U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 PM

421 posts, read 243,025 times

Advertisements

A grand jury should not have even existed for such a minor thing as someone having an affair. If that happened to everyone who had an extramarital affair our courts would be in session 24/7.

He was the President of the United States of America, he was not just a guy having an affair. A person who doesn't have enough self control to be loyal to his wife will not be loyal to his country or anyone else.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:54 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,382,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
You read from a lib play book ? Read again I answered all your things. NOt cherry picking. And the grand jury wasn't just for him lieing, it was for all kinds of things he did , THAT HE SHOULDN'T of. Don't worry the fence wont be built the dems will block it. Their record is far worse than Bushes.
So answer my questions,then, if you don't cherry pick...

For instance, what is worse for the country, the president having a sexual affair or the president entering into a bogus war with 3,000 Americans dead and untold thousands grossly wounded?

What is worse for the country, a president admitting he smoked maryjane in college or a president who allows illegal aliens free access to our country, our jobs, our tax dollars for free health care and foodstamps?

Old 11-25-2006, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Why aren`t unemployed Americans trying to get the available jobs?

That's what I'd like to know.
They are not getting them because employers wish to pay less than minimum wage and not offer benefits to their workers. These wishes can be fulfilled by hiring illegal aliens. I know that for a fact. A co-worker's high-school-aged son tried to get a summer job doing landscaping and the person hiring told him he could get illegals to do the work for less money. Needless to say, he didn't get the job. That is why unemployed Americans are not getting these jobs!

Old 11-25-2006, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeŮo View Post
Illegals don`t "suck up our jobs", they are offered our jobs. They accept our jobs. But it isn`t like they are beating out more qualified candidates.
Yes, they are beating out more qualified candidates...American citizens!

And employing an illegal alien is against the law, by the way. Gee, I hope everyone looks the other way when I rob a bank or steal your car. Those things are illegal, too, but what the heck! I'm only trying to make my life better! Maybe I'll even use your social security number! Oh, wait, I forgot that only business owners can break the law. Darn!

Old 11-25-2006, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
You read from a lib play book ? Read again I answered all your things. NOt cherry picking. And the grand jury wasn't just for him lieing, it was for all kinds of things he did , THAT HE SHOULDN'T of. Don't worry the fence wont be built the dems will block it. Their record is far worse than Bushes.
Tell me, what were the "all kinds of things he did" for which he faced the grand jury? You know, things for which the grand jury was specifically set up.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:34 AM

421 posts, read 243,025 times
A co-worker's high-school-aged son tried to get a summer job doing landscaping and the person hiring told him he could get illegals to do the work for less money. Needless to say, he didn't get the job. That is why unemployed Americans are not getting these jobs!

I don't disagree with this at all, but I think we should be cracking down on these employers and cracking down on the people using the welfare system.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:32 PM

112 posts, read 51,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So answer my questions,then, if you don't cherry pick...

For instance, what is worse for the country, the president having a sexual affair or the president entering into a bogus war with 3,000 Americans dead and untold thousands grossly wounded?

What is worse for the country, a president admitting he smoked maryjane in college or a president who allows illegal aliens free access to our country, our jobs, our tax dollars for free health care and foodstamps?
Wow!!! Letís go back. Going into Iraq was voted almost unanimously by all. In fact 2004 the dems tried to bring up what you just said and lost. Lets not loose focus on why the dems one this last election. It was not because we went into Iraq it was because the American people voted for a change in which it was being managed. They did not vote for a pull out either like the dems are trying to force down our throats. If the dems think they can keep this up 2008 is going to the Republicans (house and all). Let me ask you a few question to your last remark. Wasn't the president the one who proposed the guest worker program? What is the dems suggestion that we should do besides shut down anything the president had to offer?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:33 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,945,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
They are not getting them because employers wish to pay less than minimum wage and not offer benefits to their workers. These wishes can be fulfilled by hiring illegal aliens. I know that for a fact. A co-worker's high-school-aged son tried to get a summer job doing landscaping and the person hiring told him he could get illegals to do the work for less money. Needless to say, he didn't get the job. That is why unemployed Americans are not getting these jobs!
Not only that -- I think a lot of the jobs the illegals fill are for part-time farm workers. There aren't a lot of unemployed legals living in those areas.

I watched a news program Sunday morning. They featured a guy who owned a pear orchard. He had his biggest crop ever this year -- but he couldn't get anyone to pick the crop so the crop fell on the ground and rotted. (He was in Washington state.) Next the trees will need cutting back -- and that's something the illegals do too. He said he was thinking about switching to hay!! Yeehaw!! Switching to a heavily government subsidized product!!! Yeah! That's just what we need!! Another farmer collecting a million dollar paycheck for growing a crop we don't need!!

How can we match legal employees up with the people who need them? Should we pay for their room and board and transportation so they can move to the areas they are needed in? Or, should we pay farmers to grow unneeded crops?

It's our money. How do we want to spend it?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:45 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,945,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
A co-worker's high-school-aged son tried to get a summer job doing landscaping and the person hiring told him he could get illegals to do the work for less money. Needless to say, he didn't get the job. That is why unemployed Americans are not getting these jobs!

I don't disagree with this at all, but I think we should be cracking down on these employers and cracking down on the people using the welfare system.
I think we should crack down on employers too -- but tell me -- why wouldn't your co-worker's son work for less? Was it less than the minimum wage?

I have a little bit of sympathy for both sides in this struggle. I think there are jobs that temporary farm workers could fill and probably should fill. I think there are other jobs out there that employers are just trying to take advantage of people. A landscaping job seems like an employer trying to take advantage of employees.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:08 PM

24 posts, read 70,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I welcome legal immigration with a halt every other 10 years (in other words, 10 years of legal immigration and then a halt of 10 years for a time of assimilation) this is crucial for the American culture to survive.

The simple fact is illegal immigration is just that ILLEGAL—it's breaking the law. How much clearer can it be? All illegals break the law coming in, continue to break it while living here, and then want us to grant them "special rights" just because they are here? Nonsense!

One more time for those that don't get it, they're breaking the LAW period.

We focus on the southwest border because that is the easiest and most prolific entry into our country.

It's always the bleeding hearts that cry out for the criminals (illegals) breaking the law. The truth is we have grown in population thanks to those from the South America, we have more gangs from Latin America here, we are now forced to choose a language, "press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish." It is clear that illegals, especially from Latin America, are not assimilating into our language, culture, traditions, religion, or love of country. And this is ok? I don't think so.

I have debated this issue with many, many people, and no one can give me a short, simple, and clear answer to why do you support illegal, law breaking, immigration? It's always the same liberal answer the same party line.

For those of us that are opposed to illegal immigration our answer is short. The Rule of Law—it's wrong because it's unlawful and a criminal act.

For those of you that support illegal immigration tell us in a SHORT sentence why we should accept it?
Marks,
I agree with absolutely every word of your post with the exception of the sentance "It's always the same liberal answer to the same party line." I consider myself liberal as do many of my friends and fellow Californians. We feel the same way you do. I think most Americans do, it's our Representatives who are having a problem with listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or