of china....
u.s.-mexico wall...

Old 11-15-2006, 03:51 PM

752 posts, read 594,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migrants have rights View Post
berlin wall..waste of money...tourist attraction
great wall of china....
u.s.-mexico wall...

Hi,

I see your backhanded point, but the US doesn't have to build a fence that will last a lifetime. All it has to do is stem the flood the until the useless, kleptocratic Mexican government either sees the light or is run from office. Either outcome would be welcome.

One would think that a person who supports migrants would be in favor of making migrants more welcome at home.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM

231 posts, read 464,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Hi,

I see your backhanded point, but the US doesn't have to build a fence that will last a lifetime. All it has to do is stem the flood the until the useless, kleptocratic Mexican government either sees the light or is run from office. Either outcome would be welcome.

One would think that a person who supports migrants would be in favor of making migrants more welcome at home.
Who is going to run the Mexican government out of office? First of all, the US would never allow that to happen. The Mex gov is supported by the US. Felipe Calderon and Fox were/are both backed by the US. I don`t think the US would never allow some revolutionary government overthrow in Mexico. It would be called "communist" or "leftist" and prompty squashed.
And I also think the Mex government "sees the light", and the fact is, they see the jobs in the US as the light. They know better than anyone how messed up and poor they are but there is very little that they can do to fight such rampant poverty and corruption within. I have a theory that the widespread corruption is born from poverty, and not the other way around. So many people point fingers and criticize Mexico- it`s people and its government. As far as illegal immigration goes, I think that is the wrong direction and it will indeed take a lifetime if you decide to wait for Mexico to fix itself up.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:30 PM

752 posts, read 594,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeņo View Post
Who is going to run the Mexican government out of office? First of all, the US would never allow that to happen. The Mex gov is supported by the US. Felipe Calderon and Fox were/are both backed by the US. I don`t think the US would never allow some revolutionary government overthrow in Mexico. It would be called "communist" or "leftist" and prompty squashed.
And I also think the Mex government "sees the light", and the fact is, they see the jobs in the US as the light. They know better than anyone how messed up and poor they are but there is very little that they can do to fight such rampant poverty and corruption within. I have a theory that the widespread corruption is born from poverty, and not the other way around. So many people point fingers and criticize Mexico- it`s people and its government. As far as illegal immigration goes, I think that is the wrong direction and it will indeed take a lifetime if you decide to wait for Mexico to fix itself up.
Hi,

Mexico deserves all the criticism it receives, and more. The Mexican Government, Mexican Business, Mexican Police and Mexican Drug Dealers, all. They're the ones getting the free ride. They have nothing to gain from creating prosperity in their own country. And America provides a nice outlet for those potentially trouble-making dissatisfied poor. Nothing will change until the Mexican Elite have to live with the growing human misery they create. That's why you close off the border.

Illegal migrants shouldn't be made scapegoats for making a perfectly rational decision. I insist that anyone in this forum, when faced with a choice of living in a pit of poverty or taking a chance at prosperity, would make the same choice the illegals do. Without a doubt. But that doesn't mean that America should roll the red carpet out for them. They're the agents of change in Mexico.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 AM

9,716 posts, read 12,949,870 times
You know, with what some of these people pay the Coyotes to smuggle them over the border, I can't see why the Coyotes won't start smuggling them over the Canadian border. It's just as open as the Mexican border.

Or maybe, with all that money, they'll just build more tunnels.

I still think "Where there is a will, there's a way" and the fence is just going to be an expensive thing that won't do anything to solve the illegal immigration problem.

We need to stop people from hiring them. That is the ONLY solution.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:06 PM

231 posts, read 464,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Hi,

Mexico deserves all the criticism it receives, and more. The Mexican Government, Mexican Business, Mexican Police and Mexican Drug Dealers, all. They're the ones getting the free ride. They have nothing to gain from creating prosperity in their own country. And America provides a nice outlet for those potentially trouble-making dissatisfied poor. Nothing will change until the Mexican Elite have to live with the growing human misery they create. That's why you close off the border.

Illegal migrants shouldn't be made scapegoats for making a perfectly rational decision. I insist that anyone in this forum, when faced with a choice of living in a pit of poverty or taking a chance at prosperity, would make the same choice the illegals do. Without a doubt. But that doesn't mean that America should roll the red carpet out for them. They're the agents of change in Mexico.
What about American businesses in Mexico? They should be on your criticism list too. How are the Mexican police getting a free ride? They are among the poor as well. Why do you think they accept bribes? Most come from poor families and have little or no education. Closing the border isn`t going to "make the elite live with the growing human misery" because they already do, and they can afford to, and always will be able to afford to cushion themselves with wealth. There are thousands of other nations that don`t export immigrants to the US, and their rich elite don`t live with the growing human misery that they create, so why would Mexico`s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or